Saturday, September 10, 2016

Divine Spiritual Riches (when united to Christ)

For days weeks and years I have been writing about my LORD and all that belongs to us because of Him. When one does so it wont be long before he realizes that he is opening up the revelation of GOD in and through Christ, and our own being One in GOD and Christ as they are indeed One [Elohim]. With the advent of social media and the computer we can share these very important things far and wide across this world in ways before unheard of. This is all of GOD's doing to spread His Gospel of Christ's being restored to the central figure within those who become receptive of Him in spirit and Truth. I wont to look at Spiritual Awakening or Quickening with the led of the LORD. But first also while under the LORD's led, Pastor Hoekstra and his fine teaching on Grace as he looks at king David a vivid example of one who has become one with GOD our LORD. Then making use of the ESV translation I will venture into mans awakening spiritually. Today this seems to remain hidden to those who claim to be pious, which causes me great concern. And is the very reason of this blog to aid many to be freed from their unbelief of all that GOD has done within and through His servant-sons, otherwise called saints and stewards. I realized not long ago that there are many who have been told that certain areas of scripture are spoken to certain people. And therefore they do not apply to them or us, this is so very wrong for GOD is no respecter of person. What has been written and spoken is applicable to all. For Christ Jesus was given for the whole world or for each new generation of man unto a thousand generations.

 "Living According to God's Word"


"You have dealt well with Your servant, O LORD, according to Your word." (Psalm 119:65)

"David was a man who basically lived by Grace (that is, by depending on the LORD to work in his life). Consequently, he trusted in the word of GOD ("the word of His grace" — Acts 20:32). David lived according to GOD's word. Psalm 119 bears substantial testimony of what can happen when one lives in this manner. "You have dealt well with Your servant, O LORD, according to Your word." This strategic phrase ("according to Your word" ) has two implications: living in line with GOD's word and living by the provisions of GOD's word. Therefore, those who live according to GOD's word not only find their direction in the Scriptures, they find His resource there as well.

Many fruitful and respected Bible teachers (like C. H. Spurgeon) are convinced that David was the human instrumental author of Psalm 119. Whether this is true or not is incidental to our present meditation. In this majestic Psalm, the Holy Spirit (the ultimate author) depicts the all-inclusive nature of living according to the word.

Every person on earth begins their life within sin, as the main problem (guilty, condemned, alienated from God and hostile to Him and His word). If a person wants to have their life cleaned up spiritually, they can see that accomplished according to GOD's Word (which is law [His plan and purpose] and light or life). "How can a young man cleanse his way? By taking heed according to Your word" (Psalm 119:9). Anyone who will pay close attention to the message of the scriptures will find therein GOD's provision of forgiveness and salvation. "Let Your mercies come also to me, O LORD — Your salvation according to Your word" (Psalm 119:41). GOD's merciful salvation (from sin and unto godliness) is enjoyed by those who call upon Him wholeheartedly. "I entreated Your favor with my whole heart; Be merciful to me according to Your word" (Psalm 119:58).

Every person who has found new life through the Lord's merciful salvation eventually encounters times when a reviving is needed. The difficulties of life seem to choke all spiritual vitality out of us. It is time to call upon the Lord and turn to His word. "I am afflicted very much; Revive me, O LORD, according to Your word" (Psalm 119:107). Sometimes, the battle is so intense that our inner man seems to be smashed face down in the dirt. Again, it is time to seek the Lord in His word. "My soul clings to the dust; Revive me according to Your word" (Psalm 119:25). Yes, in God's word, we find direction for our lives and replenishing of our lives."

Spiritual Quickening:

Psalm 80:14-19 "Turn again, O God of hosts! Look down from heaven, and see; have regard for this vine, the stock that Your right hand planted, and for the son whom You made strong for Yourself. They have burned it with fire; they have cut it down; may they perish at the rebuke of Your face! But let Your hand be on the man of Your right hand, the son of man whom You have made strong for Yourself! Then we shall not turn back from You; give us Life, and we will call upon Your name! Restore us, O LORD GOD of hosts! Let Your face shine, that we may be saved!" [saved here means destroyer watches, HE rescues]

Daleth.
Psalm 119:25-32 "My soul clings to the dust; give me life according to Your word! When I told of my ways, You answered me; teach me Your statutes! Make me understand the way of Your precepts, and I will meditate on Your wondrous works. My soul melts away for sorrow; strengthen me according to Your word! Put false ways far from me and graciously teach me Your law! I have chosen the way of faithfulness; I set Your rules before me. I cling to Your testimonies, O LORD; let me not be put to shame! I will run in the way of Your commandments when You enlarge my heart!"


