Saturday, December 14, 2019

"The Secret of GOD", as revealed by John in the Revelation of Christ in 1:17, with a renewed mind and our victory as foretold.

Here we are at verse 17 of chapter 1, Revelation. Where John is ordained as are those who walk with agreement to the incarnate word within them. Now for me it is hard to separate chapter 1 and 2 because the language speaks to them being but one continuous uninterrupted thought, though chapter 3. But I will use the outline as it appears in one of my study Bibles. So time and space permitting we shall look at the meaning and use of Number Seven, The Day of the LORD, and the Ekklesia, following these verses.


Revelation 1:17-20 "And when I saw him, I fell at his feet as dead. And he laid his right hand upon me, saying unto me, 'Fear not; I am the first and the last: I am he that liveth, and was dead; and, behold, I am alive for evermore, Amen; And have the keys of hell and of death. Write the things which thou hast seen, and the things which are, and the things which shall be hereafter; The mystery of the seven stars which thou sawest in my right hand, and the seven golden candlesticks. The seven stars are the angels of the seven churches: and the seven candlesticks which thou sawest are the seven churches.'" (KJV)

Revelation 1:17-20 "When I saw him, I fell at his feet as though dead. But he laid his right hand on me, saying, "Fear not, I am the first and the last, and the living one. I died, and behold I am alive forevermore, and I have the keys of Death and Hades. Write therefore the things that you have seen, those that are and those that are to take place after this. As for the mystery of the seven stars that you saw in my right hand, and the seven golden lampstands, the seven stars are the angels of the seven churches, and the seven lampstands are the seven churches." (ESV)

Revelation 1:17-20 "Observing all this, I fell at His feet like a dead man. Then, [1]kneeling down, He ordained me with His right hand upon me and said, 'Do not be afraid, I am the origin and the [2]conclusion of all things. (Look at Isaiah 44:6. The word [1, G5087 from G2007 and G1909] tithemi from theo, to kneel down, lay down, to ordain, purpose, put, set (forth) Look at John 15:16, I have ordained you-I have strategically positioned you! Also 1Timothy 2:7, I am an "ordained" preacher.

Again the word, [2, G2078 probably from G2192 echo] eschatos; Jesus, as the Alpha and Omega, defines eschatology!) I am also the Living One; I became dead and now, see, here I am alive unto the ages of the ages and I have the keys wherewith I have disengaged the gates of [1]Hades and death! (This profound statement of Jesus in verses 17 and 18, is the platform, theme and focus of the entire book. To distract from these words of Jesus is to miss the point of the Revelation! [1]See commentary note in verse 20 and 2:7 on the gates of hades. Multitudes are in hell on this side of the grave; We have the keys to unlock a door that was already opened when jesus went these as a man to free the human race from Adam to Noah, to Now! wow, what joy to introduce people to the freedom of sonship! Let's not make the other brother in Luke 15 our reference when we can know the Father's heart!) [1]Now therefore, [2]without delay, give accurate account in documenting everything that you have seen; Both as they are and also what their immediate, [3]intentional context has [4]brought about. It is important to see the relevance in [5]mirror-matching all these things, both in their prophetic context as well as in their fulfillment. (The word, [1]oun, certainly, accordingly, truly, then, therefore, verily. With diect reference to what was said in the previous statement. Then the word [2, G1123 from G1125 ] grapson, to document in writing, is used in the Aorist Imperative and employed here very intentionally, emphasizing once and for all, to get it over and done with! The idea was never to document a mystery in symbolic language that would in any way confuse or distract from the theme of the revelation of the triumph of the Lamb of GOD. The symbolic would purely be to picture the powerful parallels between the prophetic in the Jewish Scriptures, pointing to the Symbolic Lamb of GOD as the Redeemer of the world, and its complete fulfillment in the day of the LORD. Jesus is the fullness of time! The word [3, G3195] mello, speaks of anticipated intent; expectation.

John again, as in verse 1, employs the verb (G1096), ginomai, to beget, in the Aorist Infinitve tense, [4, G1083] genesthai , which indicates prior completion of an action in relationship to a point in time. Unfortunately many of the later texts changed the e for an i, which makes genesthai, ginesthai, which is the Present Infinitive, expressing progressive or imperfective aspect!

I have translated the words, hereafter, [G3326 G5023] to meta tauta, as mirror-matching; meta - together with and tauta, all these things!) Here is the [1]significance of the seven stars that you saw in my right hand, and the seven lamp-stands that are made of gold: the seven stars are the [2]Shepherd-Messengers, representing the entire conclusion of the message of the Ekklesia-church and the seven golden lamps are the seven churches in their complete prophetic context. (The word [1, G3466] musterion suggests the inner meaning of a symbolic vision. The number seven speaks of completeness in its entire context. The stars are the carriers of light, the Angelic, Shepherd-Messengers. The word often translated Shepherd-Messenger ot Messenger, [2, G32] aggelos has two components, (G71) agoo, to lead as a Shepherd leads and (G34) agele a herd of cattle or company. This word carries the idea of a messenger both in the Shepherd as well as the Prophetic context.

The golden candlestick is the prophetic light-soon to be replaced by the Morning star when He dawns within everyone!) (The Mirror, with editing.)

In our next visit the LORD willing we shall look at the number seven, day of the LORD and Ekklesia. Until then may the day star arise within each and all of us.

No comments:

Post a Comment