Sunday, January 20, 2019

The saga of "The Secret of GOD", taken from Romans 1.1, the renewed mind and our victory as foretold.

We are in Romans chapter 1 and continuing on from verse 8 through 15 with the faith gift of GOD given to those of Paul's revelation receiving, that is to say the Christ within, mans true identity in his humanity. This said lets see what we can learn from what is revealed by GOD through Paul before we get into How GOD sees those of the fallen Adam nature, immoral man.


Romans 1:8-15 "First, I thank my God through Jesus Christ for you all, that your faith is spoken of throughout the whole world (G2889). For God is my witness, whom I serve with my spirit in the gospel of his Son, that without ceasing I make mention of you always in my prayers; Making request (G1189), if by any means now at length I might have a prosperous journey by the will of God to come unto you. For I long to see you, that I may impart (G3330) unto you some spiritual gift, to the end ye may be established; That is, that I may be comforted together (G4837) with you by the mutual faith both of you and me. Now I would not have you ignorant, brethren, that oftentimes I purposed to come unto you, (but was let hitherto,) that I might have some fruit among you also, even as among other Gentiles. I am debtor (G3781) both to the Greeks, and to the Barbarians (G915); both to the wise, and to the unwise. So, as much as in me is, I am ready to preach the gospel to you that are at Rome also." (KJV)


Romans 1:8-15 "First, I thank my God through Jesus Christ for all of you, because your faith is proclaimed in all the world (G2889). For God is my witness, whom I serve with my spirit in the gospel of his Son, that without ceasing I mention (G1189) you always in my prayers, asking that somehow by God's will I may now at last succeed in coming to you. For I long to see you, that I may impart (G3330) to you some spiritual gift to strengthen you— that is, that we may be mutually encouraged (G4837) by each other's faith, both yours and mine. I do not want you to be unaware, brothers, that I have often intended to come to you (but thus far have been prevented), in order that I may reap some harvest among you as well as among the rest of the Gentiles. I am under obligation (G3781) both to Greeks and to Barbarians (G915), both to the wise and to the foolish. So I am eager to preach the gospel to you also who are in Rome." (ESV)

Romans 1:8-15 "My greatest joy is to realize that your faith is announced throughout the entire world. The total [1; G2889)] cosmos is our audience. (The word, [1] kosmos in the NT refers to the entire human family, this includes those who are hostile to GOD and are obstacles to the gospel.) I am completely engaged in my spirit in the gospel of GOD's Son; constantly including you in my prayers; GOD is my witness. Since I already feel so [1; G1189] connected to you I long to also see you face to face. ([1] To beseech, deomai, is from deo to tie together, to be knitted together.) I really look forward to finally meet you in person, knowing that my spiritual [1; G3330] gift will benefit you greatly; it will cement and establish you in your faith. (The word, [1; G3330] metadidomi, translates as the kind of giving where the giver is not distanced from the gift but wrapped up in it! The Apostles, Prophets, preachers, pastors, and teachers are gifts to the Ekklesia to establish them in their faith and to present everyone in the full and mature stature of Christ [Ephesians 4:11-16]. There is such a vast difference between a gift and a reward! We are GOD's gifts to one another. What GOD now has in us is gift wrapped to the world. What we are in our individual expression is a gift and not a reward for personal diligence or achievement. These gifts were never meant to establish one above the other, or to become mere formal titles, but rather to identify specific and dynamic functions with one defined purpose, to bring everyone into the realization of the fullness of the measure of Christ within us all!) And so we will be mutually refreshed in the [1; G4837] participation and reflection of our common faith. (The word, [1; G4837 from G4862 with G3870] sumparakaleo, comes from sum, together with; para, is a preposition indicating close proximity, a thing proceeding from a sphere of influence, with a suggestion of union of place of residence, to have sprung from its author and giver, originating from, denoting the point from which an action originates, intimate connection, and kaleo, meaning to identify by name, to surname.) Until now I have been prevented from coming to you, even though I have frequently desired to reap some harvest in you as much as I anticipate the full fruit of this gospel in all the nations. I am so convinced of everyone's inclusion; I am [2; G3781] indebted both to the Greeks as well as those many [1; G915] foreigners whose languages we do not even understand. I owe this message to everyone, it is not a matter of how literate and educated people are; the illiterate are equally included in the benefit of the Good News. (The word, [1; G915] barbaros, means one who speaks a strange and foreign language; [2; G3781 from G3748 and G3786] opheiletes, means to be indebted, obliges one to return something to someone that belongs to them in the first place.) Because of this compelling urgency I am so keen to preach to you Romans also." (The Mirror)


From here we will move on, the LORD willing to verses 16-17 and then 18-23 next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment