Saturday, September 3, 2016

Divine Spiritual Riches (when united to Christ)

I wonder today just how many people in this world are as captivated by the words of Christ Jesus, as they were back when He first made His appearance for and to Israel. Yes, I said for Israel. Because it was for them and the promise given to  Abraham that He came in the flesh of man. After that when Israel rejected Him as foretold, He came again as He promised Adam and woman in Genesis 3:15 and 12:3 for the Nations. Those of the Religious world do not see or even believe His promise to do so. They all skirt the Truth as if to make it disappear by so doing, they like the Israel of old walk in unbelief. Today with the led of the LORD, I wont to look at Spiritual Investments but first Pastor Hoekstra and his teaching on Grace as seen in David. Then with the use of the ESV translation I will look at my targeted subject our spiritual enrichment which I started yesterday.


 "David Confessing God as His Refuge"

"Trust in Him at all times, you people; Pour out your heart before Him; God is a refuge for us . . . . You are my hiding place . . . You shall surround me with songs of deliverance." (Psalm 62:8 and Psalm 32:7)

"David often confessed GOD as his refuge. This is another indicator that he typically lived by the Grace that is of GOD (that is, by trusting GOD to work on his behalf). This to be our own understanding and attitude as well. 

The need or desire to find a refuge (a place of shelter or protection) is common among mankind. The storms of life can beat down relentlessly. Circumstantially, it can be as though Ezekiel's prophetic warning is being fulfilled toward us. "There will be flooding rain . . . great hailstones . . . and a stormy wind" (Ezekiel 13:11). We long for a shelter, a secret refuge from the storms of life. At other times, threats and dangers seem to lurk around every corner. Experientially, it can be as though we are reliving the trials of David. "The pangs of death encompassed me, and the floods of ungodliness made me afraid. The sorrows of Sheol surrounded me; The snares of death confronted me" (Psalm 18:4-5). We long for a place of protection. David knew where to turn for refuge when troubles multiplied. "GOD is our refuge and strength, a very present help in trouble" (Psalm 46:1). Our place of shelter and protection is not a place, but a person. When troubles come, we can turn to Him. He is totally available to help us ("a very present help") as He was for David. Whenever we exercise our trust in Him, whenever we pour our heart out to Him in prayer, we can enjoy the LORD as our refuge. "Trust in Him at all times, you people; Pour out your heart before Him; GOD is a refuge for us."

At other times, we are not looking so much for a refuge (a place of shelter or protection), we are seeking a hiding place (a secret solitude). When this occurs, we easily identify with David's desire to flee. "Oh, that I had wings like a dove! For then I would fly away and be at rest. Indeed, I would wander far off, and remain in the wilderness" (Psalm 55:6-7). Well, GOD has more good news for us. As David learned, the LORD is willing and able to be that hiding place. "You are my hiding place . . . You shall surround me with songs of deliverance." Whenever we turn to the LORD and allow Him to encompass us with songs of His delivering power, we can enjoy the LORD as our hiding place. Of course, one practical way to be surrounded by GOD's "songs of deliverance" is to spend time prayerfully reading in the book of Psalms. They are GOD's divinely inspired rescue songs."


Spiritual Investments secure spiritual treasures,

Matthew 6:19-21 and Matthew 13:44 (Jesus is speaking) "Do not lay up for yourselves treasures on earth, where moth and rust destroy and where thieves break in and steal, but lay up for yourselves treasures in heaven, where neither moth nor rust destroys and where thieves do not break in and steal. For where your treasure is, there your heart will be also."
Matthew 13:44 "The kingdom of heaven is like treasure hidden in a field, which a man found and covered up. Then in his joy he goes and sells all that he has and buys that field."

Matthew 19:16 "Behold, a man came up to Him, saying, "Teacher, what good deed must I do to have eternal life?" Jesus said to him, "Why do you ask Me about what is good? There is only one Who is good. If you would enter life, keep the commandments." He then said to Him, "Which ones?" Jesus said, "You shall not murder, you shall not commit adultery, you shall not steal, you shall not bear false witness, honor your father and mother, and, you shall love your neighbor as yourself." The young man said to Him, "All these I have kept. What do I still lack?" Jesus said to him, "If you would be perfect, go, sell what you possess and give to the poor, and you will have treasure in heaven; and come, follow Me." When the young man heard this he went away sorrowful, for he had great possessions."


Luke 12:33-34 (Jesus is speaking) "Sell your possessions, and give to the needy. Provide yourselves with moneybags that do not grow old, with a treasure in the heavens that does not fail, where no thief approaches and no moth destroys. For where your treasure is, there will your heart be also."


