Saturday, November 17, 2018

The saga of "The Secret of GOD", part 7.14 the renewed mind.

We are moving along with Jesus and His teaching of His mission that so many misunderstand or do not see at all because of religions blindness and slumber, as a spirit of stupor given to Israel for its unbelief. (Romans 11:8 of 7-10; Isaiah 29:10, Jeremiah 5:21) Much of the so called "Christian world" sufferers from the same condition because of the same unbelief even though they claim otherwise. Many of our day defend "Christendom" with no regard for Christ's revelation or the "petros," that is to say the rock of the ages, Peter being a small portion of that rock. Of Peter's fame, after he professed Jesus to be "the Messiah and Christ of GOD!" This is also spoken of by Matthew in 16:18 of 13-20; Mark in 8:27-30 and Luke in 9:18-21. Now! Because all religions are the same and everyone believes that theirs is different, or better than anyone else's, when in fact an in all truth they are not, for they are poto-types of the old Judaism, of Israel, with maybe a slightly different sping. They remain an obstacle that stands between GOD and His people, for they were such from earlier ages, of their, Israel's history, up to and including today. For the scriptures themselves tell us that when every the OT is read and followed there remains a veil that covers their eyes and ears, and this is true of all religions known of man. Here is the truth, we are in an age of relationship not political or even religious, for any of its many and varied forms can be seen in Revelation 17-19. Okay! here we are in John 7 picking up the flow at verse 25.


John 7:25-31 "Then said some of them of Jerusalem, "Is not this he, whom they seek to kill? But, lo, he speaketh boldly, and they say nothing unto him. Do the rulers know indeed that this is the very Christ? Howbeit we know this man whence he is: but when Christ cometh, no man knoweth whence he is." Then cried Jesus in the temple as he taught, saying, 'Ye both know me, and ye know whence I am: and I am not come of myself, but he that sent me is true, whom ye know not. For I know him: for I am from him, and he hath sent me.' Then they sought to take him: but no man laid hands on him, because his hour was not yet come. And many of the people believed on him, and said, "When Christ cometh, will he do more miracles than these which this man hath done?" (KJV)

John 7:25-31 "Some of the people of Jerusalem therefore said, "Is not this the man whom they seek to kill? And here he is, speaking openly, and they say nothing to him! Can it be that the authorities really know that this is the Christ? But we know where this man comes from, and when the Christ appears, no one will know where he comes from." So Jesus proclaimed, as he taught in the temple, 'You know me, and you know where I come from. But I have not come of my own accord. He who sent me is true, and him you do not know. I know him, for I come from him, and he sent me.' So they were seeking to arrest him, but no one laid a hand on him, because his hour had not yet come. Yet many of the people believed in him. They said, "When the Christ appears, will he do more signs than this man has done?" (ESV)

John 7:25-31 "The residents in Jerusalem were surprised that Jesus showed up publicly since it was common knowledge that the Jewish leadership sought opportunity to kill him. Here he is as outspoken as ever and they are silent! Perhaps they too know deep inside that he is truly the Christ. "But then again we know him and his family and are of the opinion that the origin of the Christ was suppose to be a mystery." This provoked Jesus to raise his voice passionately while he was teaching in the temple, "You claim to know me and where I come from, yet you fail to recognize that I am not here on my own mission; you clearly show that you do not know him who sent me. For I know him for I am his close companion and kinsman; he is the one who sent me.' (Again a different word to the English word "from" look back at verse 17 - para, is a preposition indicating close proximity, a thing proceeding from a sphere of influence, with a suggestion of union of place of residence, to have sprung from its author and giver, of origin thusly originating from, denoting the point from which an action originated, intimate connection - Jesus introduces the Holy Spirit in the same fashion and capacity; parakletos, meaning close companion, kinsman [John 14:16] - here it is used with kletos from kaleo, to surname - thus sharing the same family name.) This made them even more determined to seize him yet no one was able to touch him since his hour had not yet come." (The Mirror)


John 7:32-36 "The Pharisees heard that the people murmured such things concerning him; and the Pharisees and the chief priests sent officers to take him. Then said Jesus unto them, 'Yet a little while am I with you, and then I go unto him that sent me. Ye shall seek me, and shall not find me: and where I am, thither ye cannot come.' Then said the Jews among themselves, "Whither will he go, that we shall not find him? will he go unto the dispersed among the Gentiles, and teach the Gentiles? What manner of saying is this that he said, "'Ye shall seek me, and shall not find me: and where I am, thither ye cannot come?'" (KJV)

