Saturday, April 20, 2019

The saga of "The Secret of GOD", as shown in the 1Corinthians 11:17; the renewed mind and our victory as foretold

In our last visit I left verse 17 out of the subject matter as it says that Paul was not happy with the way this church brutalized its assembling. So I will now pick it up as the lead in, what he states next. Remember that he revealed a religious tradition that is now debunked, with the judgment of the cross having taken place, which set all free from the bondage's of religion!

1Corinthians 11:17-22 "Now in this that I declare unto you I praise you not, that ye come together not for the better, but for the worse.
For first of all, when ye come together in the church, I hear that there be divisions among you; and I partly believe it. For there must be also heresies among you, that they which are approved may be made manifest among you. When ye come together therefore into one place, this is not to eat the Lord's supper. For in eating every one taketh before other his own supper: and one is hungry, and another is drunken. What? have ye not houses to eat and to drink in? or despise ye the church of God, and shame them that have not? What shall I say to you? shall I praise you in this? I praise you not." (KJV)

1Corinthians 11:17-22 "But in the following instructions I do not commend you, because when you come together it is not for the better but for the worse.
For, in the first place, when you come together as a church, I hear that there are divisions among you. And I believe it in part, for there must be factions among you in order that those who are genuine among you may be recognized. When you come together, it is not the Lord's supper that you eat. For in eating, each one goes ahead with his own meal. One goes hungry, another gets drunk. What! Do you not have houses to eat and drink in? Or do you despise the church of God and humiliate those who have nothing? What shall I say to you? Shall I commend you in this? No, I will not." (ESV)

1Corinthians 11:18-22 "My priority concern is that you are divided into different and distracting opinions when you gather as a church. Our focus is the nitty-gritty essence of the gospel. I believe in oneness not division. The only advantage of any controversy is that the authentic becomes even more apparent in you. What I heard is most disturbing: when you get together for a fellowship meal, instead of celebrating what the LORD's communion introduced, some behave like gluttons while others are starving; then there are those who get wasted on wine. If you want to over indulge then do so in the privacy of your own homes! Why despise the assembly and insult the poor in the process! This is most disgusting! I am disappointed in you." (The Mirror)

From here on Paul explains the LORD's Supper. Which we shall do the LORD willing. Until then may he increase our understanding of his light, in us all.

No comments:

Post a Comment