Tuesday, March 5, 2019

The saga of "The Secret of GOD", taken from Romans 15.1, the renewed mind and our victory as foretold.

We are now well into chapter 15 of Romans and about to pick back up where Paul explains that he is assigned the ministry to the Gentiles who before the Cross were discarded by the Jews as worthless and therefore treated by them and considered as dogs. But now he has a new vision because of the work done within him by GOD's own Spirit renewed, or awakened by GOD within him, man, that is to say all of humanity having been reconciled by the actions of the Cross, the pivotal turning point of human history. Where judgment took place and humanity was forever released from the chains of religions slavery of sins hold for eating of the fruit of the for bidden tree. This day also spoken of in Jewish Scriptures as the "Day of the LORD," now there remains yet another day when the hearts of all others will be judged not by man but rather the Son.


Romans 15:14-21 And I myself also am persuaded of you, my brethren, that ye also are full of goodness, filled with all knowledge, able also to admonish one another. Nevertheless, brethren, I have written the more boldly unto you in some sort [G575 G3313], as putting you in mind, because of the grace that is given to me of God, that I should be the minister of Jesus Christ to the Gentiles [G1484], ministering the gospel of God, that the offering up of the Gentiles might be acceptable, being sanctified by the Holy Ghost. I have therefore whereof I may glory through Jesus Christ in those things which pertain to God. For I will not dare to speak of any of those things which Christ hath not wrought by me, to make the Gentiles obedient, by word and deed, through mighty signs and wonders, by the power of the Spirit of God; so that from Jerusalem, and round about unto Illyricum, I have fully preached the gospel of Christ. Yea, so have I strive to preach the gospel, not where Christ was named, lest I should build upon another man's foundation: But as it is written [by Isaiah in 52:15], "To whom he was not spoken of, they shall see: and they that have not heard shall understand." (KJV)

Romans 15:14-21 "I myself am satisfied about you, my brothers, that you yourselves are full of goodness [G575 G3313], filled with all knowledge and able to instruct one another. But on some points I have written to you very boldly by way of reminder, because of the grace given me by God to be a minister of Christ Jesus to the Gentiles [G1484] in the priestly service of the gospel of God, so that the offering of the Gentiles may be acceptable, sanctified by the Holy Spirit. In Christ Jesus, then, I have reason to be proud of my work for God. For I will not venture to speak of anything except what Christ has accomplished through me to bring the Gentiles to obedience—by word and deed, by the power of signs and wonders, by the power of the Spirit of God—so that from Jerusalem and all the way around to Illyricum I have fulfilled the ministry of the gospel of Christ; And thus I make it my ambition to preach the gospel, not where Christ has already been named, lest I build on someone else's foundation, for as it is written [by Isaiah in 52:15], "Those who have never been told of him will see, and those who have never heard will understand." (ESV)

Romans 15:14-21 "I am completely persuaded about you, Friends, that you are able to mutually instruct one another in the full measure of the knowledge of everything that is good in you. GOD's gift of Grace is the motivation of my writing to you; I urge you to remember your [1,G575 G3313]] allotted portion in life. (The word, [1, G3313] meros, means from or allotted portion; note the word translated as [G266 is from G264 with the base of G3313]"sin" is hameros, which means to be without form, without your allotted form or portion. Every sin springs thus from someone's sense of unfulfillment (involvement) and lack, due to their ignorance concerning those things which rightfully belong to them, their true spiritual identity, their redeemed innocence, and their participating in the Divine nature which is their inheritance of Christ.) It is because of Jesus Christ that I am in the people business. I occupy this priestly office representing the goodness of GOD to [1, G1484] the masses of humanity persuading them to see how presentable and approved they are to GOD in the Holy Spirit. (The word [1, G1484] ethnos, means the masses of non-Jewish people, gentiles.) Because of who I am in Christ Jesus, I have taken a bold stand before GOD. I could entertain you with all the details of my personal adventures, yet all I desire to communicate is how GOD actively workers Christ into my person through my words to grab the attention of the nations. The message is confirmed in every sign and miracle in the power of the Holy Spirit. Thus, I went full circle from Jerusalem to Illyricum proclaiming the glad tidings of Christ in its most complete context. (Taking Jerusalem as a center, Paul preached not only in Damascus and Arabia, but in Syria, in Asia Minor, in all of Greece, in the Grecian Islands, and in Thessaly and Macedonia. Illyricum was a country of Europe extending from the Adriatic Gulf to Pannonia; it extended from the river Arsia to the river Drinius thus including Liburnia on the west and Dalmatis on the est. It now froms part of Croatia, Bosnia, Istria, and Slavonia.) I have placed such fond value on the fact that I could pioneer the glad tidings in many of these areas without building on someone else's interpretation of Christ. Isaiah [in 52:15] prophesied that, "Those who have never been told about him, will be startled to see him clearly; even though they have never heard of him, they will understand his message." (The message of truth speaks a global language. Paul says that the open statement of the truth, which is the Word made flesh in us in the mirror reflection of Christ, appeals to everyone's conscience [2Corinthinas 4:2]. "Our lives are letters known and read by all." [2Corinthians 3:2]) (The Mirror)

And so we close for this post on that note. The LORD willing we shall close this book and chapter next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment