Sunday, May 19, 2019

The saga of "The Secret of GOD", as shown in 2Corinthians 2:1; the renewed mind and our victory as foretold.

We are on our way to the pot of gold, the new covenant area, but first we have to reaffirm the love of all peoples and the forgiveness due all who are labeled sinners, outsiders. The unknowing or uninitiated or unaccepted. This love being the very nature of GOD as all are his, made by him of his image and likeness, though many remain in darkness of this fact of truth, either by choice or because they have accepted the lie of separation, fostered in the deception of Genesis 3:5 of 1-7. Okay, let us move on to chapter 2.


2Corinthians 2:1-4, 5-11 "But I determined this with myself, that I would not come again to you in heaviness. For if I make you sorry, who is he then that maketh me glad, but the same which is made sorry by me? And I wrote this same unto you, lest, when I came, I should have sorrow from them of whom I ought to rejoice; having confidence in you all, that my joy is the joy of you all. For out of much affliction and anguish of heart I wrote unto you with many tears; not that ye should be grieved, but that ye might know the love which I have more abundantly unto you.
But if any have caused grief, he hath not grieved me, but in part: that I may not overcharge you all. Sufficient to such a man is this punishment, which was inflicted of many. So that contrariwise ye ought rather to forgive him, and comfort him, lest perhaps such a one should be swallowed up with overmuch sorrow. Wherefore I beseech you that ye would confirm(G2964) your love toward him. For to this end also did I write, that I might know the proof of you, whether ye be obedient in all things. To whom ye forgive any thing, I forgive also: for if I forgave any thing, to whom I forgave it, for your sakes forgave I it in the person of Christ; Lest Satan(G4567) should get an advantage of us: for we are not ignorant of his devices(G3540)." (KJV)

2Corinthians 2:1-4, 5-11 "For I made up my mind not to make another painful visit to you. For if I cause you pain, who is there to make me glad but the one whom I have pained? And I wrote as I did, so that when I came I might not suffer pain from those who should have made me rejoice, for I felt sure of all of you, that my joy would be the joy of you all. For I wrote to you out of much affliction and anguish of heart and with many tears, not to cause you pain but to let you know the abundant love that I have for you.
Now if anyone has caused pain, he has caused it not to me, but in some measure—not to put it too severely—to all of you. For such a one, this punishment by the majority is enough, so you should rather turn to forgive and comfort him, or he may be overwhelmed by excessive sorrow. So I beg you to reaffirm(G2964) your love for him. For this is why I wrote, that I might test you and know whether you are obedient in everything. Anyone whom you forgive, I also forgive. Indeed, what I have forgiven, if I have forgiven anything, has been for your sake in the presence of Christ, so that we would not be outwitted by Satan(G4567); for we are not ignorant of his designs(G3540)." (ESV)

2Corinthians 2:1-4, 5-11 "I came to the following conclusion that paying you another visit (on my return trip) would be of no advantage to you! My visit would only put you in an awkward position; since you knew that you caused me grief, you would feel under obligation to cheer me up! I wrote to you instead; not risking the embarrassment of facing you and then having to deal with sorrow when I really desired from you was joy! I am convinced that my joy is also your joy! There was nothing blase' about my writing. I was in tears with painful distress and deep-felt anguish, certainly not to upset you but that you would know the intensity of my love for you.
I am not exaggerating the issue by saying that the man whose behavior caused such alarm in  me did not merely grieve me but in a sense everyone of you. This person has been amply taxed by all. It is due time now to offer him your forgiveness and closeness lest he be completely swamped with regret. I implore you to make your love for him [1,G2964]very clear. (The word, [1,G2964] kuroo, translates as officially; publicly confirm your love for him.) The intent and urgency of my first letter was to prove your loyalty to my ministry and message in its full context. I am joined to you (geographic distance does not separate us); your forgiveness is my forgiveness. The favor reflected in the face of Christ is our only valid reference to true forgiveness anyway. The [2,G3540]agenda of any [1,G4567]accusation is to divide and dominate. We are not ignorant about that. (The word, [1,G4567] satanas, means accuser and [2,G3540, from G3539 from G3563 from the base of G1097, meaning shown at left] nous refers to mind or strategy, agenda, schemes.) (The Mirror)

Until next time the LORD willing, when we shall close this chapter. May the LORD richly bless, speak wellness into your household.

No comments:

Post a Comment