Friday, May 3, 2019

The saga of "The Secret of GOD", as shown in 1Corinthians 15:1; the renewed mind and our victory as foretold.

Now Paul reaches the pinnacle of his gospel message the mystery of the resurrection and the power of GOD released within it on humanity's behalf. Oh! the wonder and splendor of this one event in humanity's existence, for it corrected the wrong of the first of many offenses. And for those who find their way to the revelation of this will never live in the old same fashion they did in their beginning. This is just a little taste of what chapter 15 and how it fights with the LORD's Prayer of John 17, and the rest of Paul's revelation of Christ, his gospel message is all about. Paul comes clean, if you will. For there is but one way back home and that is to restoration of our fellowship with our Creator and Father, the LORD of all!


1Corinthians 15:1-2, 3-11 "Moreover, brethren, I declare unto you the gospel which I preached unto you, which also ye have received, and wherein ye stand; By which also ye are saved, if ye keep in memory what I preached unto you, unless ye have believed in vain.
For I delivered unto you first of all that which I also received, how that Christ died for our sins according to the scriptures; And that he was buried, and that he rose again the third day according to the scriptures: And that he was seen of Cephas, then of the twelve: After that, he was seen of above five hundred brethren at once; of whom the greater part remain unto this present, but some are fallen asleep. After that, he was seen of James; then of all the apostles. And last of all he was seen of me also, as of one born out of due time(G1626). For I am the least of the apostles, that am not meet to be called an apostle, because I persecuted the church of God. But by the grace of God I am what I am: and his grace which was bestowed upon me was not in vain; but I laboured more abundantly than they all: yet not I, but the grace of God which was with me. Therefore whether it were I or they, so we preach, and so ye believed." (KJV)

 1Corinthians 15:1-2, 3-11 "Now I would remind you, brothers, of the gospel I preached to you, which you received, in which you stand, and by which you are being saved, if you hold fast to the word I preached to you—unless you believed in vain.
For I delivered to you as of first importance what I also received: that Christ died for our sins in accordance with the Scriptures, that he was buried, that he was raised on the third day in accordance with the Scriptures, and that he appeared to Cephas, then to the twelve. Then he appeared to more than five hundred brothers at one time, most of whom are still alive, though some have fallen asleep. Then he appeared to James, then to all the apostles. Last of all, as to one untimely(G1626) born, he appeared also to me. For I am the least of the apostles, unworthy to be called an apostle, because I persecuted the church of God. But by the grace of God I am what I am, and his grace toward me was not in vain. On the contrary, I worked harder than any of them, though it was not I, but the grace of God that is with me. Whether then it was I or they, so we preach and so you believed." (ESV)

1Corinthians 15:1-2, 3-11 "Friends and sisters, herewith a summary of the Good News that I endorse; I announced to you with glad confidence how greatly advantaged you are in Christ; you immediately associated yourselves with this message in which you are now firmly established. In this gospel [ground] you realize your salvation; the words I spoke echoed in your hearts; I now desire to reinforce your faith in order to erase any possible grounds for doubt.
I fully included you in this message I embrace with my whole being. Of first importance is this truth of fact that the death that Jesus (our very humanity) died for our sins was in exact fulfillment of the promise recorded in Scripture. [in Isaiah 53:4-5, Psalm 22]  Also his burial and third day resurrection [our third days resurrection of Hosea 6:2] were actually foretold. Then there are the many eyewitnesses; Kefas, as well as all the other disciples who saw his after his resurrection (recorded by Matthew in 27:51-54). He then appeared to more than five hundred followers of whom most are still alive at this time of my writing. After that he was seen by James ( Jesus' half brother; Galatians 1:19), then again by all the Apostles (at the Mount of Olives), and finally he also appeared to me; certainly not as a reward for my spirituality or good behavior! It was like an unexpected traumatic birth. (The word, (G1626 a compound word of G1537 ek, denoting origin, and troma) ektroma, means out of trauma.) Because i persecuted the church of GOD, I cannot even begin to rate myself along with the Apostles. I am the least of the least and unworthy to even be called an apostle (a delegate, ambassador, messenger, G652). While my own doing completely disqualified me; his doing now defines me. I am what I am by the grace of GOD. I am because he is! His grace was not wasted on me; instead I am inspired to labor beyond the point of exhaustion, more than anything I ever did under the Law of performance; whatever it is I accomplish now has grace written all over it. I take no credit for it. Whether you came to faith through my preaching or someone else's is not important." (The Mirror)

Paul's claim is my own claim for we both have the same experience. until next time, the LORD willing, when we shall continue from here. May the LORD of Grace increase within you and yours his faith.

No comments:

Post a Comment