Thursday, August 9, 2018

Post, The Secret and Mysteries of GOD revisited, Things Now Spiritual cont'd again part 4

So again here we are looking into the secret of the word "religion," with its hidden origin and meaning of resistance to GOD and all things of the Divine working of Grace within the renewed human heart and mind. Where does this have it's origin in the beginning of course, where is the beginning you ask, well in of all places within the first three chapters of Genesis where we find so much of Christ spoken of in His association in man to start with. Even in Psalm 41 we hear Christ speaking as the "me" in it's text. And would you believe it begins with a word not associated with religion at all in it's use, in a physical sense, this word is heel (Strong's Hebrew H6119). Look with me at Genesis 3:15 of 8-19 where I will also show the Hebrew numbering of the Strong's for verse 15 only in the KJV. And then follow this pattern on through each passage, we will look at Job 18 (I will show the Hebrew of the targeted verse here also) once again and then Psalm 41 (same here) before heading to the new witness of Christ in John 13 (Thayer's Greek here) to hear what Jesus has to say there.


Genesis 3:15 of 8-19 "They (Adam and woman) heard the sound of the LORD God walking in the garden in the cool (early morning hours) of the day, and the man and his wife hid themselves from the presence of the LORD God among the trees of the garden. For the LORD God called to the man and said to him, 'Where are you?' Adam said, "I heard the sound of You in the garden, and I was afraid, because I was naked, and I hid myself." He said, 'Who told you that you were naked? Have you eaten of the tree of which I commanded you not to eat?' Then Adam said, "The woman whom You gave to be with me, she gave me fruit of the tree, and I ate." Then the LORD God said to the woman, 'What is this that you have done?' The woman said, "The serpent deceived me, and I ate." The LORD God said to the serpent, 'Because you have done this, cursed are you above all livestock and above all beasts of the field; on your belly you shall go, and dust you shall eat all the days of your life. I will put enmity between you and the woman, and between your offspring and her offspring; he shall bruise your head, and you shall bruise his heel.' Turning the woman HE said, 'I will surely multiply your pain in childbearing; in pain you shall bring forth children. Your desire shall be for your husband, and he shall rule over you.' To Adam HE said, 'Because you have listened to the voice of your wife and have eaten of the tree of which I commanded you, 'You shall not eat of it,' cursed is the ground because of you; in pain you shall eat of it all the days of your life; thorns and thistles it shall bring forth for you; and you shall eat the plants of the field. By the sweat of your face you shall eat bread, till you return to the ground, for out of it you were taken; for you are dust, and to dust you shall return.'"
(Gen 3:15 And I will put H7896 enmity H342 between H996 thee and the woman, H802 and between H996 thy seed H2233 and her seed; H2233 it H1931 shall bruise H7779 thy head, H7218 and thou H859 shalt bruise H7779 his heel H6119.)

Job 18:9 of 1-21 "Then Bildad the Shuhite answered and said: "How long will you hunt for words? Consider, and then we will speak. Why are we counted as cattle? Why are we stupid in your sight? You who tear yourself in your anger, shall the earth be forsaken for you, or the rock be removed out of its place? "Indeed, the light of the wicked is put out, and the flame of his fire does not shine. The light is dark in his tent, and his lamp above him is put out. His strong steps are shortened, and his own schemes throw him down. For he is cast into a net by his own feet, and he walks on its mesh. A trap seizes him by the heel; a snare lays hold of him. A rope is hidden for him in the ground, a trap for him in the path. Terrors frighten him on every side, and chase him at his heels. His strength is famished, and calamity is ready for his stumbling. It consumes the parts of his skin; the firstborn of death consumes his limbs. He is torn from the tent in which he trusted and is brought to the king of terrors. In his tent dwells that which is none of his; sulfur is scattered over his habitation. His roots dry up beneath, and his branches wither above. His memory perishes from the earth, and he has no name in the street. He is thrust from light into darkness, and driven out of the world. He has no posterity or progeny among his people, and no survivor where he used to live. They of the west are appalled at his day, and horror seizes them of the east. Surely such are the dwellings of the unrighteous, such is the place of him who knows not God."
(Job 18:9 The gin H6341 shall take H270 him by the heel H6119, and the robber H6782 shall prevail H2388 against H5921 him.)

