Wednesday, January 17, 2018

The Secret and Mysteries of GOD revisited, part 14.3 divine inspiration cont'ued 3.2

GOD in His wisdom has given of His sons spirit the Spirit of Christ to those He has made worthy by His and His only doing. For this requires His faith and grace to operate within the receptive ones. Receptive because no man by his own means can acquire or duplicate what GOD alone can do. By His power within us our witness words change from being condemned to being actively alive by His authority by an in us. In the last blog we began a look at GOD's promise of inspiration to this I want to add some examples of this pattern before looking at "Spirit Teacher," this being the Holy Spirit. He being the anointing or Messiah and Christ received as ours as a sealing unto GOD. These things are hidden from preying eyes of unbelief of the unredeemed an unknowing ones.


Divine Inspiration, Revealed to us by examples:

The  Seventy Elders,

Number 11:25 of 23, 24-25 "The LORD said to Moses, 'Is the LORD's hand shortened? Now you will see whether My word will come true for you or not.'
So Moses went out and told the people the words of the LORD. And he gathered seventy men of the elders of the people and placed them around the tent.  Then the LORD came down in the cloud and spoke to him, and took some of the Spirit that was on him and put it on the seventy elders. And as soon as the Spirit rested on them, they prophesied. But they did not continue doing it."

Balaam,

Numbers 23:5 of 3-4, 5-10 with verse 12 of 11-12 "Balaam said to Balak, "Stand beside your burnt offering, and I will go. Perhaps the LORD will come to meet me, and whatever He shows me I will tell you." And he went to a bare height, and God met Balaam. And Balaam said to him, "I have arranged the seven altars and I have offered on each altar a bull and a ram."
To this the LORD put a word in Balaam's mouth and said, 'Return to Balak, and thus you will speak.' So he returned to him, and behold, he and all the princes of Moab were standing beside his burnt offering. And Balaam took up his discourse (parable) and said, "From Aram Balak has brought me, the king of Moab from the eastern mountains: "Come, curse Jacob for me, and come, denounce Israel!" How can I curse whom God has not cursed? How can I denounce whom the LORD has not denounced? For from the top of the crags I see him, from the hills I behold him; behold, a people dwelling alone, and not counting itself among the nations! Who can count the dust of Jacob or number the fourth part of Israel? Let me die the death of the upright, and let my end be like his!..Balak said to Balaam, "What have you done to me? I took you to curse my enemies, and behold, you have done nothing but bless them." And he answered and said, "Must I not take care to speak what the LORD puts in my mouth?"


David,

2Samuel 23:2 of 1-7 "Now these are the last words of David: The oracle of David, the son of Jesse, the oracle of the man who was raised on high, the anointed of the GOD of Jacob, the sweet psalmist of Israel: "The Spirit of the LORD speaks by me; His word is on my tongue. The God of Israel has spoken; the Rock of Israel has said to me: 'When one rules justly over men, ruling in the fear of God, he dawns on them like the morning light, like the sun shining forth on a cloudless morning, like rain that makes grass to sprout from the earth.' "For does not my house stand so with God? For HE has made with me an everlasting covenant, ordered in all things and secure. For will HE not cause to prosper all my help and my desire? But worthless men are all like thorns that are thrown away, for they cannot be taken with the hand; but the man who touches them arms himself with iron and the shaft of a spear, and they are utterly consumed with fire."


Micaiah,

1Kings 22:14 of 12, 13-14 with 2Chronicles 20:14 "All the prophets prophesied so and said, "Go up to Ramoth-gilead and triumph; the LORD will give it into the hand of the king."
A the messenger went to summon Micaiah said to him, "Behold, the words of the prophets with one accord are favorable to the king. Let your word be like the word of one of them, and speak favorably." But Micaiah said, "As the LORD lives, what the LORD says to me, that I will speak."

2Chronicles 20:14 of 12, 13-14 "O our God, will You not execute judgment on them? For we are powerless against this great horde that is coming against us. We do not know what to do, but our eyes are on You."
Meanwhile all Judah stood before the LORD, with their little ones, their wives, and their children. And the Spirit of the LORD came upon Jahaziel the son of Zechariah, son of Benaiah, son of Jeiel, son of Mattaniah, a Levite of the sons of Asaph, in the midst of the assembly. And he said, "Listen, all Judah and inhabitants of Jerusalem and King Jehoshaphat: Thus says the LORD to you, 'Do not be afraid and do not be dismayed at this great horde, for the battle is not yours but GOD's. Tomorrow go down against them. Behold, they will come up by the ascent of Ziz. You will find them at the end of the valley, east of the wilderness of Jeruel. You will not need to fight in this battle. Stand firm, hold your position, and see the salvation of the LORD on your behalf, O Judah and Jerusalem.' "Do not be afraid and do not be dismayed. Tomorrow go out against them, and the LORD will be with you."


