Friday, May 10, 2019

The saga of "The Secret of GOD", as shown in 1Corinthians 16:1; the renewed mind and our victory as foretold.

Paul, is winding down his first of two letters in answer to questions and deep seated problems among the Corinthian Saints, of his day. Many of which were freshmen, having passed the sophomore stage, Saints at best. So here in chapter 16, Paul begins with a lesson of tithing as one promises, this he will be repeating later on in his second letter with sternness. And a more informative explanation of his message of GOD's gospel. As the Jews back in Jerusalem are in desperate straights of financial support, just as we see today. Then he interrupts his message to include his travel plans and other thoughts.


1Corinthians 16:1-4 "Now concerning the collection for the saints, as I have given order to the churches of Galatia, even so do ye. Upon the first day of the week let every one of you lay by him in store, as God hath prospered him, that there be no gatherings when I come. And when I come, whomsoever ye shall approve by your letters, them will I send to bring your liberality unto Jerusalem. And if it be meet that I go also, they shall go with me." (KJV)

1Corinthians 16:1-4 "Now concerning the collection for the saints: as I directed the churches of Galatia, so you also are to do. On the first day of every week, each of you is to put something aside and store it up, as he may prosper, so that there will be no collecting when I come. And when I arrive, I will send those whom you accredit by letter to carry your gift to Jerusalem. If it seems advisable that I should go also, they will accompany me." (ESV)

1Corinthians 16:1-4 "With regards to your financial contributions to the Saints, I have the following arrangement with all the churches in Galatia: I encourage you to prepare your individual gifts in advance on a [1]week-by-week basis to whatever extent each one has prospered. This should be kept in a treasury; this way there will be no delays or distractions regarding money matters when I visit you.

(Romans 15:25-27, "I am on my way to Jerusalem to encourage the Saints. The believers in Greece, all the way from Macedonia as well as those in Achaia have prepared a gift with great delight to bring relief to their Jewish Friends and sisters in Jerusalem who are struggling financially. They feel indebted to them since they share freely in their spiritual wealth.

In Geek, "[1]On one of the Sabbaths." The Jews, however, used the word Sabbath to denote the week; the period of seven days [look at Matthew 28:1, Mark 16:9, Luke 18:12, 24:1, John 20:1, and 20:19; compared with Leviticus 23:15 and Deuteronomy 16:9.] Christians celebrate the first day of the week rather than the seventh in order to celebrate the resurrection of Jesus as the new beginning of every week.)

Upon my arrival I will endorse by letter those whom you delegate to take your grace gifts to Jerusalem. Should there be any merit in my joining them, then they can travel with me." (The Mirror)

I has thoughts of skipping chapter 16 all together but then i learned yet another secret and so here we are. Now in the next post, the LORD willing we shall continue on. Until then may the LORD in his richness bless you and yours with a promise. The little word "promise" is the key for our spiritual wealth and health, as the "word," that so many get hung up on or should I say get hung by.

No comments:

Post a Comment