Saturday, July 20, 2019

The saga of "The Secret of GOD", as revealed in Philippians 1:12; with a renewed mind and our victory as foretold.

With this next section of Chapter 1, Paul again reveals the gospel message, so listen to the language used as it will reveal more than has been credited to him or it. And this one is also long but not as long as some have been, so be patient while reading it please, it will be worth the time and trouble, of which there should be none at all.


Philippians 1:12-20 "But I would ye should understand, brethren, that the things which happened unto me have fallen out rather unto the furtherance of the gospel; So that my bonds in Christ are manifest in all the palace, and in all other places; And many of the brethren in the Lord, waxing confident by my bonds, are much more bold to speak the word without fear. Some indeed preach Christ even of envy and strife; and some also of good will: The one preach Christ of contention, not sincerely, supposing to add affliction to my bonds: But the other of love, knowing that I am set for the defence of the gospel: To Live Is Christ. What then? notwithstanding, every way, whether in pretence, or in truth, Christ is preached; and I therein do rejoice, yea, and will rejoice. For I know that this shall turn to my salvation through your prayer, and the supply(G2023) of the Spirit of Jesus Christ, according to my earnest expectation(G603) and my hope, that in nothing I shall be ashamed, but that with all boldness(G3954), as always, so now also Christ shall be magnified in my body, whether it be by life, or by death." (KJV)

Philippians 1:12-20 "I want you to know, brothers, that what has happened to me has really served to advance the gospel, so that it has become known throughout the whole imperial guard and to all the rest that my imprisonment is for Christ. And most of the brothers, having become confident in the Lord by my imprisonment, are much more bold to speak the word without fear. Some indeed preach Christ from envy and rivalry, but others from good will. The latter do it out of love, knowing that I am put here for the defense of the gospel. The former proclaim Christ out of selfish ambition, not sincerely but thinking to afflict me in my imprisonment. To Live Is Christ. What then? Only that in every way, whether in pretense or in truth, Christ is proclaimed, and in that I rejoice. Yes, and I will rejoice, for I know that through your prayers and the help(G2023) of the Spirit of Jesus Christ this will turn out for my deliverance, as it is my eager expectation(G603) and hope that I will not be at all ashamed, but that with full courage(G3954) now as always Christ will be honored in my body, whether by life or by death." (ESV)

Philippians 1:12-20 "I wish to encourage you dear friends that the opposition I face, which was meant to defeat the gospel, has only served to advance it! The prison has become my pulpit! All the soldiers in the Governor's guard and everyone involved in the palace have learned about my message. They know that I am not their prisoner but that I am enclosed in Christ. My imprisonment has also persuaded many believers in the LORD to speak the word with fearless courage. Some slander the message and others speak with passion and delightful certainty. There are those who wish to get mileage out of my predicament for their own agenda. Others again are completely love inspired and in full support with me in my defense of the gospel! I am thrilled! Christ is the topic of conversation everywhere! Even the negative publicity continues to advertise him! I can just see how the Spirit of Jesus Christ, like a [1]conductor of music, takes all of this together with our prayers and turns it into a concert that celebrates salvation! (The word, [1, G2024 is from G2023, from G1909 and G5524] G2023, epichoregeo, comes from (G1909) epi, a preposition of position, cover, in charge, (G5524 from a compound of G5525 and G71), (G5525) + chorus, choir, orchestra, or to dance (G71) + ago, meaning to lead as a Shepherd leads his sheep; thus, the leader of a dance or the conductor of music.) My [1]thoughts are not trapped in my head! They roam free in expectation that I will not be shamed by any contradiction! My [2]immediate circumstances do not distract from my message! I am convinced that our [2]conversation now and always will it continue to give accurate account of the magnificence of Christ. The message is incarnate in me (just as it is to be in you); whether I live or die, it makes no difference. (The word, [1, G603 from a compound of G575 and a compound of κάρα kara (the head) and G1380] apokaradokis is a compound word with 3 parts, (G575) apo, away from, kara, head and (G1380) dokeo, thought. The word, [2, G3954 from G3956 and a derivative of G4483] parrhesia, is from (G3956) para, a preposition indicating close proximity, a thing proceeding from a sphere of influence, with a suggestion of union of place of residence, to have sprung from its author and giver, originating from, denoting the point from which an action originates, intimate connection; and (G4483) rhesia, conversation.)

In our next visit Paul states that Christ defines his  life, just as He is to define ours. So until then, the LORD willing, may he become your and yours defining life, Amen!

No comments:

Post a Comment