Zechariah,

2Chronicles 24:20 of 17-19, 20-22 "After the death of Jehoiada the princes of Judah came and paid homage to the king. Then the king listened to them. And they abandoned the house of the LORD, the God of their fathers, and served the Asherim (wooden idols of female deities) and the idols. And wrath came upon Judah and Jerusalem for this guilt of theirs. Yet he sent prophets among them to bring them back to the LORD. These testified against them, but they would not pay attention.
Then the Spirit of God clothed Zechariah the son of Jehoiada the priest, and he stood above the people, and said to them, "Thus says GOD, 'Why do you break the commandments of the LORD, so that you cannot prosper? Because you have forsaken the LORD, HE has forsaken you.'" But they conspired against him, and by command of the king they stoned him with stones in the court of the house of the LORD. Thus Joash the king did not remember the kindness that Jehoiada, Zechariah's father, had shown him, but killed his son. And when he was dying, he said, "May the LORD see and avenge!"


Jeremiah,

Jeremiah 1:9-10 of 1-12 with 20:9 "The words of Jeremiah, the son of Hilkiah, one of the priests who were in Anathoth in the land of Benjamin, to whom the word of the LORD came in the days of Josiah the son of Amon, king of Judah, in the thirteenth year of his reign. It came also in the days of Jehoiakim the son of Josiah, king of Judah, and until the end of the eleventh year of Zedekiah, the son of Josiah, king of Judah, until the captivity of Jerusalem in the fifth month. Now the word of the LORD came to me, saying, 'Before I formed you in the womb I knew you, and before you were born I consecrated you; I appointed you a prophet to the nations.' Then I said, "Ah, Lord GOD! Behold, I do not know how to speak, for I am only a youth." But the LORD said to me, 'Do not say, "I am only a youth"; for to all to whom I send you, you will go, and whatever I command you, you shall speak. Do not be afraid of them, for I am with you to deliver you, declares the LORD.' Then the LORD put out His hand and touched my mouth. And the LORD said to me, 'Behold, I have put My words in your mouth. See, I have set you this day over nations and over kingdoms, to pluck up and to break down, to destroy and to overthrow, to build and to plant.' And the word of the LORD came to me, saying, 'Jeremiah, what do you see?'  And I said, "I see an almond branch." Then the LORD said to me, 'You have seen well, for I am watching over My word to perform it.'"

Jeremiah 20:9 of 7-13 "O LORD, you have deceived me, and I was deceived; you are stronger than I, and you have prevailed. I have become a laughingstock all the day; everyone mocks me. For whenever I speak, I cry out, I shout, "Violence and destruction!" For the word of the LORD has become for me a reproach and derision all day long. If I say, "I will not mention Him, or speak any more in His name," there is in my heart as it were a burning fire shut up in my bones, and I am weary with holding it in, and I cannot. For I hear many whispering. Terror is on every side! "Denounce him! Let us denounce him!" say all my close friends, watching for my fall. "Perhaps he will be deceived; then we can overcome him and take our revenge on him." But the LORD is with me as a dread warrior; therefore my persecutors will stumble; they will not overcome me. They will be greatly shamed, for they will not succeed. Their eternal dishonor will never be forgotten. O LORD of hosts, Who tests the righteous, Who sees the heart and the mind, let me see Your vengeance upon them, for to You have I committed my cause. I sing to the LORD; I praise the LORD! For HE has delivered the life of the needy from the hand of evildoers."


Ezekiel,

Ezekiel 3:17 of 12-15, 16-21 with 11:5, Micah 3:8 and Acts 11:28, 21:11 "The Spirit lifted me up, and I heard behind me the voice of a great earthquake: "Blessed be the glory of the LORD from its place!" It was the sound of the wings of the living creatures as they touched one another, and the sound of the wheels beside them, and the sound of a great earthquake. The Spirit lifted me up and took me away, and I went in bitterness in the heat of my spirit, the hand of the LORD being strong upon me. And I came to the exiles at Tel-abib, who were dwelling by the Chebar canal, and I sat where they were dwelling. And I sat there overwhelmed among them seven days.
At the end of seven days, the word of the LORD came to me: 'Son of man, I have made you a watchman for the house of Israel. Whenever you hear a word from My mouth, you will give them warning from Me. If I say to the wicked, 'You will surely die,' and you give him no warning, nor speak to warn the wicked from his wicked ways, in order to save his life, that wicked person will die for his iniquity, but his blood I will require at your hand. But if you warn the wicked, and he does not turn from his wickedness, or from his wicked ways, he will die for his iniquity, but you will have delivered your soul. (Love covers a multitude of sinners and their sins) Again, if a righteous person turns from his righteousness and commits injustice, and I lay a stumbling block before him, he will die. Because you have not warned him, he shall die for his sin, and his righteous deeds that he has done will not be remembered, but his blood I will require at your hand. But if you warn the righteous person not to sin, and he does not sin, he will surely live, because he took warning, and you will have delivered your soul."

