Thursday, September 8, 2016

Divine Spiritual Riches (when united to Christ)

Today I wont to step off into the deep end of knowing GOD, through the LORD, Christ Jesus, and all that He brings to man. I am talking about the things or deeds performed by the LORD that man might Receive. But first with the led of the LORD I will look at Pastor Hoekstra's teaching on Grace as seen in king David. And then with the use of the ESV translation I will endeavor to unveil all that the LORD has done for man to Receive of Him.

"David Urging Others to Trust in the LORD"

"Trust in the LORD, and do good; Dwell in the land, and feed on His faithfulness. Delight yourself also in the LORD, And He shall give you the desires of your heart. Commit your way to the LORD, Trust also in Him, And He shall bring it to pass." (Psalm 37:3-5)

"Those who live by Grace trust in GOD to work in their lives and then through them, as His voice in the earth, this is our Faith. We can see David's heart to live this way, as he urges others to trust in the LORD. "Trust in the LORD . . . feed on His faithfulness . . . Commit your way to the LORD, Trust also in Him." 

GOD wants His people to be characterized by goodness. Yet, David affirmed that no one does good on their own. "There is none who does good, No, not one" (Psalm 14:3). So, for anyone to do good, the LORD must do a good work in and through their lives. Those who place their trust in the LORD find the will and the strength to do that which is good in the sight of GOD, as GOD resides within them, the prayer of John 17. "Trust in the LORD, and do good." To be faithful in doing good, GOD's people must be nurtured in GOD's faithfulness, just as the man Jesus was. "Dwell in the land, and feed on His faithfulness." Those who place their trust in a faithful GOD become increasingly faithful servants of GOD. 

Of course, the work of GOD in lives is centered in the heart of man. David prayed for an undivided heart of reverential trust toward the LORD. "Unite my heart to fear Your name" (Psalm 86:11). Everyone who is willing to let the LORD be the captivating joy of their inner man will have GOD Himself planting godly desires within their heart. "Delight yourself also in the LORD, And He shall give you the desires of your heart." These implanted desires are then worked outward to godly living. 

As this godliness is developing, we desire that the LORD's path for our lives would become increasingly evident. We have a growing interest in walking in the way of the LORD. David had such a desire in his heart toward the LORD. "Show me Your ways, O LORD; Teach me Your path. Lead me in Your truth and teach me" (Psalm 25:4-5). The LORD teaches those who are willing to entrust their lives into His directing. "Commit your way to the LORD, Trust also in Him, And He shall bring it to pass." Those who do place their lives under the sovereign care of GOD enjoy the great privilege of having the LORD GOD almighty governing the very steps that they take day by day."


Deeds Performed by the LORD that man might Receive,

Exodus 6:2-9 "GOD spoke to Moses and said to him, "I am the LORD. I appeared to Abraham, to Isaac, and to Jacob, as GOD Almighty (a gentile term, this is seen with king of righteousness Melchizedek [Genesis 14:18-19, priest Psalm 110:4, type of undying priest in Hebrews 5:6, 10, 6:20] who met Abram with wine and bread) but by My name the LORD I did not make Myself known to them. I also established My covenant with them to give them the land of Canaan, the land in which they lived as sojourners. Moreover, I have heard the groaning of the people of Israel whom the Egyptians [a type of mans many religions] hold as slaves, and I have remembered My covenant. Say therefore to the people of Israel, 'I am the LORD, and I will bring you out from under the burdens of the Egyptians, and I will deliver you from slavery to them, and I will redeem you with an outstretched arm and with great acts of judgment. I will take you to be My people, and I will be your GOD, and you shall know that I am the LORD your GOD, Who has brought you out from under the burdens of the Egyptians. I will bring you into the land that I swore to give to Abraham, to Isaac, and to Jacob. I will give it to you for a possession. I am the LORD.'" Moses spoke thus to the people of Israel, but they did not listen to Moses, because of their broken spirit and harsh slavery."


Exodus 8:10-15 "Pharaoh said, "Tomorrow." Moses said, "Be it as you say, so that you may know that there is no one like the LORD our God. The frogs shall go away from you and your houses and your servants and your people. They shall be left only in the Nile." So Moses and Aaron went out from Pharaoh, and Moses cried to the LORD about the frogs, as he had agreed with Pharaoh. And the LORD did according to the word of Moses. The frogs died out in the houses, the courtyards, and the fields. And they gathered them together in heaps, and the land stank. But when Pharaoh saw that there was a relief, he hardened his heart and would not listen to them, as the LORD had said."


