Wednesday, November 28, 2018

The saga of "The Secret of GOD", part 10.3 the renewed mind.

Jesus has just told the Leadership of the Jewish faith based on works, that He and the Father of spirits are One and needless to say they are enraged a new. This this is where we pick up the flow in John 10 in verse 31 before dropping back to chapter 3 and Nicodemus.


John 10:31-39 "Then the Jews took up stones again to stone him. Jesus answered them, 'Many good works have I shewed you from my Father; for which of those works do ye stone me?' The Jews answered him, saying, "For a good work we stone thee not; but for blasphemy; and because that thou, being a man, makest thyself God." Jesus answered them, 'Is it not written in your law, I said, Ye are gods? If he called them gods, unto whom the word of God came, and the scripture cannot be broken;  Say ye of him, whom the Father hath sanctified, and sent into the world, Thou blasphemest; because I said, I am the Son of God? If I do not the works of my Father, believe me not. But if I do, though ye believe not me, believe the works: that ye may know, and believe, that the Father is in me, and I in him.' Therefore they sought again to take him: but he escaped out of their hand." (KJV)

John 10:31-39 "The Jews picked up stones again to stone him. Jesus answered them, 'I have shown you many good works from the Father; for which of them are you going to stone me?' The Jews answered him, "It is not for a good work that we are going to stone you but for blasphemy, because you, being a man, make yourself God." Jesus answered them, 'Is it not written in (Psalm 82:6 of) your Law, "I said, you are gods?" If he called them gods to whom the word of God came—and Scripture cannot be broken—do you say of him whom the Father consecrated and sent into the world, "You are blaspheming," because I said, 'I am the Son of God?' If I am not doing the works of my Father, then do not believe me; but if I do them, even though you do not believe me, believe the works, that you may know and understand that the Father is in me and I am in the Father.' Again they sought to arrest him, but he escaped from their hands." (ESV)

John 10:31--39 "This filled the Jews with renewed rage and they picked up stones to stone him. Then Jesus questioned them saying, 'I have openly shown you many good works confirming my union with my Father; for which one of these do you stone me?' They said, "We are not stoning you for something that you have done but for what you have just said! You blasphemed God! You are a mere man and you make yourself equal with God! (The penalty for blasphemy was death by stoning - Leviticus 24:16.) Jesus said, 'Is it not written in (Psalm 82:6 of) your Law, "'I said you are gods?'" And if he called them gods, to whom the word of GOD came, and Scripture cannot be dissolved; dare you say of him whom the Father has consecrated and commissioned into the world, "You blasphemy!" because I said that I am the Son of GOD? (Sonship implies union with the Father. Look at Hebrews 1:1-3 and Revelation 12:7) If I was not doing my Father's works then you would have reason not to believe me; But if I do, then even if you do not believe me believe the works; then you will understand and be convinced that the Father is in me and I am in him!' And again they sought to seize him as they had tired repeatedly in the past, but he escaped out of their hands." (The Mirror)

I now want to back up to Nicodemus in John 3, to see what the Mirror Study Bible, alone reveals there. Because of what is stated there and the last portion of John 10:40-43's dealing with John the baptist and his statements concerning Jesus.

John 3:1-3 "Now among them there was a man who was a prominent leader among the Jews, a Pharisee name Nicodemus. He came to see Jesus under the cover of night and said to him, "Rabbi, it is [1]clear for all of us that you [2]came from GOD as a Teacher-the signs you perform are proof that GOD is [6] with you! [3]No one is [4]able to do these signs you do [5]if they are not in [6]union with GOD. (The thoughts from the following 6 words are repeated in the answer Jesus gives Nicodemus: [1]oidamen, from eido, to perceive, to see; to discern. [2]eleuthas, from erchomai, to come from; [3]oudeis, no one; [4]dunamis, to be capable; able; to have the power to accomplish. [5]ean me, unless; if not; meta, together with; to be included in, to be in union with.) Jesus answered him emphatically; 'no one would even be able to recognize anything as coming from GOD's domain unless they are born from above to begin with! The very fact that it is possible to perceive that I AM in union with GOD, as a human being, reveals humanity's genesis from above!' (Notice from the previous verse how Jesus employs a play of words from the question of Nicodemus. Here Jesus uses the word anouthen meaning from above - look at James 1:17, every good and perfect gift comes anothen [from above].)

John 3:4-8 "Nicodemus did not understand this answer at all and said to him, "How can a person be born if they are already grown-up? Surely one cannot re-enter your mother's womb and be born a second time? (Nicodemus looks at the subject merely from the physical material side. His "second time" is not the same as Jesus' "from above." As Godet remarks, "he does not understand the difference between a second beginning and a different beginning.") Jesus answered with, 'you have to get this, unless someone is born out of water (the womb) and Spirit, there would be no possible connection with the realm of GOD! Whatever originates out of the flesh is flesh; but what is sourced in Spirit is spirit! ( When you look at a baby, it's just that: a baby you can look at and touch. But the person who takes shape within is formed by something you can't see and touch---the Spirit! That is to say breath, breathed into it, GOD.) Don't be so surprised when I say to you[manity - plural!] You couldn't get here in the flesh unless you got here from above! (Look at John 1:13 These are the ones who discover their genesis in GOD beyond their natural conception! This is not about our GOD-begotteness; we are his dream come true! We are not the invention of our parents! [You are the greatest idea GOD ever had!]) We can observe the effect the wind has and hear its sound whenever it touches objects - yet those objects do not define the wind; it comes and goes of its own accord - if life was not born out of spirit in the first place, it would not be possible to detect spirit influence at all! We are spirit-compatible by design!'" (Spirit is our origin!(Genesis 1:26a, 27, 2:7) Not our mather's womb! Look at 2Corinthians 3:3 The fact that you are a Christ-Epistle shines as bright as day! This is what our ministry is all about. The Spirit of GOD is the living link. Every race of the Spirit's influence on the heart is what gives permanence to this conversation. We are not talking law-language here; this is more dynamic and permanent than letters chiseled in stone. This conversation is your inner consciousness. [It is the life of your design that grace echoes within us!])

I will, the LORD willing continue with this in our next post.

No comments:

Post a Comment