Philippians 3:7-11 "Whatever gain I had, I counted as loss for the sake of Christ. Indeed, I count everything as loss because of the surpassing worth of knowing Christ Jesus my LORD. For His sake I have suffered the loss of all things and count them as rubbish, in order that I may gain Christ  to be found in Him, not having a righteousness of my own that comes from the law, but that which comes through faith in Christ, the righteousness from GOD that depends on faith— that I may know Him and the power of His resurrection, and may share His sufferings, becoming like Him in His death, that by any means possible I may attain the resurrection from the dead."


1Timothy 6:17-19 "As for the rich in this present age, charge them not to be haughty, nor to set their hopes on the uncertainty of riches, but on GOD, Who richly provides us with everything to enjoy. They are to do good, to be rich in good works, to be generous and ready to share, thus storing up treasure for themselves as a good foundation for the future, so that they may take hold of that which is truly life."

Revelation 3:15-22 (the LORD, Christ Jesus is speaking) "'I know your works: you are neither cold nor hot. Would that you were either cold or hot! So, because you are lukewarm (not ardent), and neither hot nor cold, I will spit you out of My mouth. For you say, I am rich, I have prospered, and I need nothing, not realizing that you are wretched, pitiable, poor, blind, and naked. I counsel you to buy from Me gold refined by fire, so that you may be rich, and white garments so that you may clothe yourself from the shame of your nakedness, that your nakedness may not be seen, and salve to anoint your eyes, so that you may see (acquire clear perception of sight). Those whom I love (call My own), I reprove and discipline, so be zealous and repent. Behold, I stand at the door and knock. If anyone hears My voice and opens the door, I will come in to him and eat with him, and he with Me. The one who conquers, I will grant him to sit with Me on My throne, as I also conquered and sat down with My Father on HIS throne. He who has an ear, let him hear what the Spirit says to the churches.'"
From here I wont to take a moment to look at some examples of Spiritual Riches,

1Corinthians 1:4-7 "I give thanks to my God always for you because of the Grace of GOD that was given you in Christ Jesus, that in every way you were enriched in Him in all speech and all knowledge— even as the testimony about Christ was confirmed among you— so that you are not lacking in any gift, as you wait for the revealing of our Lord Jesus Christ, Who will sustain you to the end, guiltless in the day of our Lord Jesus Christ. GOD is faithful, by Whom you were called into the fellowship of His Son, Jesus Christ our LORD.

2Corinthians 6:1-10 "Working together with Him, then, we appeal to you not to receive the Grace of GOD in vain. For HE says, "In a favorable time I listened to you, and in a day of salvation I have helped you." (Isaiah 49:8) Behold, now is the favorable (Age) time; behold, now is the day of salvation. We put no obstacle in anyone's way, so that no fault may be found with our ministry, but as servants of GOD we commend ourselves in every way: by great endurance, in afflictions, hardships, calamities, beatings, imprisonments, riots, labors, sleepless nights, hunger; by purity, knowledge, patience, kindness, the Holy Spirit, genuine Love; by truthful speech, and the power of GOD; with the weapons of righteousness for the right hand and for the left; through honor and dishonor, through slander and praise. We are treated as impostors, and yet are true; as unknown, and yet well known; as dying, and behold, we live; as punished, and yet not killed; as sorrowful, yet always rejoicing; as poor, yet making many rich; as having nothing, yet possessing everything."

2Corithians 8:7-15 "As you excel in everything—in faith, in speech, in knowledge, in all earnestness, and in our love for you—see that you excel in this act of Grace also. I say this not as a command, but to prove by the earnestness of others that your love also is genuine. For you know the Grace of our Lord Jesus Christ, that though HE was rich, yet for your sake HE became poor, so that you by His poverty might become rich. In this matter I give my judgment: this benefits you, who a year ago started not only to do this work but also to desire to do it. So now finish doing it as well, so that your readiness in desiring it may be matched by your completing it out of what you have. For if the readiness is there, it is acceptable according to what a person has, not according to what he does not have. For I do not mean that others should be eased and you burdened, but that as a matter of fairness your abundance at the present time should supply their need, so that their abundance may supply your need, that there may be fairness. As it is written, "Whoever gathered much had nothing left over, and whoever gathered little had no lack."



Revelation 2:9-11 (the LORD, Christ Jesus is speaking) "'I know your tribulation and your poverty (but you are rich) and the slander of those who say that they are Jews and are not, but are a synagogue of Satan. Do not fear what you are about to suffer. Behold, the devil is about to throw some of you into prison, that you may be tested, and for ten days you will have tribulation. Be faithful unto death, and I will give you the crown of life. He who has an ear, let him hear what the Spirit says to the churches. The one who conquers will not be hurt by the second death.'"

No comments:

Post a Comment