Tuesday, September 13, 2016

Divine Spiritual Richness (Individual call to Consecration)

I looked at  our submission to GOD and His plan and purpose for our welfare and restored spirituality in order to walk through this life close to Him our patriarch Father of all mankind. There are still today so many who miss up their lives by refusing His Christ and our LORD Who is above all Lords. Because of that I wont again to look closer at our individual call to Consecration. But first Pastor Hoekstra and his teaching on Grace through what Israel's King David wrote of his own walk of Grace hand in hand with our LORD GOD. And as always I will be listening for the still small voice of the LORD within me while doing so and then with the use of the ESV translation look at our call to Consecration, which pleases GOD. I must state that all that I have been sharing is Not planed by me before hand. Because I leave that to the LORD to establish not my self. I am His witness as a good steward of His Revelation. The full purpose of this and my other blog.


 
"More on David Confessing the Lord as His God"


"For my iniquities have gone over my head; Like a heavy burden they are too heavy for me . . . I am troubled, I am bowed down greatly; I go mourning all the day long . . . in You, O LORD, I hope; You will hear, O Lord my God . . . Do not forsake me, O LORD; O my God, be not far from me!" (Psalm 38:4, 6, 15 and 21)

"When the battles raged with pain and cruelty, David drew upon GOD's Grace by humbly confessing the LORD as his God. "I hear the slander of many; Fear is on every side . . . But as for me . . . I say, 'You are my God' " (Psalm 31:13-14). Then David added, "My times are in Your hand" (Psalm 31:15). He knew that all of his times were in the hand of his sovereign GOD. David demonstrated this comprehensive dependency upon the LORD in all types of situations (not only during the agonizing betrayals that he faced). 

When David experienced times of personal sin and failure, he turned to the LORD, his God. "For my iniquities have gone over my head; Like a heavy burden they are too heavy for me." The guilt of David's sins overwhelmed him like mighty flood waters and crushed him like a massive weight. "I am troubled, I am bowed down greatly; I go mourning all the day long." This left David distressed, greatly pressed down, and continually grieving. Thus, with a broken and humble repentance, he confessed the LORD as his God. "In You, O LORD, I hope; You will hear, O LORD my God . . . Do not forsake me, O LORD; O my God, be not far from me! " This has been my own cry after receiving His Holy Spirit into my self back in March of 1985.

In other times, David confessed the LORD as his God. When he was sick and near to death, he turned to the LORD, confessing Him as his God. "O LORD my God, I cried out to You, And You have healed (revived, restored life to) me. O LORD, You have brought my soul up from the grave; You have kept me alive, that I should not go down to the pit" (Psalm 30:2-3). When David was humbly aware of his lack of innate goodness, he also confessed the LORD as his remedy. "Preserve me, O God, for in You I put my trust. O my soul, you have said to the LORD, 'You are my LORD, my goodness is nothing apart from You' " (Psalm 16:1-2). On the other hand, when David was joyously abounding in the goodness of the LORD, he also confessed the LORD as his God. "Many, O LORD my God, are Your wonderful works which You have done; And Your thoughts which are toward us cannot be recounted to You in order" (Psalm 40:5)."

Our Call to Personal Consecration:


Exodus 32:25-29 "When Moses saw that the people had broken loose (for Aaron had let them break loose, to the derision of their enemies), then Moses stood in the gate of the camp and said, "Who is on the LORD's side? Come to me." And all the sons of Levi gathered around him. And he said to them, "Thus says the LORD God of Israel, 'Put your sword on your side each of you, and go to and fro from gate to gate throughout the camp, and each of you kill his brother and his companion and his neighbor.'" And the sons of Levi did according to the word of Moses. And that day about three thousand men of the people fell. Then Moses said, "Today you have been ordained for the service of the LORD, each one at the cost of his son and of his brother, so that HE might bestow a blessing upon you this day."


1Chronicles 29:1-5 "David the king said to all the assembly, "Solomon my son, whom alone God has chosen, is young and inexperienced, and the work is great, for the palace will not be for man but for the LORD God. So I have provided for the house of my GOD, so far as I was able, the gold for the things of gold, the silver for the things of silver, and the bronze for the things of bronze, the iron for the things of iron, and wood for the things of wood, besides great quantities of onyx and stones for setting, antimony, colored stones, all sorts of precious stones and marble. Moreover, in addition to all that I have provided for the holy house, I have a treasure of my own of gold and silver, and because of my devotion to the house of my God I give it to the house of my GOD: 3,000 talents of gold, of the gold of Ophir, and 7,000 talents of refined silver, for overlaying the walls of the house, and for all the work to be done by craftsmen, gold for the things of gold and silver for the things of silver. Who then will offer willingly, consecrating himself today to the LORD?"


Proverbs 23:26-28 (The LORD's call) "My son, give Me your heart, and let your eyes observe My ways. For a prostitute [harlot] is a deep pit; an adulteress is a narrow well. She lies in wait like a robber and increases the traitors among mankind."


Romans 12:1-2 and 2Timothy 2:20-3:9 "I appeal to you therefore, brothers, by the mercies of GOD, to present your bodies as a living sacrifice, holy and acceptable to GOD, which is your spiritual worship. Do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewal of your mind, that by testing you may discern what is the Will of GOD, what is good and acceptable and perfect."

2Timothy 2:20-3:9 "In a great house there are not only vessels of gold and silver but also of wood and clay, some for honorable use, some for dishonorable. Therefore, if anyone cleanses himself from what is dishonorable, he will be a vessel for honorable use, set apart as holy, useful to the Master of the house, ready for every good work. So flee youthful passions and pursue righteousness, faith, love, and peace, along with those who call on the LORD from a pure heart.  Have nothing to do with foolish, ignorant controversies; for you know that they breed quarrels. And the LORD's servant must not be quarrelsome but kind to everyone, able to teach, patiently enduring evil, correcting his opponents with gentleness. That GOD may perhaps grant them repentance leading to a knowledge of the truth, and they may come to their senses and escape from the snare of the devil, after being captured [enslaved] by him to do his will. Because understand this [slavery],  in the last days there will come times of difficulty. For people will be lovers of self, lovers of money, proud, arrogant, abusive, disobedient to their parents, ungrateful, unholy, heartless, unappeasable, slanderous, without self-control, brutal, not loving good, treacherous, reckless, swollen with conceit, lovers of pleasure rather than lovers of God, having the appearance of godliness, but denying its power. Avoid such people. For among them are those who creep [through the use of radios and TV stations, and yes even their religious forms] into households and capture weak women, burdened with sins and led astray by various passions, always learning and never able to arrive at a knowledge of the truth. Just as Jannes and Jambres opposed Moses, so these men also oppose the Truth, men corrupted in mind and disqualified regarding the faith. But they will not get very far, for their folly will be plain to all, as was that of those two men."

No comments:

Post a Comment