Sunday, April 24, 2022

Continuing with Our Eternal link to GOD in Christ as exposed by Him, the I AM. Part 5j.0.a

     In our last visit we looked at John 15's verses of 12 through 17 with our targeted passage of verse 14 and then we did a words search leaving the one key word out of the mix, it being the word "friend." Now I shall take a look at it and then look for other related passages of relevance.

The Strong's NT Greek shows this "friend" as G5384 with this meaning: philos   fee'-los  Properly dear, that is, a friend; Actively fond, that is, friendly (still as a noun, an associate, neighbor, etc.): - friend.

Now for other related passages:

John 14:15 "'If you love Me, keep My commandments.'" 

Here we have the word "commandments" G1785 with this meaning: entolē   en-tol-ay'   From G1781 [entellomai   en-tel'-lom-ahee   From G1722 [en   en  A primary preposition denoting (fixed) position (in place, time or state), and (by implication) instrumentality (medially or constructively), that is, a relation of rest (intermediate between G1519 and G1537); “in”, at, (up-) on, by, etc.: - about, after, against, + almost, X altogether, among, X as, at, before, between, (here-) by (+ all means), for (. . . sake of), + give self wholly to, (here-) in (-to, -wardly), X mightily, (because) of, (up-) on, [open-] ly, X outwardly, one, X quickly, X shortly, [speedi-] ly, X that, X there (-in, -on), through (-out), (un-) to(-ward), under, when, where (-with), while, with (-in). Often used in compounds, with substantially the same import; Rarely with verbs of motion, and then not to indicate direction, except (elliptically) by a separate (and different) prep.] and the base of G5056; To enjoin: - (give) charge, (give) command(-ments), injoin.]; Injunction, that is, an authoritative prescription: - commandment, precept.

John 14:28  "'You have heard how I said to you, I go away, and come again to you. If you love Me, you would rejoice, because I said, I go to the Father: for My Father is greater than I.'"

2Choronicles 20:7 "Art not You our God, Who did drive out the inhabitants of this land before Your people Israel, and gave it to the seed of Abraham Your friend for ever?" 

Son of Solomon 5:1 "'I am come into My garden, My sister, My spouse: I have gathered My myrrh with My spice; I have eaten My honeycomb with My honey; I have drunk My wine with My milk: eat, O friends; drink, yes, drink abundantly, O beloved.'" 

Isaiah 41:8  "'But you, Israel, are My servant, Jacob whom I have chosen, the seed of Abraham My friend.'" 

Matthew 12:50  "'For whosoever shall do the will of My Father (Elohiym) which is in heaven, the same is My brother, and sister, and mother.'"

Luke 12:4 "'I say to you My friends, 'Be not afraid of them that kill the body, and after that have no more that they can do.'" 

James 2:23 "And the scripture was fulfilled which said, "Abraham believed GOD, and it was imputed to him for righteousness: and he was called the Friend of GOD." 

Then we find this spoken of by King David in: Psalm 18:24-26 "Therefore has the LORD recompensed me according to His righteousness, according to the cleanness of my hands in Their eyesight. With the merciful They show Themselves merciful; With an upright man They show Themselves upright; With the pure They show Themselves within us pure; And with the froward They show Themselves froward." 

This one Jesus Himself is speaking as recorded by Matthew in 10:40-42 "'He that receives you receives Me, and he that receives Me receives Them that sent Me. He that receives a prophet in the name of a prophet shall receive a prophet's reward; And he that receives a righteous man in the name of a righteous man shall receive a righteous man's reward. And whosoever shall give to drink to one of these little ones a cup of cold water only in the name of a disciple, truly I say to you, he shall in no wise lose his reward.'"

Then lastly we find this in Act 3:22-23 "For Moses truly said to the fathers, "A prophet shall the LORD your God shall raise up for you from among your brethren, like unto me; Him shall you hear in all things whatsoever He shall say to you. And it shall come to pass, that every soul, which will not hear this prophet, shall be destroyed from among the people." This spoken of in Deuteronomy 18:15-19.

No comments:

Post a Comment