Friday, June 27, 2014

The LORD our Passover

Picking up the indexing for May 9th

This days post starts with this quote from John 13 verse 36; “Simon Peter said to the Lord, where go You? Jesus answered him, Where I go, you cannot follow Me now; but you shall follow Me afterwards.”

This could be rewritten as flows; You cannot follow Me now - You have not faith strong enough to die for Me, nor is your work yet done; but hereafter you shall suffer for My sake, and die in defense of My Truth. (look at John 21:18 which states this; “Verily, verily, I say to you, When you were young, you girded yourself, and walked wherever you would: but when you shall be old, you shall stretch forth your hands, and another shall gird you, and carry you where you would not wont to go.”) Look again to Acts and chapter 12 where have Peter is called on the carpet, beginning at verse 1 where we find this; “About that time Herod the king stretched forth his hands to vex certain of the church. And he killed James the brother of John with the sword. And because he saw it pleased the Jews, he proceeded further to take Peter also. (Then were the days of unleavened bread.) And when he had apprehended him, he put him in prison, and delivered him to four quaternions (look at Est. 3:6-7, 13) of soldiers to keep him; intending after Passover (meaning the messenger, or the festival of the victim) to bring him forth to the people. Peter therefore was kept in prison: but prayer was made without ceasing of the church to God for him.”

Next we came to verse 7 of John 14 to this; “If you had known Me, you should have known My Father also: and from henceforth you know Him, and have seen Him.”

To this I stated the following comment; The LORD is indeed by meaning and definition both Father, Master, husbandman, husband and vine or a mighty Oak tree into which are grafted His disciples and stewards, and He becomes a husband to all those betrothed in Him and through Him, Psalm 2:7-9, Acts 13:33. In Acts 13 Paul is rehearsing the revelation of the risen Christ now made LORD of all with the following statement beginning at verse 33 through verse 41; “God has fulfilled the same to us their children, in that He has raised up Jesus again; as it is also written in the second Psalm, "You are My Son, this day have I begotten You." And as concerning that He raised Him up from the dead, no more to return to corruption, He said on this wise, "I will give You the sure mercies of David." Therefore He said also in another Psalm, "You shall not suffer My Holy One to see corruption." For David, after he had served his own generation by the will of God, fell on sleep, and was laid with his fathers, and saw corruption: But He, Whom God raised again, saw no corruption. Be it known to you therefore, men and brethren, that through this man is preached to you the forgiveness of sins (Redemption): And by (through) Him all that believe are justified (Salvation) from all things, from which they could not be justified by the Law of Moses. Beware therefore, lest that come upon you, which is spoken of in the prophets; Behold, the despisers*, and wonder, and perish: for I work a work in your days, a work which you shall in no wise believe, though a man declare it to you.”
 
*There is a significant list of referenced related passages to this as follows: Prov. 1:24-32, 5:12 this passage must be read from its beginning to grab hold of what the revelation within the context is saying, the next is in Isaiah 5:24, but here again do not miss out on the revelation that goes before this passage.

Then we came to this passage in verse 13 of John 14: “Whatever you shall ask being in My name, that will I do, that the Father may be glorified in the Son.” To this I shared the following passages for reference: Galatians 1:16, 2:20, 4:6, Ephesians 4:13, Colossians 1:13, 1Thessalonians 1:10, 1John 1:7, 2:23-24, 4:14-15, 5:11-13, 20, 2John 1:9. Looking first at Gal. 1:16 we find this spoken by Paul in verse 13 and then down to 18: “You have heard of my conversation (manor of living) in time past in the Jews' religion, how that beyond measure I persecuted the church of God, and wasted it: I profited in the Jews' religion above many my equals of my own nation, being more exceedingly zealous of the traditions of our fathers. But when it pleased God, who separated me from my mother's womb, and called me by His grace, to reveal His Son in me, that I might preach Him among the heathen; immediately I conferred not with flesh and blood: Neither went I up to Jerusalem to them which were apostles before me; but I went into Arabia, and returned again after a short time to Damascus. Then after three years I went up to Jerusalem to see Peter, and abode with him fifteen days.” 



No comments:

Post a Comment