Wednesday, May 20, 2015

Thessalonians part 55

The next is the things that GOD'S people are to avoid. Looking at what the Prophets of the Old Testament had to say as given them by GOD and then a few things that GOD'S people are charged with. In Exodus we find this in chapter 23:7 beginning at verse 1 through the end of verse 9, I'll break this down in this fashion 1-3, 4-7: “You shall not raise a false report: put not your hand with the wicked to be an unrighteous witness. You shall not follow a multitude to do evil; neither shall you speak in a cause to decline after many to wrest judgment: Neither shall you countenance a poor man in his cause.

If you meet your enemy's ox or his ass going astray, you shall surely bring it back to him again. If you see the ass of him that hates you lying under his burden, and would forbear (desire) to help him, you shall surely help with him. You shall not wrest the judgment of the poor in his cause. Keep far from a false matter; and the innocent and righteous slay you not: for I will not justify the wicked.”


There are things that GOD expects us to hate and for this I'll turn my attention to Psalm 119:104 and 128 where I'll begin at verse 121 through our target verse to hear what is stated in them, beginning at verse 97 through the end of 104 where we find this: “MEM [this means any sea as a body of water whose depth and ends are unknown, for the modern day it relates to the series of questions asked in English class, such as who, what, where, how and when]. O how love I Your law! it is my meditation all the day. You through Your commandments have made me wiser than my enemies [these are not individuals or people but are rather the things of evil, pressures of life, that are all around us including the individual and people but not limited to them]: for they are ever with me. I have more understanding than all my teachers: for their testimonies are my meditation. I understand more than the ancients, because I keep Your precepts. I have refrained my feet from every evil way, that I might keep Your word. I have not departed from Your judgments: for You have taught me. How sweet are Your words to my taste! yes, sweeter than honey to my mouth! Through Your precepts [an appointed mandate and this applies to those under an overseer such as the LORD our Master for it is through HIM that we can say] I get understanding: therefore I hate every false way..... AIN [this means to do, to work]. I have done judgment [sentence] and justice [the one who walks the straight narrow path, is up right]: leave me not to my oppressors. Be surety for Your servant for good: let not the proud oppress me. My eyes fail for Your salvation, and for the word of Your righteousness. Deal with Your servant according to Your mercy, and teach me Your statutes [the appointed custom]. I am Your servant; give me understanding [the continuation of a house, look at Genesis 30:3, and one who is skillfully taught], that I may know Your testimonies [a door through which a mulitude who hold the same testamony or witness pass through, of place, time or event enter in repeatedly]. It is time for You, LORD, to work: for they have made void Your law. Therefore I love Your commandments above gold; yes, above fine gold. Therefore I esteem all Your precepts concerning all things to be right; I hate every false way.”


Next I'll turn our attention to the things that we are called to endure looking at Acts 6:13 beginning with verse 8. Begins the witness of the Holy Spirit's speaking through Stephen: “Stephen, full of faith and power, did great wonders and miracles among the people. Then there arose certain of the synagogue, which is called the synagogue of the Libertines, and Cyrenians, and Alexandrians, and of them of Cilicia and of Asia, disputing with Stephen. They were not able to resist the wisdom and the Spirit by which he spoke. Then they suborned [pressured to speak him falsely] men, which said, We have heard him speak blasphemous words against Moses, and against God. These stirred up the people, and the elders, and the scribes, and came upon him, and caught him, and brought him to the council, and set up false witnesses, which said, This man ceases not to speak blasphemous words against this holy place, and the law: For we have heard him say, that this Jesus of Nazareth shall destroy this place, and shall change the customs which Moses delivered us. And all that sat in the council, looking steadfastly on him, saw his face as it had been the face of an angel.”

No comments:

Post a Comment