Sunday, July 13, 2014

The LORD our Passover

Continuing with the indexing for May 13

Psalm 119, this Psalm I have read out loud for many years now as the Spirit moves me and it has given me personal proof of God's hand at work in my life. Looking at verse 9 through 16 and then picking it up again at verse 97 through 104 we find this; “Wherewithal shall a young man cleanse his way? by taking heed thereto according to Your word. With my whole heart have I sought You: O let me not wander from Your commandments. Your word have I hid in my heart, that I might not sin against You. Blessed are You, O LORD: teach me Your statutes. With my lips have I declared all the judgments of Your mouth. I have rejoiced in the way of Your testimonies, as much as in all riches. I will meditate in Your precepts, and have respect to Your ways. I will delight myself in Your statutes: I will not forget Your word......O how I love Your law! it is my meditation all the day. You through Your commandments have made me wiser than my enemies: for they are ever with me. I have more understanding than all my teachers: for Your testimonies are my meditation. I understand more than the ancients, because I keep Your precepts. I have refrained my feet from every evil way, that I might keep Your word. I have not departed from Your judgments: for You have taught me. How sweet are Your words to my taste! yes, sweeter than honey to my mouth! Through Your precepts I get understanding: therefore I hate every false way.”

Now moving on to the end of the Old Testament where in Luke's synoptic gospel we find this as recorded by him in chapter 8 the following beginning at verse 9 through 15 and the explanation of the parable of the sower which has these parallel passages with it in Mat. 13:18-23 and Mark 4:13-20.

Luke 8:9-15 “His disciples asked Him, saying, What might this parable be? To this He said, To you it is given to know the mysteries of the kingdom of God: but to others in parables; that seeing they might not see, and hearing they might not understand. Now the parable is this: The seed is the word of God. Those by the way side are they that hear; then comes the devil, and takes away the word out of their hearts, lest they should believe and be saved (to make well in restoration, to make whole that which is broken). They on the rock are they, which, when they hear, receive the word with joy; and these have no root, which for a while believe, and in time of temptation fall away. And that which fell among thorns are they, which, when they have heard, go forth, and are choked with cares and riches and pleasures of this life (in this definition we can place all those caught by the snare of mans religion which promotes the false gospel of health, wealth and greater happiness as being God's blessing, we can even include those in Redemptions school where they are to learn Christ), and bring no fruit to perfection. But that on the good ground are they, which in an honest and good heart, having heard the word, keep it, and bring forth fruit with patience.”

Next we have John's synoptic gospel beginning in chapter 1 and verse 1 through 5 and 10 where we find this said; “In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. The same was in the beginning with God. All things were made by Him; and without Him was not any thing made that was made. In Him is the Life; and this Life is the light of men. And this light shines in darkness; and the darkness comprehended it not......He was in the world, and the world was made by Him, and the world knew Him not.” (look at Gen. 1:1-5 without this Light no plant, animal life or even human life could have ever been. This is what John is here telling us. Why did the world nor man know Him? because of mans fallen nature as witnessed to in Gen. 3: 15 where man acquired a different nature or became a god onto himself, like Satan's own nature.)

Our next reference is in Acts 15 and starting at verse 1 through to verse 12 we find this; “A certain men which came down from Judea taught the brethren, saying, Except you be circumcised after the manner of Moses, you cannot be saved (*to deliver from the penalties of the Messianic judgment which is also against even the ancient Judaism of Israel). When therefore Paul and Barnabas had no small dissension and disputation with them, they determined that Paul and Barnabas, and certain other of them, should go up to Jerusalem to the apostles and elders about this question. And being brought on their way by the church, they passed through Phenicia and Samaria, declaring the conversion of the Gentiles: and they caused great joy to all the brethren. And when they were come to Jerusalem, they were received of the church, and the apostles and elders, and they declared all things that God had done with them. But there rose up certain of the sect of the Pharisees which believed, saying, 'That it was needful to circumcise them, and to command them to keep the law of Moses.' And the apostles and elders came together for to consider of this matter. And when there had been much disputing, Peter rose up, and said to them, Men and brethren, you know how that a good while ago God made choice among us, that the Gentiles by my mouth (this happened to set Peter up if you will for this time as a witness against the old traditions) should hear the word of the gospel, and believe. And God, which knows the hearts, bare them witness, giving them the Holy Ghost, even as He did to us; And put no difference between us and them, purifying their hearts by faith. Now therefore why tempt you God, to put a yoke upon the neck of the disciples, which neither our fathers nor we were able to bear? But we believe that through the Grace of the Lord Jesus Christ we shall be saved*, even as they. Then all the multitude kept silence, and gave audience to Barnabas and Paul, declaring what miracles and wonders God had wrought among the Gentiles by them.” 









No comments:

Post a Comment