Tuesday, July 9, 2024

Christ within You, post number 2401

     Being a Seeker of Truth opens up doors that would have otherwise been shut especially when it comes to understanding and being empowered by the Holy Spirit to put the scriptures together in an understandable form unlike the standard Bible translations, that push the ideology of the religion of those translating it. One area that is available though it was not designed or intended for it alone is Facebook and of course the internet if one knows how to phrase a key word of text question to get the desired results. We shall look at the question and answer given to Philip in our text from John 14 verses 8 through 14 this shortly before Jesus promises to provide the Holy Spirit as our guide, comforter and the revealer of all that is Truth, as follows:

John 14:8-14  Philip asked of Him, Lord, show us the Father, and it suffices us." Jesus answers him with, 'Have I been so long time with you, and yet you have not known Me, Philip? He that has seen Me has seen the Father; and how say you then, ""Show us the Father?"" Believest you not that I am in the Father, and the Father in Me? The words that I speak to you I speak not of Myself: but the Father that dwells in Me, He does the works. Believe Me that I am in the Father, and the Father in Me: or else believe Me for the very works' sake. Verily, verily (Of a great Truth), I say to you, He that believes Me, the works that I do shall he do also; and greater works than these shall he do; because I go to My and your Father.  And whatsoever you shall ask of Me in My name, that will I do, that the Father may be glorified in the Son. If you shall ask any thing in My name, I will do it.'"

This is a key to our own understanding of all things both of the past, present and further. Our next area of John 14 deals with the workings of the Holy Spirit.

No comments:

Post a Comment