Exodus 16:9-12 "Moses said to Aaron, "Say to the whole congregation of the people of Israel, 'Come near before the LORD, for HE has heard your grumbling.'" As soon as Aaron spoke to the whole congregation of the people of Israel, they looked toward the wilderness, and behold, the glory of the LORD appeared in the cloud. The LORD said to Moses, "I have heard the grumbling of the people of Israel. Say to them, 'At twilight you shall eat meat, and in the morning you shall be filled with bread. Then you shall know that I am the LORD your God.'"


Joshua 3:5-13 "Joshua said to the people, "Consecrate yourselves, for tomorrow the LORD will do wonders among you." Then Joshua said to the priests, "Take up the ark of the covenant and pass on before the people." So they took up the ark of the covenant and went before the people. The LORD said to Joshua, "Today I will begin to exalt you in the sight of all Israel, that they may know that, as I was with Moses, so I will be with you. As for you, command the priests who bear the ark of the covenant, 'When you come to the brink of the waters of the Jordan, you shall stand still in the Jordan.'" Then Joshua said to the people of Israel, "Come here and listen to the words of the LORD your God." And Joshua said, "Here is how you shall know that the living GOD is among you and that HE will without fail drive out from before you the Canaanites, the Hittites, the Hivites, the Perizzites, the Girgashites, the Amorites, and the Jebusites. Behold, the ark of the covenant of the LORD of all the earth is passing over before you into the Jordan. Now therefore take twelve men from the tribes of Israel, from each tribe a man. And when the soles of the feet of the priests bearing the ark of the LORD, the LORD of all the earth, shall rest in the waters of the Jordan, the waters of the Jordan shall be cut off from flowing, and the waters coming down from above shall stand in one heap."


1Kings 18:30-40 "Elijah said to all the people, "Come near to me." And all the people came near to him. And he repaired the altar of the LORD that had been thrown down. Elijah took twelve stones, according to the number of the tribes of the sons of Jacob, to whom the word of the LORD came, saying, "Israel shall be your name," and with the stones he built an altar in the name of the LORD. And he made a trench about the altar, as great as would contain two measures of seed. Then he put the wood in order and cut the bull in pieces and laid it on the wood. And he said, "Fill four jars with water and pour it on the burnt offering and on the wood." And he said, "Do it a second time." And they did it a second time. And he said, "Do it a third time." And they did it a third time. And the water ran around the altar and filled the trench also with water.  At the time of the offering of the oblation, Elijah the prophet came near and said, "O LORD, GOD of Abraham, Isaac, and Israel, let it be known this day that you are GOD in Israel, and that I am your servant, and that I have done all these things at Your word. Answer me, O LORD, answer me, that this people may know that You, O LORD, are GOD, and that You have turned their hearts back." Then the fire of the LORD fell and consumed the burnt offering and the wood and the stones and the dust, and licked up the water that was in the trench. And when all the people saw it, they fell on their faces and said, "The LORD, HE is GOD; the LORD, HE is GOD!" To this Elijah said to them, "Seize the prophets of Baal; let not one of them escape." And they seized them. And Elijah brought them down to the brook Kishon and slaughtered them there."


Isaiah 44:24-45:7 "Thus says the LORD, your Redeemer, who formed you from the womb: "I am the LORD, Who made all things, Who alone stretched out the heavens, Who spread out the earth by Myself, Who frustrates the signs of liars and makes fools of diviners, Who turns wise men back and makes their knowledge foolish, Who confirms the word of His servant and fulfills the counsel of His messengers, Who says of Jerusalem, 'She shall be inhabited,' and of the cities of Judah, 'They shall be built, and I will raise up their ruins'; Who says to the deep, 'Be dry; I will dry up your rivers;' Who says of Cyrus, 'He is My shepherd, and he shall fulfill all My purpose'; saying of Jerusalem, 'She shall be built,' and of the temple, 'Your foundation shall be laid.'" "I will go before you and level the exalted places, I will break in pieces the doors of bronze and cut through the bars of iron, I Will give you the treasures of darkness and the hoards in secret places, that you may know that it is I, the LORD, the God of Israel, Who call you by your name. For the sake of My servant Jacob, and Israel My chosen, I call you by your name, I name you, though you do not know Me. I am the LORD, and there is no other, besides Me there is no God; I equip you, though you do not know Me, that people may know, from the rising of the sun and from the west, that there is none besides Me; I am the LORD, and there is no other. I form light and create darkness, I make well-being and create calamity, I am the LORD, Who does all these things."


