Wednesday, July 17, 2024

Christ within You, post number 2410

 As a Seeker of Truth some things just seem to drop into ones lap while others require some digging to find the answer to. Today's area is John 16 verses 25 through I guess 33.

I Have Overcome the World:

John 16:25 Picking up on Jesus' speaking again: 'These things have I spoken to you in proverbs: but the time is coming, when I shall no more speak to you in proverbs, for I shall show you plainly of the Father. At that day you shall ask in My name: and I say not, that I will pray the Father for you: For the Father Himself loves you, because you love Me, and have believed that I came out from GOD. I came from the Father, and am come into the world: again, I leave the world, and go to the Father.' His disciples said to him, "Lo, now speak You plainly, and speak no longer by proverb (figure of speech). Now are we sure that You know all things, and need not that any man should ask You (doubt You): by this we believe that You came from GOD."
Jesus answered them, 'Do you now believe? Behold, the hour comes, yes, is now come, that you shall be scattered, every man to his own, and shall leave Me alone: and yet I am not alone, because the Father is with Me. These things I have spoken to you, that in Me you might have peace. In the world you shall have tribulation: but be of good cheer; I have overcome the world.'

Our next post will pick up with chapter 17 with Jesus' high priestly prey. To this I will add; 'If you abide in My word, you are My disciples indeed. And you shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free . . . that they may know the truth . . . and escape the snare of the devil, having been taken captive by him. (John 8:31-32 and 2Timothy 2:25-26)

No comments:

Post a Comment