Sunday, March 24, 2019

The saga of "The Secret of GOD", as shown in 1Corinthians 4:14; the renewed mind and our victory as foretold.

Jumping right in at verse 14 of 1Corinthians 4 which shall take us into chapter 5 where immorality is spoken of, which is said to defile the whole church. And remember that we have seen that the church is our own body as the living temple of GOD's indwelling so our body is not our own, never was never will be. This is repeated again in 2Corinthians 6:16. And the body is representative of our human form and our common humanity which Jesus also shared in common with our form. This is what distinguishes man from the animal realm, where flesh is concerned, alone with the breath of GOD given at our birth, that is life animation within us, and it is this life that is also in our blood alone with water.


1Corinthians 4:14-5:2 "I write not these things to shame you, but as my beloved sons I warn you. For though ye have ten thousand instructors in Christ, yet have ye not many fathers: for in Christ Jesus I have begotten you through the gospel. Wherefore I beseech you, be ye followers of me. For this cause have I sent unto you Timotheus, who is my beloved son, and faithful in the Lord, who shall bring you into remembrance of my ways which be in Christ, as I teach every where in every church. Now some are puffed up, as though I would not come to you. But I will come to you shortly, if the Lord will, and will know, not the speech of them which are puffed up, but the power. For the kingdom of God is not in word, but in power. What will ye? shall I come unto you with a rod, or in love, and in the spirit of meekness?  For it is reported commonly that there is fornication among you, and such fornication as is not so much as named among the Gentiles, that one should have his father's wife. And ye are puffed up, and have not rather mourned, that he that hath done this deed might be taken away from among you." (KJV)

1Corinthians 4:14-5:2 "I do not write these things to make you ashamed, but to admonish you as my beloved children. For though you have countless guides in Christ, you do not have many fathers. For I became your father in Christ Jesus through the gospel. I urge you, then, be imitators of me. That is why I sent you Timothy, my beloved and faithful child in the Lord, to remind you of my ways in Christ, as I teach them everywhere in every church. Some are arrogant, as though I were not coming to you. But I will come to you soon, if the Lord wills, and I will find out not the talk of these arrogant people but their power. For the kingdom of God does not consist in talk but in power. What do you wish? Shall I come to you with a rod, or with love in a spirit of gentleness? For it is actually reported that there is sexual immorality among you, and of a kind that is not tolerated even among pagans, for a man has his father's wife. And you are arrogant! Ought you not rather to mourn? Let him who has done this be removed from among you." (ESV)

1Corinthians 4:14-5:2 "My intention is not to embarrass you. I bring these things to your attention because you are my very dear children. While you may have countless mentors supervising your lives, you do not have many fathers; for in Christ Jesus I have begotten you through the Gospel. I therefore summon you urgently to mirror my message. This is why I send my beloved son Timothy to you. He is rock-solid in his faith. He shall remind you of me and reinforce my specific message and emphasis in every place and every church I visit. (Paul's emphasis is unique in the way he taught the "in Christ," and "the Christ in you," and his finished work-message. "There is no other gospel in spite of the many so-called Christian products branded "gospel." If any hint of the Law remains, it is not good news but is merely religious foolishness of religious people's ideas, distracting from the gospel of Christ." [Look at Galatians 1:7] "This is the heart of the gospel that I proclaim; it began with an unveiling of his sonship in me, freeing me to announce the same sonship in the message of non-Jewish people. I felt no immediate urgency to compare notes with those who were familiar with Christ from a mere historic point of view." [Galatians 1:16]  text is quite clear, The Greek text is quite clear, "It pleased the Father to reveal his Son in me in order that I may proclaim him in the nations!" The word, [G1722 next to G1698] en emoi, is translated as "in me," and [G1722, G1484]  en ethnos is translated as in the Gentile nations[G1484], or the masses of non Jewish people! Not "among" the converted or the conversion of the Greeks in Acts 11, instead of reporting his findings to HQ in Jerusalem, he immediately finds Paul, knowing that Paul's gospel is the revelation of the mystery of Christ in the nations [see also Colossians 1:27]. No wonder then that those believers were the first to be called "Christians," or Christ-like! For the Son of GOD, Jesus Christ, Whom we proclaim in you, Silvanus and Timothy and I, were not Yes and No; but in him it is always YES! [2Corithians 1:17]) I know some of you have the vaunted idea that my message and I will just vanish off the face of the earth! You cannot wish me away! In the LORD's purpose I might show up sooner than what you think; then we will know if there is any dynamic in their inflated talk. The kingdom of GOD (the dominion of the Christ life) is about an empowered life and not just a matter of quoting your favorite teacher or Scripture!Would you prefer it if I come to you with a whip-in-hand approach or with a loving, gentile spirit? There is a scandal reported among you, a seual matter in your ranks has become public news: someone is said to have slept with his stepmother. This kind of behavior is not even tolerated in common society in general, let alone among believers! And you are engaged in discussing doctrine and organizing denominations! (Chapter 1:10-13) This is heartbreaking! This shameful situation should have been dealt with in the most urgent manner by clearly distancing yourselves from such behavior and even going as far as disassociating yourselves from this person. (In the first four chapter Paul makes it very clear that this gospel is not an excuse to disguise sin but to remove it! Anyone who suggests that grace is a license to sin is fuel for fire! [Look at 1Corinthians 3:12-15] ) (The Mirror)

We the LORD willing shall pick this back up next time. Until then may our LORD richly bless you and yours in the knowledge of him.

No comments:

Post a Comment