Friday, August 23, 2019

The saga of "The Secret of GOD", as revealed in Hebrews 3:7; with a renewed mind and our victory as foretold.

We are looking at Jesus....i.e., Salvation being equal in rank to GOD, his being GOD and the Christ, GOD in human form. This being done before we look at the peril of unbelief at the close of this chapter. I might note that most of this part is taken from Psalm 95:7-11, before the peril which I shall cover next. Now this Psalm speaks of the heart attitude of Israel but it can also be applied to humanity as a whole.


Hebrews 3:7-11 "Wherefore as the Holy Ghost saith, "Today if ye will hear his voice, harden not your hearts, as in the provocation, in the day of temptation in the wilderness: When your fathers tempted me, proved me, and saw my works forty years. Wherefore I was grieved with that generation, and said, They do alway err in their heart; and they have not known my ways. So I swore in my wrath, 'They shall not enter into my rest.'" (KJV)

Hebrews 3:7-11 "Therefore, as the Holy Spirit says, "Today, if you hear his voice, do not harden your hearts as in the rebellion, on the day of testing in the wilderness, where your fathers put me to the test and saw my works for forty years. Therefore I was provoked with that generation, and said, 'They always go astray in their heart; they have not known my ways.' As I swore in my wrath, 'They shall not enter my rest.'" (ESV)

Hebrews 3:7-11 "In Psalm 95:7-11, the Holy Spirit said, "Discern the voice of the Shepherd. Grasp the urgency of what GOD is saying to you today! (Sonship is the Father's language [Hebrews 1:1]) Therefore, do not be calloused in heart as the people of Israel were: every time they faced any contradiction or temptation in the wilderness, their response immediately revealed their irritation, rather than their persuasion in GOD's belief. Your fathers continued to scrutinize me suspiciously, examining me as though my intentions with them could not be trusted, even though they were eye-witnesses of my miraculous works for forty years. They were a generation of people who grieved me deeply; instead of learning my ways, they habitually went astray in their hearts, intoxicated by their unbelief. (Even to this day they are still trapped in their own wilderness of unbelief.) Hear the echo of GOD's cry though the ages, 'Oh! If only they would enter into my rest.'" (The Mirror, with editing)

Now for us this is short, until next time, may our LORD richly increase both yours and your friends belief, as you share his revelation. "Christ in you!"

No comments:

Post a Comment