Friday, July 12, 2024

Christ within You, post number 2406

     So what is Truth and how is it reached? Should we leave that thought and move on to John chapter 15 beginning at verse 18 to see what the Lord Jesus has to say therein.

The Hatred of the World, a Disciples relationship with:

John 15:18-25, 26-27  Jesus is still speaking: 'If the world hate you, you know that it hated Me before it hated you. If you were to remain of the world, the world would love you as it's own: but because you are not of the world, for I have chosen you out of the world, therefore the world hates you. Remember the word that I said to you, The servant is not greater than his lord. If they persecute Me, they will also persecute you; if they have kept My saying, they will keep yours also. But all these things will they do to you for My name's sake, because they know not Him that sent Me. If I had not come and spoken to them, they had not had sin: but now they have no cloke for their sin. He that hates Me hates My Father also. If I had not done among them the works which none other man did, they had not had sin: but now they have both seen and hated both Me and My Father. But this comes to pass, that the word might be fulfilled that is written in their law, "They hated Me without a cause (Psalm 35:19 and 69:4) ."
For when the Comforter is come, Whom I will send to you from the Father, even the Spirit of Truth, which proceeds from the Father, He will testify of Me: And you also shall bear witness of Me, because you have been with Me from the beginning.'

With our next posting we shall be in chapter 16 of John's epistle where we find a warning.

No comments:

Post a Comment