Monday, March 25, 2019

The saga of "The Secret of GOD", as shown in 1Corinthians 5:3; with a renewed mind and our victory as foretold.

Here we are at 1Corinthians 5 and verse 3 with nothing to say, or at least it seems that way for the moment. Paul in this short paragraph tells his readers that immorality defiles the whole body of those gathers as a unit of One. The one thing that should stand out is in the last thought dealing with harboring a fallen mindset or an evil imagination.


1Corrinthians 5:3-5 "For I verily, as absent in body, but present in spirit, have judged already, as though I were present, concerning him that hath so done this deed, in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, when ye are gathered together, and my spirit, with the power of our Lord Jesus Christ, to deliver such an one unto Satan for the destruction of the flesh, that the spirit may be saved in the day of the Lord Jesus." (KJV)

1Corinthians 5:3-5 "For though absent in body, I am present in spirit; and as if present, I have already pronounced judgment on the one who did such a thing. When you are assembled in the name of the Lord Jesus and my spirit is present, with the power of our Lord Jesus, you are to deliver this man to Satan for the destruction of the flesh, so that his spirit may be saved in the day of the Lord." (ESV)

1Corinthians 5:3-5 "Even though I am not physically with you, my spirit is present in this reading of my letter; and I assure you as solemnly as if actually present in your gathering, that I have already concluded my verdict in the Name of the Lord Jesus Christ: As you meet together and I meet with you in  my spirit by the power of our Lord Jesus Christ is present with us, such a person is to be released from your midst and handed over to the [1] Accuser; let the accusation consume his flesh until the light of day, the revelation of Jesus Christ rise for him again to rescue his spirit from the deceit of his sin. (Consider Paul's heart in 2Corinthians 2:6-8, 10-11, For such a one this punishment by the majority is enough; so you should rather turn to forgiveness and comfort him, or he may be overwhelmed by excessive sorrow. So I beg you to reaffirm your love for him. Any one whom you forgive, I also forgive. What I have forgiven, if I have forgiven anything, has been for your sake in the presence of Christ, to keep Satan [1 satanos, accuser) from gain the advantage over us; for we are not ignorant of his designs.
In Ephesians 4:26-27, Paul says, Even if you have a valid excuse, do not let anger dominate your day! If you don't deal with it immediately (in the light of the likeness of Christ in you) the sun sets for you and your day becomes one of lost opportunity where darkness employs anger to sane you in sin. Any sin that you tolerate is an open invitation to the [2] devil. Do not give him a platform to operate from. ( The word, [2, G1228 from the Hebrew H7854; and G1225 from G1223 and G906] diabolos , or Devil, comes from [G1223 and G90 dia+ballo, translated as because of the fall; is to harbor a fallen mind-set.)

Today we learned that an evil mindset is what drives those of mere human form, those who remain under the slavery's yoke of, slavery to guilt and shame. Because they are powerless to carry the weight of the Law's forced requirements and I might say they are clueless. Until next time, the LORD willing, when we pick this up again at verse 6, may the LORD richly prosper you in his divine knowledge.

No comments:

Post a Comment