Ezekiel 11:5 of 5-12 with Micah 3:8 and Acts 11:28, 21:11 "The Spirit of the LORD was given me, and HE said to me, 'Say, Thus says the LORD: So you think, O house of Israel. For I know the things that come into your mind. You have multiplied your slain in this city and have filled its streets with the slain. Therefore thus says the Lord GOD: Your slain whom you have laid in the midst of it, they are the meat, and this city is the cauldron, but you will be brought out of the midst of it. You have feared the sword, and I will bring the sword upon you, declares the Lord GOD. And I will bring you out of the midst of it, and give you into the hands of foreigners, and execute judgments upon you. You will fall by the sword. I will judge you at the border of Israel, and you will know that I am the LORD. This city will not be your cauldron, nor will you be the meat in the midst of it. I will judge you at the border of Israel, and you will know that I am the LORD. For you have not walked in My statutes, nor obeyed My rules, but have acted according to the rules of the nations that are around you."

Micah 3:8 of 4, 5-12 and Acts 11:28, 21:11 "They will cry to the LORD, but HE will not answer them; HE will hide His face from them at that time, because they have made their deeds evil.
'Thus says the LORD concerning the prophets who lead My people astray, who cry "Peace" when they have something to eat, but declare war against him who puts nothing into their mouths. Therefore it will be night to you, without vision, and darkness to you, without divination. The sun will go down on the prophets, and the day will be black over them; the seers will be disgraced, and the diviners put to shame; they will all cover their lips, for there is no answer from GOD.' But as for me, I am filled with power, with the Spirit of the LORD, and with justice and might, to declare to Jacob his transgression and to Israel his sin. Hear this, you heads of the house of Jacob and rulers of the house of Israel, who detest justice and make crooked all that is straight, who build Zion with blood and Jerusalem with iniquity. Its heads give judgment for a bribe; its priests teach for a price; its prophets practice divination for money; yet they lean on the LORD and say, "Is not the LORD in the midst of us? No disaster shall come upon us." (the curse of Deuteronomy 18:18-2 of 15-22) Therefore because of you Zion will be plowed as a field; Jerusalem will become a heap of ruins, and the mountain of the house a wooded height."

Acts 11:28 of 15-18, 19-26, 27-30 and 21:11 "As Peter began to speak, the Holy Spirit was given them just as on us at the beginning. And I remembered the word of the Lord, how HE said, 'John baptized with water, but you will be baptized with the Holy Spirit.' If then GOD gave the same gift to them as HE gave to us when we believed in the Lord Jesus Christ, who was I that I could stand in GOD's way?"
When they heard these things they fell silent. And they glorified GOD, saying, "Then to the Gentiles also GOD has granted repentance that leads to life."
Now those who were scattered because of the persecution that arose over Stephen traveled as far as Phoenicia and Cyprus and Antioch, speaking the word to no one except Jews. But there were some of them, men of Cyprus and Cyrene, who on coming to Antioch spoke to the Hellenists also, preaching the Lord Jesus. And the hand of the Lord was with them, and a great number who believed turned to the LORD. This report came to the ears of the church in Jerusalem, and they sent Barnabas to Antioch. When he came and saw the grace of GOD, he was glad, and he exhorted them all to remain faithful to the Lord with steadfast purpose, for he was a good man, full of the Holy Spirit and of faith. And a great many people were added to the Lord. So Barnabas went to Tarsus to look for Saul, and when he had found him, he brought him to Antioch. For a whole year they met with the church and taught a great many people. And in Antioch the Lord's disciples were first called "Christians." Now in these days prophets came down from Jerusalem to Antioch. And one of them named Agabus stood up and foretold by the Spirit that there would be a great famine over all the world (this took place in the days of Claudius). So the disciples determined, every one according to his ability, to send relief to the brothers living in Judea. And they did so, sending it to the elders by the hand of Barnabas and Saul."

Acts 21:11 of 1-14 "When we had parted from them and set sail, we came by a straight course to Cos, and the next day to Rhodes, and from there to Patara. And having found a ship crossing to Phoenicia, we went aboard and set sail. When we had come in sight of Cyprus, leaving it on the left we sailed to Syria and landed at Tyre, for there the ship was to unload its cargo. And having sought out the Lord's disciples, we stayed there for seven days. And through the Spirit they were telling Paul not to go on to Jerusalem. When our days there were ended, we departed and went on our journey, and they all, with wives and children, accompanied us until we were outside the city. And kneeling down on the beach, we prayed and said farewell to one another. Then we went on board the ship, and they returned home. When we had finished the voyage from Tyre, we arrived at Ptolemais, and we greeted the Lord's brothers they being His disciples and stayed with them for one day. On the next day we departed and came to Caesarea, and we entered the house of Philip the evangelist, who was one of the seven, and stayed with him. He had four unmarried daughters, who prophesied. While we were staying for many days, a prophet named Agabus came down from Judea. And coming to us, he took Paul's belt and bound his own feet and hands and said, "Thus says the Holy Spirit, 'This is how the Jews at Jerusalem will bind the man who owns this belt and deliver him into the hands of the Gentiles.'" When we heard this, we and the people there urged Paul not to go up to Jerusalem. To this Paul answered us, "What are you doing, weeping and breaking my heart? For I am ready not only to be imprisoned but even to die in Jerusalem for the name of the Lord Jesus." And since he would not be persuaded, we ceased and said, "Let the will of the LORD God be done."

No comments:

Post a Comment