Sunday, April 21, 2019

The saga of "The Secret of GOD", as shown in 1Corinthians 11:23; the renewed mind and our victory as foretold

In our last visit Paul was scolding his Corinthian followers for their bad behavior before the LORD. Now he gets into the meat of the LORD's Supper as our Passover meal. Lets see what we can learn from his discourse and how we can apply this knowledge to our own everyday behavior and life. I may break this up into two posts.


1Corinthians 11:23-26 "For I have received of the Lord that which also I delivered unto you, That the Lord Jesus the same night in which he was betrayed took bread: And when he had given thanks, he brake it, and said, Take, eat: this is my body, which is broken (G2983) for you: this do in remembrance of me. After the same manner also he took the cup, when he had supped, saying, This cup is the new testament in my blood: this do ye, as oft as ye drink it, in remembrance of me. For as often as ye eat this bread, and drink this cup, ye do shew the Lord's death till (G891) he come." (KJV)

1Corinthians 11:23-26 "For I received from the Lord what I also delivered to you, that the Lord Jesus on the night when he was betrayed took bread, and when he had given thanks, he broke it, and said, "'This is my body which is for you (G2983). Do this in remembrance of me.'" In the same way also he took the cup, after supper, saying, "'This cup is the new covenant in my blood. Do this, as often as you drink it, in remembrance of me.'" For as often as you eat this bread and drink the cup, you proclaim the Lord's death until (G891) he comes." (ESV)

1Corinthians 11:23-26 "Let me remind you then what we are actually celebrating in our fellowship meal: The night in which the Lord Jesus was betrayed, he took bread and gave thanks; breaking the bread into portions, he said, "'[1(G2983)]Realize your association with my death, every time you eat, remember my body (is your humanity) that was broken for you!'" (Meaning [1, G2983] take, grasp, lambamo, to take what is one's own, to get hold of, to associate with one's self.) He did exactly the same with the cup after supper and said, "'This cup holds the wine of the New Covenant in my blood; you celebrate me every time you drink with this understanding. (From now on our meals are meaningful. We celebrate the fact that the incarnation reveals our redemption; the promise became a person.
He redeemed our original value, identity, and innocence; he died our death and defines the life we now live. He fulfills the theme of Scripture: the suffering of the Messiah and the subsequent glory! [1Peter 1:10-11] ) Your every meal makes the [1, G891]mandate of his [2, G2064]coming relevant and communicates the meaning of the New Covenant. (Whether you eat or drink, you are declaring your joint inclusion in his death and resurrection, confirming your redeemed innocence. Some translations read, "until I come...." The word translated until is, [1, G891] achri, and it is from (G206 from its base of G188) akmen, which means extremity, conclusion, the present time; Jesus is the conclusion of prophetic time! The word [2, G2064] erchomai, to come is in the Aorist Subjunction Mood form of, elthe, which meaning is similar to the Optative expressing a wish. The Mood of the Greek verb expresses the mode in which the idea of the verb in employed. Thus, we are communicating the desire to have all people realize the meaning of the New Covenant. Look at 2Peter 1:19, "For us the appearing of the Messiah in no longer a future promise for it is a fulfilled reality. Now it is your turn to have more than a second-hand, hear-say testimony. Take my word as one would take a lamp at night; the day is about to dawn for you in your own understanding. When the Morning Star appears, you no longer need a lamp; this will happen shortly on the horizon of your own hearts." ) (The Mirror)

Until next time may the LORD bring to pass our own acceptance of his revelation.

No comments:

Post a Comment