Sunday, February 2, 2020

"The Secret of GOD," as revealed by John in the Revelation of Christ, chapter 10:8, with a renewed mind and our victory as foretold.

We are about to find out what is in the small book, which contains the secret things of GOD Deuteronomy 29:29 and those that Jesus called a mystery when speaking to His disciples in Mark 4:11. The redeemed of the LORD know these things as they are that which Jesus is building His family, the church on and these are our conversation of the word incarnate within us.


Revelation 10:8-11 "And the voice which I heard from heaven spake unto me again, and said, "Go and take the little book which is open in the hand of the angel which standeth upon the sea and upon the earth." And I went unto the angel, and said unto him, "Give me the little book." And he said unto me, "Take it, and eat it up; and it shall make thy belly bitter, but it shall be in thy mouth sweet as honey." And I took the little book out of the angel's hand, and ate it up; and it was in my mouth sweet as honey: and as soon as I had eaten it, my belly was bitter. And he said unto me, "Thou must prophesy again before many peoples, and nations, and tongues, and kings." (KJV)

Revelation 10:8-11 "Then the voice that I had heard from heaven spoke to me again, saying, "Go, take the scroll that is open in the hand of the angel who is standing on the sea and on the land." So I went to the angel and told him to give me the little scroll. And he said to me, "Take and eat it; it will make your stomach bitter, but in your mouth it will be sweet as honey." And I took the little scroll from the hand of the angel and ate it. It was sweet as honey in my mouth, but when I had eaten it my stomach was made bitter. And I was told, "You must again prophesy about many peoples and nations and languages and kings." (ESV)

Revelation 10:8-11 "And again I heard the voice addressing me out of heaven, telling me to go and take the little book that [1] was opened. (This is of the narrative of Ezekiel, 2:9-10, and 3:1-3. The little book - the broken morsel of bread - condensed into bite-size-the entire prophetic relevance of Scripture is fulfilled in this one man and this one act of righteousness! Jesus Christ and Him crucified and raised! The word, [1] eneogmenon, is the Perfect Passive Participle of (G455 from G303 from G303 and οἴγω oigō (to open) anoigo, is from (G303) ana, upwards and oigo to open; thus having been opened. Its effect is constant.) I went and faced the Messenger and asked him to hand me the little book; He instructed me to take it and devour it entirely. It would be bitter in the belly but sweet as honey in the mouth. (Just like Jona was 3 days and 3 nights in the belly of the whale, so the son of man....!

The word, kataphage, is in the Aorist Imperative [get it over and done with immediately] of the verb katesthio, to devour entirely. This reminds us of Exodus 12:8, That same night they are to eat the meat roasted over the fire, along with bitter herbs, and bread made without yeast. They were to eat the whole lamb.) So I took the little book out of the Shepherd-Messenger's hand and ate it up and devoured it entirely and it was indeed sweet in my mouth and became bitter in my belly. (The eating of the word celebrates the incarnation that takes place within the redeemed of the LORD.) And he said to me, "Necessity is laid upon you to now disclose with new insight the prophetic word again - this prophecy's time has come and is now relevant. You will declare it before many peoples and different nations and their kings in their specific mother-tongue language." (This list of peoples occurs seven times in Revelation - Rev. 5:9.) (The Mirror, with editing.)

In our next visit I will add the notes on this chapter titled, "The Solemn Oath." So until then may the LORD as always open to us His revelation as asked of us in Matthew 11:29.

No comments:

Post a Comment