Thursday, April 25, 2019

The saga of "The Secret of GOD", as shown in 1Corinthians 12:27; the renewed mind and our victory as foretold.

We are now at the end of chapter 12 and shortly will be in the Love chapter of 1Corinthians 13.


1Corinthians 12:27-13:3 "Now ye are the body of Christ, and members in (G1537) particular (G3313). And God hath set some in the church, first apostles, secondarily prophets, thirdly teachers, after that miracles, then gifts of healings, helps (G484), governments(G2941), diversities of tongues. Are all apostles? are all prophets? are all teachers? are all workers of miracles? Have all the gifts of healing? do all speak with tongues? do all interpret? But covet earnestly the best gifts: And yet shew I unto you a more excellent way. Though I speak with the tongues of men and of angels, and have not charity(G26), I am become as sounding brass, or a tinkling cymbal. And though I have the gift of prophecy, and understand all mysteries, and all knowledge; and though I have all faith, so that I could remove mountains, and have not charity, I am nothing. And though I bestow all my goods to feed the poor, and though I give my body to be burned, and have not charity, it profiteth me nothing." (KJV)

1Corinthians 12:27-13:3 "Now you are the body of Christ and individually members of it (G1537 with G3313). And God has appointed in the church first apostles, second prophets, third teachers, then miracles, then gifts of healing, helping (G484), administrating(G2941), and various kinds of tongues. Are all apostles? Are all prophets? Are all teachers? Do all work miracles? Do all possess gifts of healing? Do all speak with tongues? Do all interpret? But earnestly desire the higher gifts. And I will show you a still more excellent way. If I speak in the tongues of men and of angels, but have not love(G26), I am a noisy gong or a clanging cymbal. And if I have prophetic powers, and understand all mysteries and all knowledge, and if I have all faith, so as to remove mountains, but have not love, I am nothing. If I give away all I have, and if I deliver up my body to be burned, but have not love, I gain nothing." (ESV)

1Corinthians 12:27-13:3 "You are the Body of Christ; individually as much as you are his body corporately. Everyone of you mirrors him. [1, G1537]He defines your [2, G3313]form. The individual member does not give context to the body; the body gives context to the member. ("Members in particular" or individually comes from [1, G1537] ek, a preposition that always denotes origin and [2, G3313] meros, which means a part or portion of.) Wherever GOD places you in the body is to co-compliment the full function of the Ekklesia. The seemingly most prominent and visible gifts are the apostolic, then the prophetic, the teachers, the workers of miracles, those gifted with healing various diseases. Then there are those who can fulfill any role required of them for the moment; they are the ones who can [1,G484]stand in full support to assist any of the other gifts! The administrators are gifted to [2]manage the various functions of the Ekklesia with great skill. Then there are those gifted in languages. (The word, [1, G484 from G482] antilepsis, means to lay hold of together; the word, [2, G2941] kubernesis comes from kubernao, which is Latin for "to steer." No one is more important than the other! An apostle is not a title! To be "apostolic" simply explains that you are gifted with a specific function, which includes your commiision to poineer new frontiers as well as to take leadership initiative with wisdom and passion. A gift can never be mistaken with reward! Your gift does not define you; so don't let people call Mr. Prophet! [See Ephesians 4:11]
What GOD now has in us is gift wrapped to the world; some are commissioned to pioneer; others are gifted prophetically; some gifted as announcers of good news; some are Shepherds with a real gift to care and nurture, and others have a gift to ignite instruction through revelation knowledge.
Each expression of his gift is to fully equip and enable the Saints for the work of the ministry so that they may mutually contribute in their specific function to give definition to the visible body of Christ [Ephesians 4:12].) Everyone is not an apostle, or a Prophet, or a teacher, or a miracle worker! (Your gift does not exalt you above anyone else; it is clear then that there can be neither competition nor any ground for boasting. The gifts do not compete with each other; instead each gift compliment the other.) All are not specifically gifted as healers. All do not necessarily speak in tongues. Are all equally accurate in their interpretation of what was said in a foreign tongue? (The point is not how gifted you are in yourself, but how effective you are to equip others to discover themselves in the full stature of Christ.) While you are keen to discover which are your favorite gifts, allow me to introduce you to the summum bonum of  life. This transcends all! (summum bonum - the highest good - Latin.) Speaking in tongues is not the point; "[1,G26] Love is. It is neither Angelic eloquence, nor the mastery of human language that persuades. It doesn't matter how poetic, prophetic, or profound I may sound; my conversation is reduced to the hollow noise of clanging brass cymbals if love's echo is absent. (The Greek word for the love of GOD is [1, G26 from G25 compare to H5689] agope which is from the word(G25), agoo, meaning to lead like a Shepherd guides his sheep, and pao, which means to rest (Genesis 2:1-3), i.e. "he leads me besides still waters." By the waters of reflection my soul remembers who I am [Psalm 23]. GOD's rest is established upon his image and likeness redeemed in us. Thus, to encounter agape is to remember who I am. Jesus the Savior of humanity rescued GOD's image and likeness in human form. The grace of GOD shines as bright as day making the salvation of humanity undeniably visible [Titus 2:11].) I could predict the future in detail and have a word of knowledge for everyone. I could possess amazing faith, and prove it by moving mountains! It doesn't make me any more important than anyone else. Love is who you are! You are not defined by your gift or deeds. (Love gives context to faith. Moving mountains is not the point, love is.) Love is not about defending a point of view; even if i am prepared to give away everything I have and die a martyr's death; love does not have tp prove itself by acts of supreme devotion or self sacrifice!" (The Mirror)

Until next time when we shall, the LORD willing, pick back up here in the Love chapter.

No comments:

Post a Comment