Saturday, May 11, 2019

The saga of "The Secret of GOD", as shown in 1Corinthians 16:5; the renewed mind and our victory as foretold.

Now Paul lays out his travel plans. Lets see what lies within them of interest for us, what might we learn? I am itching to get into the 2Corinthians letter. Because as stated in our past drawings from GOD's well, it is a stepping stone to a higher level of our spiritual growth, in my eyes understanding and make up. Not so much so, with the boys who actually walked with the Lord Jesus, as they like Peter, went primarily to the house of Israel with their gospel.


1Corinthians 16:5-9, 10-11 "Now I will come unto you, when I shall pass through Macedonia: for I do pass through Macedonia. And it may be that I will abide, yea, and winter with you, that ye may bring me on my journey whithersoever I go. For I will not see you now by the way; but I trust to tarry a while with you, if the Lord permit. But I will tarry at Ephesus until Pentecost. For a great door and effectual is opened unto me, and there are many adversaries.
Now if Timotheus come, see that he may be with you without fear: for he worketh the work of the Lord, as I also do. Let no man therefore despise him: but conduct him forth in peace, that he may come unto me: for I look for him with the brethren." (KJV)

1Corinthians 16:5-9, 10-11 "I will visit you after passing through Macedonia, for I intend to pass through Macedonia, and perhaps I will stay with you or even spend the winter, so that you may help me on my journey, wherever I go. For I do not want to see you now just in passing. I hope to spend some time with you, if the Lord permits. But I will stay in Ephesus until Pentecost, for a wide door for effective work has opened to me, and there are many adversaries.

When Timothy comes, see that you put him at ease among you, for he is doing the work of the Lord, as I am. So let no one despise him. Help him on his way in peace, that he may return to me, for I am expecting him with the brothers." (ESV)



1Corinthians 16:5-9, 10-11 "It is my intent to visit you via a brief visit to the province of Macedonia. (Northern Greece) I will probably stay for a while and might even spend the winter with you; then you can help me prepare for my next destination wherever that might be. Some of you may even join me! Even though I am not far from you presently, I would prefer not to just see you now in passing but would rather enjoy an extended stay with you in the LORD's purpose. (The trip from Ephesus to Corinth was merely across the Aegean Sea, and comparatively a short passage en-route to Macedonia. He eventually stayed three months. [Acts 20:2-3]) I am presently in Ephesus and will not begin my journey before Pentecost. (Which was in the latter part of spring.) A massive door of opportunity to establish a powerful and effective ministry in Ephesus has opened for me, but since there are also many who dispute this message, I do not want to leave here too soon. ( In Acts 19:9-10: "but when some were stubborn and disbelieved, speaking evil of "the Way" before the congregation, he withdrew from them, taking the disciples with him, and dialogued daily in the school of Tyrannus. This continued for two years, so that all the residents of Asia heard the word (promise) of the Lord, both the Jews and Greeks." Luke does not mention the size of the building but much can be said the impact of the message! In Acts 19:20-22, "So the word (promise) of the Lord grew and prevailed mightily. Now after these events Paul resolved in the Spirit to pass through Macedonian and Achaia and go to Jerusalem, saying, "After I have been there, I must also see Rome." And having sent into Macedonia two of his helpers, Timothy and Erastus, he himself stayed in Asia for a while" (RSV)

My colleague in ministry, Timothy, should arrive in Corinth shortly; ensure that he feels absolutely at home with you. (In 1Corinthians 4:17, "This is why I send my beloved son Timothy to you. he is rock-solid in his faith. He shall remind you of me and re-enforce my specific message and emphasis; (the way I teach the 'in Christ' and 'the Christ in you' and his finished work message) in every place and every church I visit." ) No one should underrate him; honor him by providing for him and even accompanying him on his journey to join me in Ephesus. I am eagerly anticipating to welcome him and his team on their arrival from you." (The Mirror)

Until next time may the LORD of lords richly bless you and tours in his revelation.

No comments:

Post a Comment