Sunday, March 24, 2019

The saga of "The Secret of GOD;" the renewed mind and our victory as foretold.

In the post work that I did earlier today I brought up the term "hypocrisy." And now I want to take a moment or two to look at it from a renewed mind-set of righteousness and innocence, all of which is GOD's doing, as a gift given us. I drew from Webster's II dictionary in my thought on this word used in the introduction of that post. I now want to drew from Webster's 1828 dictionary, because it speaks from a religious since, to see what it says. I might note that where religion is spoken of we should think humanity. For the secret or mystery of Christ is that humanity is in the makeup of Jesus as the son of man, who shared our commonness of human form. Once this is fully understood all else falls into place. Now here is what Daniel Webster's 1828 dictionary says:

"HYPOC'RISY, n. [L. hypocrisis; Gr. simulation; to feign; to separate, discern or judge.]

1. Simulation; a feigning to be what one is not; or dissimulation, a concealment of one's real character or motives. More generally, hypocrisy is simulation, or the assuming of a false appearance of virtue or religion; a deceitful show of a good character, in morals or religion; a counterfeiting of religion.

Beware ye of the leaven of the Pharisees, which is hypocrisy. Luke 12.

2. Simulation; deceitful appearance; false pretence.

Hypocrisy is the necessary burden of villainy."

"HYP'OCRITE, n.

1. One who feigns to be what he is not; one who has the form of godliness without the power, or who assumes an appearance of piety and virtue, when he is destitute of true religion.
!
And the hypocrite's hope shall perish. Job 8.

2. A dissembler; one who assumes a false appearance.

Fair hypocrite, you seek to cheat in vain."


Now what is stated here reveals that the teachings of the church, religion, as known is wrong for it assumes a hypocritical stance. Religion says, "you are not," when GOD says, "you are." And when this is applies in the way of religion it is wrong. For it is the leaven of the Pharisees. So the church is the influence of wrong confessions that hinder even when quoting scripture with the wrong mind-set. The mind-set of, "I am not!" When Jesus said, "I am." And that is our lesson, "I am," as GOD sees me and knows me. I agree with GOD and I win every-time I do.

No comments:

Post a Comment