Psalm 41:9 of 4-9 "As for me, I said, "O LORD, be gracious to me; heal me, for I have sinned against you!" My enemies say of me in malice, "When will he die, and his name perish?" And when one comes to see me, he utters empty words, while his heart gathers iniquity; when he goes out, he tells it abroad. All who hate me whisper together about me; they imagine the worst for me. They say, "A deadly thing is poured out on him; he will not rise again from where he lies." Even my close friend in whom I trusted, who ate my bread, has lifted his heel against me."
(Psa 41:9  Yea, H1571 mine own familiar friend H7965 H376, in whom H834 I trusted H982, which did eat H398 of my bread H3899, hath lifted up H1431 his heel H6119 against H5921 me.)

Hosea 12:3 of 1-11 "Ephraim feeds on the wind and pursues the east wind all day long; they multiply falsehood and violence; they make a covenant with Assyria, and oil is carried to Egypt. The LORD has an indictment against Judah and will punish Jacob according to his ways; HE will repay him according to his deeds. In the womb he took his brother by the heel, and in his manhood he strove with GOD. He strove with the angel and prevailed; he wept and sought his favor. He met GOD at Bethel, and there GOD spoke with us— the LORD, the GOD of hosts, the LORD is His memorial name: "So you, by the help of your God, return, hold fast to love (kindness, loyalty) and justice, and wait continually for your God." A merchant (Canaanite), in whose hands are false balances, he loves to oppress. Ephraim has said, "Ah, but I am rich; I have found wealth for myself; in all my labors they cannot find in me iniquity or sin." 'I am the LORD your God from the land of Egypt; I will again make you dwell in tents, as in the days of the appointed feast. I spoke to the prophets; it was I Who multiplied visions, and through the prophets gave parables. If there is iniquity in Gilead, they shall surely come to nothing: in Gilgal they sacrifice bulls; their altars also are like stone heaps on the furrows of the field.'"
(Hos 12:3 He took his brother by the heel H6117 (H853) H251 in the womb H990, and by his strength H202 he had power H8280 with H854 God H430:)

John 13:18 of 12-20 "When Jesus had washed their feet and put on His outer garments and resumed His place, He said to them, 'Do you understand what I have done to you? You call Me Teacher and LORD, and you are right, for so I am. If I then, your LORD and Teacher, have washed your feet, you also ought to wash one another's feet. For I have given you an example, that you also should do just as I have done to you. Truly, truly, I say to you, a servant is not greater than his Master, nor is a messenger greater than the one who sent him.(Deuteronomy 18:15-22) If you know these things, blessed are you if you do them. I am not speaking of all of you; I know whom I have chosen. But the Scripture (Psalm 41:9 of 4-9) will be fulfilled, 'He who ate My bread has lifted his heel against Me.' I am telling you this now, before it takes place, that when it does take place you may believe that I am He. Truly, truly, I say to you, whoever receives the one I send receives Me, and whoever receives Me receives the one who sent Me (Deuteronomy 18:18 of 15-22).'"
(Joh 13:18 I speak G3004 not G3756 of G4012 you G5216 all G3956: I G1473 know G1492 whom G3739 I have chosen G1586: but G235 that G2443 the G3588 scripture G1124 may be fulfilled G4137, He that eateth G5176 bread G740 with G3326 me G1700 hath lifted up G1869 his G848 heel G4418 against G1909 me G1691.)

Now begins the search of the words usage and meaning of each, for the OT I will use the AHLB in place of the Strong's and for the NT the Thayer's Greek Definitions.

Genesis 3:15; Job 1:9; Psalm 41:9: Strong's #6119: AHLB#: 2571 (N)

2571) Restrain co: Heel ab: ?: The restraining of the heel when taking a step forward. [from: ko]
V) - Restrain: To hold back. [freq. 5] (vf: Paal, Piel) |kjv: supplant, heel, stay| {str: 6117}
Nm) - I. Heel: What is restrained when taking a step forward. II. Because: In the sense of being on the heel of something else. [freq. 29] |kjv: heel, footstep, horsehoof, at last, step, liers, because, reward, end, by, for, if| {str: 6118, 6119, 6120}
Nf1) - Subtlety: As appearing to be hidden in the sense of restraint. [freq. 1] |kjv: subtilty| {str: 6122}
cm) - Crooked: From the angle of the ankle. [freq. 3] |kjv: crooked, deceitful, polluted| {str: 6121}

Hosea 12:3: Strong's #6117: AHLB#: 2571 (V)

2571) ac: Restrain co: Heel ab: ?: The restraining of the heel when taking a step forward. [from: ko]
V) - Restrain: To hold back. [freq. 5] (vf: Paal, Piel) |kjv: supplant, heel, stay| {str: 6117}
Nm) - I. Heel: What is restrained when taking a step forward. II. Because: In the sense of being on the heel of something else. [freq. 29] |kjv: heel, footstep, horsehoof, at last, step, liers, because, reward, end, by, for, if| {str: 6118, 6119, 6120}
Nf1) - Subtlety: As appearing to be hidden in the sense of restraint. [freq. 1] |kjv: subtilty| {str: 6122}
cm) - Crooked: From the angle of the ankle. [freq. 3] |kjv: crooked, deceitful, polluted| {str: 6121}

