Thursday, November 20, 2014

Colossians Study Outline

In Christ Jesus is held the Godhead, for He is the Visible Manifeastion of the Invisible God in wisdom.



Colossians 2:23

"Which things have indeed a shew of wisdom in will worship, (remember, this is all in the flesh which is “will” mindset worship and is dealing with the commandments and doctrines of man ) and humility, (when they try to show humility in the flesh, what kind of humility is it? It’s a false humility. It’s the kind of humility that people will say, "I’m proud of the fact that I’m humble!" Isn’t that right? That’s the flesh. The flesh can say, "I’m proud that I’m so humble."*) and neglecting of the body; not in any honour to the satisfying of the flesh."
To bring that around to where we can understand it, what Paul is really saying is, "These kind of people do all of this to satisfy the flesh," but they don’t bring any glory to God by doing it because they are always going to come back and say what? "Look what I’ve done. Look what I’ve accomplished." And listen, none of us can ever say that. We can’t say it. You can’t say it and I can not say it. Because if we have accomplished something, it is still not us. It’s God working in and then through us. But what did Jesus have to say about this matter? For the answer we need to look to Luke in chapter 20 where we find this statement in verses 39-47: “Then certain of the scribes answering said, Master, You have well said. And after that they dared not ask Him any other questions at all. Jesus said to them, How say they that Christ is David's son? When David himself said in the book of Psalms, The LORD said to my Lord, Sit on my right hand, till I make your enemies your footstool. David therefore called Him Lord, how is He then his son? Then in the audience of all the people He stated to His disciples, Beware of the scribes, which desire to walk in long robes, and love greetings in the markets, and the highest seats in the synagogues, and the chief rooms at feasts; Which devour widows' houses, and for a show make long prayers: the same shall receive greater damnation.” Who are the hypocrates and heritics among the people here, the Religious leaders is our answer.
 
I’ve said so often, this is just an informal study, we’re not tied to any group, or religious order and all I try to do is get people from whatever background, to simply seek and search the Scriptures to see what they say is true for themselves. In the next chapter we will find that we are all to be renewed in and through our acquiring knowledge. But not the every day knowledge as acquired in school but rather of Who we are to know and trust in Loves receptivity.
 
 
 
Colossians 3:1a
"If ye then be risen with Christ,…"
What’s the if for? If you’re a true believer! If you’re not a believer then none of these things will apply. This will all seem worthless and meaningless to you. For they will remain veiled, unbelievable and indiscernible to you. This is only for true believers, not a professor only, but a true believer, one who has had a change of mind. In whom the God perspective now rules and His law is now supreme. For there are many who profess but few who have chosen to receive. And this is the key to Matthew chapters 20:16 and 22:14 respectively. So that’s why the little prepositional "if" is there. Lets just pop up these two passages:
 
 
Matthew 20:16, 22:14
So the last shall be first, and the first last: for many be called, but few chosen.....For many are called, but few are chosen.”
We did this because these passages have been miss quoted and miss used because these two tie with Romans chapter 9 verse 13:


 
Romans 9:13

As it is written, Jacob have I loved, but Esau have I hated.”
And Malachi chapter 1 and verses 2 and 3 state this:



Malachi 1:2-3

I have loved you, saith the LORD. Yet ye say, Wherein hast thou loved us? Was not Esau Jacob's brother? saith the LORD: yet I loved Jacob, And I hated Esau, and laid his mountains and his heritage waste for the dragons of the wilderness.”
And all these relate to:

 
Matthew10:37

He that loveth father or mother more than me (when all things are compared to Christ they pale in the Light of Him and His Love) is not worthy of me: and he that loveth son or daughter more than me is not worthy of me.”
And Luke chapter
14 verse 26 and then John chapter 12 verse 25:



Luke 14:26-27

If any man come to me, and hate not his father, and mother, and wife, and children, and brethren, and sisters, yea, and his own life also, he cannot be my disciple. And whosoever doth not bear his cross, and come after me, cannot be my disciple.”



John 12:25-26

He that loveth his life shall lose it; and he that hateth his life in this world shall keep it unto life eternal. If any man serve me, let him follow me; and where I am, there shall also my servant be: if any man serve me, him will Father honour.”
Do you see the picture He has painted? Christ is greater, He alone is of more intrinsic value then all the world or self has to offer. Why? Because He is the manifeastion of the invisible Godhead, in other words He is GOD. Always has been and will always be the “A” of the Alpha and Omega, the “First” of the first and the last. The First reborn son, re-birthed from the dead in mans flesh.










No comments:

Post a Comment