He.
Psalm 119:33-40 "Teach me, O LORD, the way of Your statutes; and I will keep it to the end. Give me understanding, that I may keep Your law and observe it with my whole heart. Lead me in the path of Your commandments, for I delight in it. Incline my heart to Your testimonies, and not to selfish gain! Turn my eyes from looking at worthless things; and give me life in Your way. Confirm to Your servant Your promises, that You may be feared. Turn away the reproach that I dread, for Your rules are good. Behold, I long for Your precepts; in Your righteousness give [revive, quicken] me life!"


Zayin.
Psalm 119:49-56 "Remember Your word to Your servant, in which You have made me hope. This is my comfort in my affliction, that Your promise gives me life. The insolent utterly deride me, but I do not turn away from Your law. When I think of Your rules from of old, I take comfort, O LORD. Hot indignation seizes me because of the wicked, who forsake Your law. Your statutes have been my songs in the house of my sojourning. I remember Your name in the night, O LORD, and keep Your law. This blessing has fallen to me, that I have kept Your precepts."


Kaph.
Psalm 119:81-88 "My soul longs for Your salvation; I hope in Your word. My eyes long for Your promise; I ask, "When will You comfort me?" For I have become like a wineskin in the smoke, yet I have not forgotten Your statutes. How long must Your servant endure? When will You judge those who persecute me? The insolent have dug pitfalls for me; they do not live according to Your law. All Your commandments are sure; they persecute me with falsehood; help me! They have almost made an end of me on earth, but I have not forsaken Your precepts. In Your steadfast love give me life, that I may keep the testimonies of Your mouth."


Qoph.
Psalm 119:145-152 "With my whole heart I cry; answer me, O LORD! I will keep Your statutes. I call to You; save me, that I may observe Your testimonies. I rise before dawn and cry for help; I hope in Your words. My eyes are awaken before the watches of the night, that I may meditate on Your promise. Hear my voice according to Your steadfast love; O LORD, according to Your justice give me life. They draw near who persecute me with evil purpose; they are far from Your law. But You are near, O LORD, and all Your commandments are true. Long have I known from Your testimonies that You have founded them forever."


Psalm 143:10-12 "Teach me to do Your will, for You are my GOD! Let Your good Spirit lead me on level ground! For Your name's sake, O LORD, preserve my life! In Your righteousness bring my soul out of trouble! And in Your steadfast love You will cut off my enemies, and You will destroy all the adversaries of my soul, for I am Your servant."


Habakkuk 3:2 "O LORD, I have heard the report of You, and Your work, O LORD, do I fear. In the midst of the years revive it; in the midst of the years make it known; in wrath remember mercy."


John 5:18, 19-23 "This was why the Jews were seeking all the more to kill Him, because not only was He breaking the Sabbath, but He was even calling GOD His own Father, making Himself equal with GOD.
So Jesus said to them, "Truly, truly, I say to you, the Son can do nothing of His own accord, but only what He sees the Father doing. For whatever the Father does, that the Son does likewise. For the Father loves the Son and shows Him all that HE Himself is doing. And greater works than these will HE show Him, so that you may marvel. For as the Father raises the dead and gives them Life, so also the Son gives this Life to whom He will. The Father judges no one, but has given all judgment to the Son, that all may honor the Son, just as they honor the Father. Whoever does not honor the Son does not honor the Father Who sent Him."


John 6:60-65 "When many of His disciples heard it, they said, "This is a hard saying; who can listen to it?" Jesus, knowing in Himself that His disciples were grumbling about this, said to them, "Do you take offense at this? Then what if you were to see the Son of Man ascending to where He was before?  It is the Spirit Who gives Life; the flesh is no help at all. The words that I have spoken to you are spirit and Life. But there are some of you who do not believe." (For Jesus knew from the beginning who those were who did not believe, and who it was who would betray Him.) Then He said, "This is why I told you that no one can come to Me unless it is granted him by the Father.""

No comments:

Post a Comment