Monday, April 1, 2019

The saga of "The Secret of GOD", as shown in the Corinthians 7:8, 10; the renewed mind and our victory as foretold.

In this post I will look at two thoughts found in chapter 7 of 1Corinthians, they are in verse 8-9 and 10-11 and if these don't prove to be to lengthy I may also do verses 12-16. As my wife tells me that i can tend to get to lengthy at times, and therefore loose many because of that.


1Corinthians 7:8-9 "I say therefore to the unmarried and widows, it is good for them if they abide even as I. But if they cannot contain, let them marry: for it is better to marry than to burn." (KJV)

1Corithians 7:8-9 "To the unmarried and the widows I say that it is good for them to remain single as I am. But if they cannot exercise self-control, they should marry. For it is better to marry than to burn with passion." (ESV)

1Corinthians 7:8-9 "My advice to the the unmarried as well as to those who have lost their partner; it might be to your best interest to remain single even as I am. Again, I am not laying down a law; much rather face the challenges of marriage than be consumed with desire!" (The Mirror)


1Corinthians 7:10-11 "And unto the married I command, yet not I, but the Lord, Let not the wife depart from her husband: But and if she depart, let her remain unmarried, or be reconciled to her husband: and let not the husband put away his wife." (KJV)

1Corinthians 7:10-11 "To the married I give this charge (not I, but the Lord): the wife should not separate from her husband (but if she does, she should remain unmarried or else be reconciled to her husband), and the husband should not divorce his wife." (ESV)

1Corinthians 7:10-11 "Concerning your questions about divorce, I am strongly opposed to the idea; and this is not merely my advice, this is the LORD's instruction. If the wife leaves her husband she is not to get remarried; her only option would be to be reconciled to her husband. In that case the husband may not resist her." (The Mirror)

In the next paragraph Paul deals with the unbelieving spouse, this we shall look at, the LORD willing next time. Until then may our GOD richly bless you and yours.

No comments:

Post a Comment