Wednesday, April 10, 2019

The saga of "The Secret of GOD", as shown in 1Corinthians 9:1; with a renewed mind and our victory as foretold.

In chapter 9 Paul talks about what he has done that Israel to this very day has not, and that is to surrender his rights, what every they may be to GOD. My study Bibles head this chapter as, one "Paul's Use of Liberty" and "Paul Surrenders His Rights." Had Israel done this the world may have turned in another or different direction after the death of Jesus and humanity within him. Perhaps if my Jewish friend would hear and see what we as GODS redeemed Saints hear and see they could become one with us as well and thereby bring the beginning of the prophesied end.


1Corinthians 9:1-7 "Am I not an apostle? am I not free? have I not seen Jesus Christ our Lord? are not ye my work in the Lord? If I be not an apostle unto others, yet doubtless I am to you: for the seal of mine apostleship are ye in the Lord. Mine answer to them that do examine me is this, have we not power to eat and to drink? Have we not power to lead about a sister, a wife, as well as other apostles, and as the brethren of the Lord, and Cephas? Or I only and Barnabas, have not we power to forbear working? Who goeth a warfare any time at his own charges? who planteth a vineyard, and eateth not of the fruit thereof? or who feedeth a flock, and eateth not of the milk of the flock?" (KJV)

1Corinthians 9:1-7 "Am I not free? Am I not an apostle? Have I not seen Jesus our Lord? Are not you my workmanship in the Lord? If to others I am not an apostle, at least I am to you, for you are the seal of my apostleship in the Lord. This is my defense to those who would examine me. Do we not have the right to eat and drink? Do we not have the right to take along a believing wife, as do the other apostles and the brothers of the Lord and Cephas? Or is it only Barnabas and I who have no right to refrain from working for a living? Who serves as a soldier at his own expense? Who plants a vineyard without eating any of its fruit? Or who tends a flock without getting some of the milk?" (ESV)

1Corinthians 9:1-7 "There seems to be different criteria whereby our ministries are judged; some Apostles seem to have liberties that others don't; in terms of their diets, financial benefits, plus the luxury to be accompanied by their wives. Would the brothers of Jesus and Kefas be rated higher than Barnabas and I among you? What would you say qualifies my commission to you? The fact that I have had a face-to-face encounter with our Master Jesus Christ followed by the impact and fruit of my ministry to you can surely not count against me? Imagine a soldier goes to war at his own expense! I mean how absurd! Yet it is almost taken for granted that Barnabas and I have to earn our own living not to burden the very people we established and daily feed in their faith!" (The Mirror)

We shall the LORD willing continue Paul's talk next we get together. Until then may the LORD increase your understanding of Him.

No comments:

Post a Comment