John 7:32-36 "The Pharisees heard the crowd muttering these things about him, and the chief priests and Pharisees sent officers to arrest him. Jesus then said, 'I will be with you a little longer, and then I am going to him who sent me. You will seek me and you will not find me. Where I am you cannot come.' The Jews said to one another, "Where does this man intend to go that we will not find him? Does he intend to go to the Dispersion among the Greeks and teach the Greeks? What does he mean by saying, "'You will seek me and you will not find me,' and, 'Where I am you cannot come?'" (ESV)

John 7:32-36 "The Pharisees were extremely worried when they realized that his popularity among the people, so with the support of their chief priests they ordered the temple police to arrest him. Jesus then said to them, 'I will only briefly remain with you where you can see me, then I will be on my way again, [1]sinking out of sight, to be [2]face to face with my Sender. (The word [1]upago suggests a leading "under" as in under cover. Again John employs the preposition [2]pros.) You will search for me but not find me and where I am your religion cannot take you!' The Jews couldn't imagine where he would go where they wouldn't find him. Maybe he would join the dispersed Jews and go teach the Gentiles. What would he mean by saying that we would seek him and not find him and "where I am you are powerless!" (The Mirror)


John 7:37-39 "In the last day, that great day of the feast, Jesus stood and cried, saying, 'If any man thirst, let him come unto me, and drink. He that believeth on me, as the scripture hath said, out of his belly shall flow rivers of living water.' (But this spake he of the Spirit, which they that believe on him should receive: for the Holy Ghost was not yet given; because that Jesus was not yet glorified.)" (KJV)

John 7:37-39 "On the last day of the feast, the great day, Jesus stood up and cried out, 'If anyone thirsts, let him come to me and drink. Whoever believes in me, as the Scripture has said, 'Out of his heart will flow rivers of living water.'" Now this he said about the Spirit, whom those who believed in him were to receive, for as yet the Spirit had not been given, because Jesus was not yet glorified." (ESV)

John 7:37-39 "On the final day, the crescendo of the eight-day Feast of Tabernacles (Booths), Jesus, knowing that he is the completeness of every prophetic picture and promise, cried out with a loud voice, 'If anyone is thirsty, let him come and stand [1]face to face with me and drink! (John again employs the word [1]pros in order to emphasize the face-to-face fellowship we are invited into.) In your realizing that I am what the Scriptures are all about, [1]you will discover uniquely for yourself, face to face with me, that I am what you are all about and rivers of living waters will gush out of your innermost being!' (Jesus addresses the individual; [1]you singular. here John records how Jesus witnessed the eighth day, the great and final day of the Feast of Tabernacles, when, according to Jewish custom, the High Priest would draw water from the Pool of Siloam with a golden jar, mix the water with wine (blood), and then pour it over the altar while the people would sing with great joy from Psalm 118: 25-26, look at the entire Psalm 118 which was obviously what Jesus reminded himself of and also Isaiah 12:3; "Therefore with joy shall we draw water from the wells of salvation!" Then, Jesus, knowing that he is the completeness of every prophetic picture and promise, cried out with a loud voice: 'If anyone is thirsty, let him come to me and drink! If you believe that I am what the Scriptures are all about, you will discover that you are what I am all about, and rivers of living waters will gush from your innermost being1'" The Siloam tunnel is a winding tunnel carved into the rock, leading from the spring of Gihon to the Pool of Siloam. This dating from the time of Hezekiah [800BC] or earlier, it was an aqueduct that effectively replaced the Middle Bronze age channel. Gihon derives from the Hebrew Giha which means "gushing forth"!
When Jesus spoke of the water gushing forth out of our innermost being, he says that you are the city! You are the bride! GOD's redeemed society! Revelation 21:2 And I saw her, in spotless magnificence, the holy city, the new Jerusalem, descending out of the heavens; having been fully prepared as a bride and beautifully adorned for her husband. (In total contrast to the symbolic religious Prostitute city of Babylon.)) Jesus spoke about the Spirit whom those who would believe that he is the conclusion of Scripture were about to [1]grasp since who Jesus was in all of his majestic splendor was not yet fully acknowledged and thus the Spirit was not yet evident. (The word often translated, to receive, [1]lambano, means to comprehend, grasp, to identify with. Note, Holy Spirit is an outpouring not an in-pouring!)

The LORD willing our next area will pick up with the least portion of chapter 7 before looking at the adulterous woman of chapter 8.

No comments:

Post a Comment