Tuesday, May 5, 2015

Thessalonians part 40

I suppose that I should also look at 2Corinthians 5:14-15 and then John 10:14-18, 27-30 to get a better picture of what is here stated. I just pray that I am not getting ahead of what the LORD wonts of me. In his Corinthian Epsitle Paul is discribing being clothed in Christ and that when we have received of Him the understanding or revelation that we become a member of the “all” that Jesus as the “one” Who died for “all.” Here is what is stated: “For the love of Christ constrains us; because we thus judge, that if one died for all, then were all dead: And He died for all, that they which live should not henceforth live unto themselves, but (He) Him which died for them, and rose again (look closely at Galatians 2:20).” This is also the secret of the Lord's Passover or otherwise called the Last Supper as it illustrated a betrothal of each aprty to the other. Just as the First Passover was for Israel of old.


John states this in 10:14-18, 27-30: “I am the good shepherd, and know Mine and am known of Mine. As the Father knows Me, even so know I the Father: and I lay down My life for the sheep. And other sheep I have, which are not of this fold: them also I must bring, and they shall hear My voice; and there shall be One fold, and one shepherd. Therefore does My Father love Me, because I lay down My life, that I might take it again. No man takes it from Me, but I lay it down of Myself. I have power to lay it down, and I have power to take it again. This commandment have I received of My Father........My sheep hear My voice, and I know them, and they follow Me: And I give to them Eternal Life; and they shall never perish, neither shall any pluck them out of My hand. My Father, which gave them Me, is greater than all; and no man is able to pluck them out of My Father's hand. I and Father are one.”


Looking at Galatians 2 picking up at verse 15 through the end of verse 20 we find Paul speaking from his former way of life in Judaism as a persecuter of the Church and Body of Christ, “We who are Jews by nature, and not sinners of the Gentiles, knowing that a man is not justified by the works of the Law, but by the faith of (that is in) Jesus Christ, even as we have believed Jesus Christ, that we might be justified by the faith of Christ, and not by the works of the Law (through which a man has right to boast, if he holds fast to them not wavering from them in any manor): for by the works of the Law shall no flesh be justified. But if, while we seek to be justified by Christ, we ourselves also are found (having returned to our former way of life, as a transgressor, we are now) sinners, is therefore Christ the minister of sin? God forbid. For if I build again the things which I destroyed, I make myself a transgressor. For I through the Law am dead to the Law, that I might live to God. For I am crucified with Christ: nevertheless I live; yet not I, but Christ lives in me: and the Life which I now live in the flesh I live by (through) the faith of the Son of God, who loved me, and gave Himself for me (as one of the “all” of 2Corinthians 5:14-15). I do not frustrate the Grace of God: for if righteousness (could) come by the law, then Christ is dead in vain.”

From here we can turn to Colossians 2 again to hear both of these together and then look more closely at chapter 1 of Colossians to get an even bigger picture. But I will allow you to do that for yourselves.



No comments:

Post a Comment