Joel 2:21-27 "Fear not, O land; be glad and rejoice, for the LORD has done great things! Fear not, you beasts of the field, for the pastures of the wilderness are green; the tree bears its fruit; the fig tree and vine give their full yield. "Be glad, O children of Zion, and rejoice in the LORD your God, for HE has given the early rain for your vindication; HE has poured down for you abundant (Grace as) rain, the early and the latter rain, as before. "The threshing floors shall be full of grain; the vats shall overflow with wine and oil. I will restore to you the years that the swarming locust has eaten, the hopper, the destroyer, and the cutter, My great army, which I sent among you. "You shall eat in plenty and be satisfied, and praise the name of the LORD your God, Who has dealt wondrously with you. And My people shall never again be put to shame. You shall know that I am in the midst of Israel, and that I am the LORD your God and there is none else. And My people shall never again be put to shame."


Zechariah 4:8-10 The word of the LORD came to me, saying, "The hands of Zerubbabel have laid the foundation of this house; his hands shall also complete it. Then you will know that the LORD of hosts has sent me to you. For whoever has despised the day of small things shall rejoice, and shall see the plumb line in the hand of Zerubbabel. "These seven are the eyes of the LORD, which range through the whole earth."


Matthew 9:2-8 "Behold, some people brought to Him a paralytic, lying on a bed. And when Jesus saw their faith, He said to the paralytic, "Take heart, My son; your sins are forgiven." And behold, some of the scribes said to themselves, "This man is blaspheming." But Jesus, knowing their thoughts, said, "Why do you think evil in your hearts? For which is easier, to say, 'Your sins are forgiven,' or to say, 'Rise and walk'? But that you may know that the Son of Man has authority on earth to forgive sins"—He then said to the paralytic—"Rise, pick up your bed and go home." Then He rose and went home. When the crowds saw it, they were afraid, and they glorified God, Who had given such authority to men."


John 10:31-39 "The Jews picked up stones again to stone Him. Jesus answered them, "I have shown you many good works from the Father; for which of them are you going to stone Me?" The Jews answered Him, "It is not for a good work that we are going to stone You but for blasphemy, because You, being a man, make Yourself GOD." Jesus answered them, "Is it not written in your Law, 'I said, you are gods'? If he called them gods to whom the word of GOD came—and Scripture cannot be broken— do you say of Him Whom the Father consecrated and sent into the world, 'You are blaspheming,' because I said, 'I am the Son of GOD'? If I am not doing the works of My Father, then do not believe Me; but if I do them, even though you do not believe Me, believe the works, that you may know and understand that the Father is in Me and I am in the Father."

John 14:24-31 (Jesus is speaking) "Whoever does not love Me does not keep (hear) My words. And the word that you hear is not Mine but the Father's Who sent Me. "These things I have spoken to you while I am still with you. But the Helper, the Holy Spirit, Whom the Father will send in My name, HE will teach you all things and bring to your remembrance all that I have said to you. Peace I leave with you; My peace I give to you. Not as the world gives do I give to you. Let not your hearts be troubled, neither let them be afraid. You heard Me say to you, 'I am going away, and I will come to you.' If you love Me, you would have rejoiced, because I am going to the Father, for the Father is greater than I. Now I have told you before it takes place, so that when it does take place you may believe. I will no longer talk much with you, for the ruler of this world is coming. He has no claim (no hold over) on Me, for I do as the Father has commanded Me, so that the world may know that I love the Father. Rise, let us go from here."


John 17:20-24 (Jesus is speaking) "I do not ask for these only, but also for those who will believe in Me through their word, that they may all be One, just as You, Father, are in Me, and I in You, that they also may be in US, so that the world may believe that you have sent Me. The glory that You have gave Me I have given to them, that they may be One even as We are One, I in them and You in Me, that they may become perfectly One, so that the world may know that You sent Me and love them even as You love Me. Father, I desire that they also, Whom You have given Me, may be with Me where I am, to see My glory that You have given Me because You loved Me before the foundation of the world."

No comments:

Post a Comment