Wednesday, July 10, 2024

Christ within You, post number 2402

     The Seeking for Truth is an arguest task with many challenging potholes in the road less traveled to say the lest and one of them is the following statement of the now risen and ascended LORD Jesus. It found in John's gospel chapter 10 and verse 28 which in the KJV reads as flows, as He is speaking to the Pharisees, and because of their religious attitudes drew this out of Him: John 10:27-29  'My sheep hear My voice, and I know them, and they follow Me: (28)  And I give them eternal life; and they shall never perish, neither shall any man pluck them out of My hand. My Father, which gave them Me, is greater than all; and no man is able to pluck them out of My Father's hand.' While having stated this in verse 10: John 10:10  The thief comes not, but for to steal, and to kill, and to destroy: "'I am come that they (Who are the "they" referenced here? All of Humanity is the correct answer.) might have life, and that they might have it more abundantly.'" And again we have the flowing this time from chapter 10 verses 14 and 16 beginning at verse 12 of this narrative: John 1:12  But as many as received him, to them gave he power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on his name: Which were born, not of blood, nor of the will of the flesh, nor of the will of man, but of God. (14)  And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us, (and we beheld His glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father,) full of Grace and Truth. Verse 16: Of His fullness have all we received, and grace for grace. Now for John 3 verse 15 for another bold statement, beginning with verse 14, Jesus is speaking: John 3:14  'As Moses lifted up the serpent in the wilderness, even so must the Son of man be lifted up: (15)  That whosoever believe Him should not perish, but have eternal life. Now that's a thought worth its weight in gold. 

But today's subject is from John 14 verses 15 through 31 this speaking of the Holy Spirit that is to be given after the ascension to His followers? Jesus tells us what the Holy Spirit's assignment and function is within the context of this. Now Jesus is doing the speaking here as sets the first requirement in verse 15.

Jesus Promises the Holy Spirit:

John 14:15-17, 18-24, 25-31 "'If you love Me, keep My Commandments. And I will pray the Father, and He shall give you another Comforter, that He may abide with and in you for ever; Even the Spirit of Truth; Whom the world cannot receive, because it sees Him not, neither know Him: but you know Him; for He dwells with and in you, and shall be in you.  

John 14:18-24  I will not leave you comfortless: I will come to you. Yet a little while, and the world will see  Me no more; but you shall see Me: because I live, you shall live also.  At that day you shall know that I am in My Father, and you in Me, and I in you. He that has My commandments, and keeps them, he it is that loves Me: and he that loves Me shall be loved of My Father, and I will love him, and will manifest Myself to him. Then Judas asks of Him, not Iscariot, "Lord, how is it that You will manifest Yourself to us, and not unto the world?"  Jesus answered him with, 'If a man love Me, he will keep My words: and My Father will love him, and We will come into (Genesis 1:26-28, Leviticus 17:11) him, and make our abode within him. It is he that loves Me, but he that does not keep My sayings: and the word which you hear are not mine, for they are of the Father, Who sent Me. 

John 14:25-31  These things have I spoken to you, being yet present with you. For the Comforter, which is the Holy Ghost, Whom the Father will send in My name, He shall teach you all things, and bring all things to your remembrance, whatsoever I have said to you. My  Peace I leave with you, My peace I give to you: not as the world gives, give I to you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be afraid. You have heard how I said to you, I go away, and come again to you. If you loved Me, you would rejoice, because I said, I go to the Father: for My Father is greater than I. And now I have told you before it comes to pass, that, when it is come to pass, you might believe. Hereafter I will not talk much with you: for the prince of this world comes, and has nothing in Me. But that the world may know that I love the Father; and as the Father gave Me Commandment, even so I do, give it to you. Arise, let us go hence.'" 

I apologize for it length. Our next area begins with chapter 15.

No comments:

Post a Comment