Sunday, September 11, 2016

Divine Spiritual Riches (when united to Christ)

While looking for another area of Christ's Revelation I got the sense that I had already covered much of this ground before, and I guess that is as it should be. After all, all this came about sometime after my wife and I, came out from among them, was what we had been hearing for quite a few years before it sunk into my head just what He had been saying. I can be slow to learn at times, at least back then I was that way. The LORD within each of us said, "come out from among them," but it did not register within me nor in my thick skill. But when He got through what a change came about. I would not tell any one to do as we have done because their out come would be different. Each of us have a different personality even though our character maybe almost alike or the same. One thing that I did begin to do was to sit some place quite and turn to Psalm 119 and read it through, out loud, and when the unction came I would say what I was told to while reading this Psalm. Now with the LORD's led, Pastor Hoekstra and his teaching on Grace. And then I will look at the Abundance of Salvation for the faithful, making use of the ESV translation.

 
"More on Living According to GOD's Word"


"You have dealt well with Your servant, O LORD, according to Your word . . . Let my cry come before You, O LORD; Give me understanding according to Your word." (Psalm 119:65, 169)

"Those who live according to GOD's word will characteristically have this testimony. "You have dealt well with Your servant, O LORD, according to Your word." This is true, because the word of GOD is our comprehensive source of the LORD's direction and of His provision. When GOD's mercy for salvation is needed for new life, one must turn to GOD's word. "Let Your mercies come also to me, O LORD — Your salvation according to Your word" (Psalm 119:41). When reviving is needed within those who have new life, one must again turn to GOD's word. "I am afflicted very much; Revive me, O LORD, according to Your word . . . My soul clings to the dust; Revive me according to Your word" (Psalm 119:107, 25). Whatever the need, the LORD invites us to face it according to His word. 

When we do not understand the issues of life that press painfully in upon us, it is again time to run to the LORD and His word. "Let my cry come before You, O LORD; Give me understanding according to Your word." So often, perplexities are our human plight. The word of the LORD can sort it all out.

When the circumstances around us, or the turmoil within us, bring great distress and bitterness, it is once again time to rely upon the LORD and His word. "Let, I pray, Your merciful kindness be for my comfort, according to Your word to Your servant" (Psalm 119:76). What comfort can fill our hearts, as we allow the LORD to speak words of peace and consolation from the scriptures into our restored and renewed spirit lives. 

When our inner man is so burdened that we imagine our spiritual strength is gone forever, we have another great opportunity to seek the LORD in His word. "My soul melts from heaviness; Strengthen me according to Your word" (Psalm 119:28). GOD's living and powerful word can bring strength anew to our weary spirit. 

When we are sinking into a sea of despondency, and often heavy depression, our GOD and His word are our spiritual sufficient remedy. "Uphold me according to Your word, that I may live; And do not let me be ashamed of my hope" (Psalm 119:116). His life-giving word sustains us, proving once more that our hope in the LORD the GOD of promises is never in vain.

When we are trapped or bound and need to be set free, GOD will again rescue us through His mighty word. "Let my supplication come before You; Deliver me according to Your word" (Psalm 119:170). The LORD is our great deliverer! His great Salvation strengthen our soul and spirit from deep within us, where we need Him most."


Abundant Salvation for the faithful:

Become Radiant as Stars,


Daniel 12:1-4 "At that time shall arise Michael, the great prince who has charge of your people. There shall be a time of trouble, such as never has been since there was a nation till that time. But at that time your people shall be delivered, everyone whose name shall be found written in the book. And many of those who sleep in the dust of the earth shall awake, some to everlasting life, and some to shame and everlasting contempt. Those who are wise shall shine like the brightness of the sky above; and those who turn many to righteousness, like the stars forever and ever. But you, Daniel, shut up the words and seal the book, until the time of the end. Many shall run to and fro, and knowledge shall increase.""


Receive a Royal Welcome in Heaven,


Matthew 25:34-40 "Then the King will say to those on His right, 'Come, you who are blessed by My Father, inherit the kingdom prepared for you from the foundation of the world. For I was hungry and you gave me food, I was thirsty and you gave me drink, I was a stranger and you welcomed Me, I was naked and you clothed Me, I was sick and you visited Me, I was in prison and you came to Me.' [This is speaking of those who are One in the LORD in an unbreakable union of Spirit to spirit.] Then the righteous will answer Him, saying, 'LORD, when did we see You hungry and feed You, or thirsty and give You drink? When did we see You a stranger and welcome You, or naked and clothe You? And when did we see You sick or in prison and visit You?' And the King will answer them, 'Truly, I say to you, as you did it to one of the least of these My brothers, you did it to Me.'"


Afflictions add to the Final Glory,


2Corinthians 4:16-5:5 "So we do not lose heart. Though our outer self is wasting away, our inner self [our spirit] is being renewed day by day. For this light momentary affliction is preparing for us an eternal weight of glory beyond all comparison, as we look not to the things that are seen but to the things that are unseen. For the things that are seen are transient [perishing before our eyes while we remain in this body of sin], but the things that are unseen are eternal. For we know that if the tent that is our earthly home is destroyed, we have a building from GOD, a house not made with hands, Eternal in the heavens. For in this tent we groan, longing to put on our heavenly dwelling, if indeed by putting it on we may not be found naked. For while we are still in this tent, we groan, being burdened—not that we would be unclothed, but that we would be further clothed, so that what is mortal may be swallowed up by Life. He Who has prepared us for this very thing is GOD, Who has given us the Spirit as a guarantee [His seal as our patriarch Father]."


Accorded a Triumphant Entrance into Heaven,


2Peter 1:1-11 "Simeon Peter, a servant and apostle of Jesus Christ,
To those who have obtained a faith of equal standing with ours by the righteousness of our GOD and Savior Jesus Christ: May Grace and Peace be multiplied to you in the knowledge of GOD and of Jesus our LORD. His divine power has granted to us all things that pertain to [renewed-restored spiritual eternal] Life and godliness, through the knowledge of Him Who calls us to His own glory and excellence, by (through) which HE has granted to us His precious and very great promises, so that through them you may become partakers of the [His] divine nature, having escaped from the corruption that is in the world because of sinful desire. For this very reason, make every effort to supplement your faith with virtue, and virtue with knowledge, and knowledge with self-control, and self-control with steadfastness, and steadfastness with godliness, and godliness with brotherly affection, and brotherly affection with love. For if these qualities are yours and are increasing, they will keep you from being ineffective or unfruitful in the knowledge of our Lord Jesus Christ. For whoever lacks these qualities is so nearsighted that he is blind, having forgotten that he was cleansed from his former sins [through our receiving His redemption]. Therefore, brothers, be all the more diligent to confirm your calling and election, for if you practice these qualities you will never fall. For in this way there will be richly provided for you an entrance into the eternal kingdom of our LORD and Savior Jesus Christ."


Given a Place Near the Throne,


Revelation 7:13-17 "Then one of the elders addressed me, saying, "Who are these, clothed in white robes, and from where have they come?" I said to him, "Sir, you know." He said to me, "These are the ones coming out of the great tribulation. They have washed their robes and made them white in the blood of the Lamb. "Therefore they are before the throne of GOD, and serve Him day and night in His temple; and HE Who sits on the throne will shelter them with His presence.  They shall hunger no more, neither thirst anymore; the sun shall not strike them, nor any scorching heat. For the Lamb in the midst of the throne will be their shepherd, and He Will guide them to springs of living water, and GOD Will wipe away every tear from their eyes.""

No comments:

Post a Comment