Strong's #853: AHLB#: 1022-A (N)

1022) ac: Plow co: Mark ab: ?: The pictograph a is a picture of an ox. The t is a picture of two crossed sticks used to make a sign or mark. Combined these pictures represent "an ox moving toward a mark". When plowing a field with oxen, the plowman drives the oxen toward a distant mark in order to keep the furrow straight. A traveler arrives at his destination by following a mark. The traveling toward a mark, destination or person. The arrival of one to the mark. A "you" is an individual who has arrived to a "me". The coming toward a mark. A standard, or flag, with the family mark hangs as a sign. An agreement or covenant by two where a sign or mark of the agreement is made as a reminder to both parties. (eng: at - a moving at something)
A) ac: ? co: Plow ab: ?: The plowing of a field by driving the oxen to a distant mark.
Nf) - I. Plow-point: The plow-point is used to cut a deep furrow in the ground for planting seeds. [A common grammatical word that precedes the direct object of a verb] II. Sign: A sign, mark or wonder (as a sign). [Aramaic only] III. At: Something that moves near something to be with it. Also used as grammatical tool to mark the direct object of the verb. [df: ty] [freq. 7373] |kjv: plowshare, coulter, sign, against, with, in, upon| {str: 852, 853, 854, 855, 3487}
H) ac: ? co: Mark ab: Arrive: The traveling toward a mark, destination or a person. The arrival of one to the mark.
V) - Arrive: To arrive at a destination. [Hebrew and Aramaic] [freq. 37] (vf: Paal, Hiphil, Hophal) |kjv: come, bring| {str: 857, 858}
Nm) - You: As one who has arrived. [Hebrew and Aramaic] [df: ta] [freq. 26] |kjv: thou, thee, you, ye| {str: 607, 608, 859}
J) ac: ? co: Mark ab: Agree: The coming toward a mark. A standard, or flag, with the family mark hangs as a sign. An agreement or covenant by two where a sign or mark of the agreement is made as a reminder to both parties.
V) - Agree: Two parties to be in agreement. [freq. 4] (vf: Niphal) |kjv: consent| {str: 225}
Nf) - Mark: The sign of an agreement between two parties. [freq. 79] |kjv: sign, token, ensign, miracle, mark| {str: 226}
M) ac: ? co: Entrance ab: ?: The entering into the area of destination.
jm) - Entrance: [freq. 1] |kjv: entrance| {str: 2978}

Strong's #251: AHLB#: 1008-A (N)

1008) ac: Protect co: Hearth ab: Brotherhood: The pictograph a represents strength. The h is a wall. Combined these pictographs mean "strong wall". In Hebrew thought, a wall is more than a vertical barrier but anything that separates or divides. The hearth around the fire protected the house from the heat and embers of the fire.
A) ac: ? co: Hearth ab: ?
Nf) - I. Hearth: A dividing wall that protects the family from the fire. II. Brother: One who stands between the enemy and the family, a protector. [Hebrew and Aramaic] [freq. 634] |kjv: brethren, brother, another, brotherly, kindred, hearth| {str: 251, 252, 254}
Nf3) - Sister: [freq. 114] |kjv: sister, another| {str: 269}
rm) - Marsh Grass: The tall grasses that line a marsh as a wall. [freq. 3] |kjv: meadow, flag| {str: 260}
J) ac: ? co: ? ab: ?
Nm) - Oahh: An unknown animal. [freq. 1] |kjv: creature| {str: 255}
K) ac: ? co: Hearth ab: ?
Nf1) - Brotherhood: A company of brothers. [freq. 1] |kjv: brotherhood| {str: 264}

John 13:18:G4418
πτέρνα
pterna
Thayer Definition:
1) the heel (of the foot)
2) to lift up the heel against one
2a) to injure one by trickery (figure borrowed either from kicking, or from a wrestler tripping up his antagonist)
Part of Speech: noun feminine
A Related Word by Thayer’s / Strong’s Number: of uncertain derivation

Now you can see what I face each time I am impressed to look into the word being used and why it is that I use as best I can the complete thought where the word or phrase is used. Religion is to snare or hinder ones understanding and from the receiving light. The LORD willing we will return to 2Corinthians 6-7:4 next. But before we do what has religion play into these word meanings, you ask. Well we'll find out next.

No comments:

Post a Comment