Sunday, March 31, 2019

The saga of "The Secret of GOD", as shown in 1Corinthians 7:1; the renewed mind and our victory as foretold.

In chapter 7 Paul spends sometime talking on marriage so lets see what we can glean from his and the Holy Spirits stand point, for we all need help. Unless we remain single, as Paul says he was.


1Corinthians 7:1-7 "Now concerning the things whereof ye wrote unto me: It is good for a man not to touch a woman. Nevertheless, to avoid fornication, let every man have his own wife, and let every woman have her own husband. Let the husband render unto the wife due benevolence: and likewise also the wife unto the husband. The wife hath not power of her own body, but the husband: and likewise also the husband hath not power of his own body, but the wife. Defraud ye not one the other, except it be with consent for a time, that ye may give yourselves to fasting and prayer; and come together again, that Satan tempt you not for your incontinency. But I speak this by permission, and not of commandment. For I would that all men were even as I myself. But every man hath his proper gift of God, one after this manner, and another after that." (KJV)

1Corinthians 7:1-7 "Now concerning the matters about which you wrote: "It is good for a man not to have sexual relations with a woman." But because of the temptation to sexual immorality, each man should have his own wife and each woman her own husband. The husband should give to his wife her conjugal rights, and likewise the wife to her husband. For the wife does not have authority over her own body, but the husband does. Likewise the husband does not have authority over his own body, but the wife does. Do not deprive one another, except perhaps by agreement for a limited time, that you may devote yourselves to prayer; but then come together again, so that Satan may not tempt you because of your lack of self-control. Now as a concession, not a command, I say this. I wish that all were as I myself am. But each has his own gift from God, one of one kind and one of another." (ESV)

1Corinthians 7:1-7 "In your writing to me you asked questions about marriage. (The fact that I am not married does not mean that I am against marriage.) Where a man is attached to his wife and she to him they are sexually secure. Marriage provides the ideal environment for both husband and wife to mutually esteem one another. The wife belongs to her husband and he belongs to her. Their bodies are no longer their own. By mutual agreement they may decide to abstain from physical contact for a specific period of time for prayer and fasting; not for prolonged times since this might give occasion for temptation. I am not making rules about marriage; this is simply my advice to you in responce to your request. I could recommend my own life to everyone; yet I am convinced that life is a gift whether you are single or married." (The Mirror)

We shall pick backup next time with verse 8, the LORD willing. Until then, may you learn from the Prince of Peace, to have peace with your fellow humanity as your increase in the knowledge of the LORD!

No comments:

Post a Comment