Saturday, July 20, 2024

Christ within You is Truth, post number 2412

     We are on our quest to find the Truth and so far we have through the words of Truth, Jesus as our first Christ made known, our example like none other. Picking back up in John 17 where we left off at verse 20 and remember that it is Jesus speaking not only to the disciples but all of humanity. I will add part of a daily thought from Pastor Hoekstra at the close of this, with some editing.

Disciple in the World:

John 17:20-24, 25-26 'Neither pray I for these alone, but for them also which shall believe Me through their words; That they all may be one; as You, Father, art in Me, and I in You, that they also may be one in Us (Gen. 1:26-28): that the world may believe that You (You the image of) have sent Me (the likeness of). And the glory which You gave Me I have given them; That they may be one, even as We are One: I in them, and You in Me, that they may be made perfect in one; and that the world may know that You have sent Me, and love them, as You love Me. Father, I will that they also, whom You have given Me, be with Me where I am; That they may behold My glory, which You give Me: for You love Me even before the foundation of the world.
O righteous Father, the world has not known You: but I have known You, and these have known that You have sent Me. I have declared to them Your name, and will declare it: that the love wherewith You love Me may be in them, and I in them.'

Answered Prayer Promised in Jesus Name:
'Whatever you ask in My name, that I will do, that the Father may be glorified in the Son. If you ask anything in My name, I will do it. (John14:13-14)
We who belong to the Lord have a great invitation to thoroughly express our hearts to Him in humble, dependent prayer. "Trust Him at all times, you people; Pour out your heart before Him" (Psa. 62:8). We also have a great need to be speaking to Him. 'Without Me you can do nothing" (John 15:5). We also have great promises of answered prayer. "And whatever you ask in My name, that I will do . . . If you ask anything in My name, I will do it.' 

     At this juncture, the scriptures are vital in our daily prayer life. God's word directs us in praying according to the will of GOD. "If you abide in Me, and My words abide in you, you will ask what you desire, and it shall be done for you" (John 15:7). As we are abiding in (dependency upon) Christ, we will be wanting His word to have full sway in our lives. As we are consistently getting into His word, the scriptures are shaping our thinking and our desiring. Consequently, we ask what the Lord is teaching us to desire. In that beautiful biblical setting, He promises to give us whatever we ask.
All of this describes the essence of praying in the name of Jesus. Praying in Jesus name is not merely a formula of words with which to conclude our prayers. Whether we verbalize that phrase or not, it is about praying as Jesus would pray (always concerned about the Will of our and His Father). It is about praying based on all that the word teaches about the person and work of the Lord Jesus on our behalf. Those who pray this way enjoy the certainty of these great promises of answered prayer, and they see much glory brought to GOD. 'Whatever you ask in My name, that I will do, that the Father may be glorified in the Son. If you ask anything in My name, I will do it.'

No comments:

Post a Comment