Monday, May 20, 2019

The saga of "The Secret of GOD", as shown in 2Corinthians 2:12; with a renewed mind and our victory as foretold.

What a wonder our LORD is when we are used by him as his witnesses to others yet again. I am still reeling from being allowed to be his mouth piece, what a wonderful high, what a joy. Moving on to our subject of interest being with verse 12 through the end of this chapter.


2Corinthians 2:12-13, 14-17 "Furthermore, when I came to Troas to preach Christ's gospel, and a door was opened unto me of the Lord, I had no rest in my spirit, because I found not Titus my brother: but taking my leave of them, I went from thence into Macedonia.

Now thanks be unto God, which always causeth us to triumph in Christ, and maketh manifest the savour of his knowledge by us in every place. For we are unto God a sweet savour of Christ, in them that are saved, and in them that perish(G622): To the one we are the savour of death unto death; and to the other the savour of life unto life. And who is sufficient for these things? For we are not as many, which corrupt(G2585) the word of God: but as of sincerity, but as of God, in the sight of God speak we in Christ." (KJV)

2Corinthians 2:12-13, 14-17 "When I came to Troas to preach the gospel of Christ, even though a door was opened for me in the Lord, my spirit was not at rest because I did not find my brother Titus there. So I took leave of them and went on to Macedonia.

But thanks be to God, who in Christ always leads us in triumphal procession, and through us spreads the fragrance of the knowledge of him everywhere. For we are the aroma of Christ to God among those who are being saved and among those who are perishing(G622), to one a fragrance from death to death, to the other a fragrance from life to life. Who is sufficient for these things? For we are not, like so many, peddlers(G2585) of God's word, but as men of sincerity, as commissioned by God, in the sight of God we speak in Christ." (ESV)

2Corinthians 2:12-13, 14-17 "So instead of coming to you I went to Troas where again a great ministry opportunity in the GOOD NEWS of Christ was opened for me in the LORD. (There is not a place on this planet that is not an open door for this gospel!) I expected to find Titus in Troas and was hoping to hear from him refreshing news concerning you. I felt so urgent to meet with Titus that I took leave from Troas and hastened on to look for him in Macedonia. (Look at 2Corinthians 7:4-8)

I am overwhelmed with gratitude! Wherever my travels take me I am so aware that GOD leads us as trophies in his victory parade. What he knows to be true about us diffuses through us like a perfume of sweet aroma everywhere we go, celebrating the success of the cross. (In ancient triumphs, abundance of perfumes and wreaths of sweet smelling flowers were used in victory celebrations, in great abundances.) We are a sweet savor of Christ to GOD evident in everyone we meet. The fragrance of Christ is recognized in all to salvation. The same gospel that announces the fragant victory of Christ declares the odor of death; the [1,G622]defeat of destruction in everyone! ( This parade of victory is a public announcement of the defeat of the religious systems and structures based on the Law of works. Just like it is in any public game where the victory celebration of the winning team is an embarrassment for the losing team. The death of evil is our announcement in the resurrection life! The word, [1,G622 from G575 and the base of G3639] apollumi, is derived from (G575) apo, away from, and (the base of G3639 is) lou, to loosen, to undo, to dissolve (G3639 or G2647, to destroy). (Look to 1John 3:8. ) The message we communicate is a fragrance with an immediate association; to darkness, it is the smell of doom (the death of death); to life it is the familiar fragrance of life itself. We are not competing with those who have added their [1,G2585]price tag to the gospel. Our conversation has its source in Christ; we communicate from the transparent innocence of a face to face encounter with GOD. (The law of personal performance or [1,G2585] kapeleuo, means retail, a huckster, which we translate here as the gospel with a price tag.) (The Mirror)

In our next chapter we begin our table feeding with solid food hope that your ready, real ready. No more breast feeding. Until then may of LORD and GOD increase his faith within you and yours.

No comments:

Post a Comment