Thursday, October 10, 2019

The saga of "The Secret of GOD", as revealed by James 2:14; with a renewed mind and our victory as foretold.

What is the real meaning of the phrase, "faith without works is dead?" When it is grace that labors or works and faith sees what is to be that is not yet seen or known. Often heard but not yet active. Is not yet visible before ones eyes, even when spoken by the invisible GOD or LORD.


James 2:14-17, 18 "What doth it profit, my brethren, though a man say he hath faith, and have not works? can faith save him? If a brother or sister be naked, and destitute of daily food, and one of you say unto them, Depart in peace, be ye warmed and filled; notwithstanding ye give them not those things which are needful to the body; what doth it profit? Even so faith, if it hath not works, is dead, being alone.
Yea, a man may say, "Thou hast faith, and I have works:" Shew me thy faith without thy works, and I will shew thee my faith by my works." (KJV)

James 2:14-17, 18 "What good is it, my brothers, if someone says he has faith but does not have works? Can that faith save him? If a brother or sister is poorly clothed and lacking in daily food, and one of you says to them, "Go in peace, be warmed and filled," without giving them the things needed for the body, what good is that? So also faith by itself, if it does not have works, is dead.
But someone will say, "You have faith and I have works." Show me your faith apart from your works, and I will show you my faith by my works." (ESV)

James 2:14-17, 18 "My Friends, if your faith (in your true identity, is restored) is not practical and visible in your conduct it is fake and cannot benefit you in any way. Let's bring it closer to home (I am not talking about your duty to strangers), someone in your own family might be struggling financially to the extent that they do not even have the basics as far as clothes and food are concerned. What's the good if you keep your contact with them very brief and distant and wave them goodbye with empty words, something like, "May the LORD richly bless you brother! Be warm, be fed, okay, good bye! Have a great day!" A coat and a cup of soup is going to say so much more! It is clear then that without corresponding acts of kindness, faith on its own is fake.
Faith is not in competition with works; the one cannot operate without the other. Faith remains invisible without action; indeed the only way to communicate faith is in doing the things prompted and inspired by faith." (The Mirror, with editing)

There remains a bit more of this thought as I take from the first line of the next one to end the last. Now may the LORD richly bless both you and yours in this endeavor of Agape.

No comments:

Post a Comment