Saturday, April 13, 2019

The saga of "The Secret of GOD", as shown in 1Corinthians 9:19; the renewed mind and our victory as foretold

Paul here in 1Corinthians 9 shows the true posture that all of GOD's redeemed humanity should take. Lesson to his words as he explains his standing among the redeemed, who do not know that they are. This could be why so many of the worlds system of religion by pass Paul and some even go so far as to malign him all together, still. Now lesson closely as Paul being a lawyer speaks as a lawyer and this kind language is confusing to the un-inititated in the law. For Paul herein makes used of the mind of Christ in his understanding (reasoning) that the Jewish systems of does and do not's of the Law are now a by-gone thing.


1Corinthians 9:19-23 "For though I be free from all men, yet have I made myself servant unto all, that I might gain the more. And unto the Jews I became as a Jew, that I might gain the Jews; to them that are under the Law, as under the Law, that I might gain them that are under the Law; To them that are without law, as without law, (being not without law to God, but under the law to Christ,) that I might gain them that are without law. To the weak became I as weak, that I might gain the weak: I am made all things to all men, that I might by all means save some. And this I do for the gospel's sake, that I might be partaker thereof with you." (KJV)

1Corinthians 9:19-23 "For though I am free from all, I have made myself a servant to all, that I might win more of them. To the Jews I became as a Jew, in order to win Jews. To those under the Law I became as one under the Law (though not being myself [in Christ all humanity is released from the Law of condemnation] under the Law) that I might win those under the Law. To those outside the law I became as one outside the law (not being outside the law of God but under the law of Christ) that I might win those outside the law. To the weak I became weak, that I might win the weak. I have become all things to all people, that by all means I might save some. I do it all for the sake of the gospel, that I may share with them in its blessings." (ESV)

1Corinthians 9:19-23 "So in a sense I am free from everyone's expectation or management; yet I have voluntarily enslaved myself to all [GOD's redeemed humanity] people. This beats any other motivation to influence people. I am like a Jew to the Jew to win them; I am disguised as a legalistic to win those stuck under the Law! To the Gentiles who have no regard for Jewish sentiment, I bcame like one without any obligation to Jewish Laws to win them! Don't get me wrong; I am not sinning to identify with the sinners! I am in the law of Christ! (The original law!) I am so persuaded about every person's inclusion in Christ that I desire to be everything I need to be in order to win everyone's understanding of their own union with Christ. I do not present myself as super strong to the weak, but rather expose myself to their weakness in order to win them. I do not distance myself from anyone. My mission is to be exactly what is required of me in every possible situation to awaken every kind of person, whoever they are, to own their salvation! I have no other agenda. (Traditionally translated, "in order to save some;" I do not believe that this is what Paul is saying here! The word, tis, can also suggest every single kind.) The gospel explains my lifestyle; it is so much more than a pulpit ministry to me. My life is inseparably joined to you in the fellowship of the Good News!" (The Mirror)

We shall finish this chapter next time the LORD willing. Until then may he increase your faith and light of his doings.

No comments:

Post a Comment