Thursday, July 24, 2014

The LORD our Passover

Indexing for May 18th

At the end of this post is found this statement of chapter 18 and verse 37; To this end was I born, and for this cause came I into the world, that I should bear witness to the Truth. Every one that is of the Truth hears My voice.” To this I shared these passages, John 7:17, 8:47, 10:26-27, 1John 3:14, 19, 4:6, 5:20.

In John 7 beginning at verse 16 we find this said; “Jesus answered them, My doctrine is not Mine, but His that sent Me. If any man will to do His Will, He shall know of the doctrine, whether it be of God, or whether I speak of Myself.”

In John 8 beginning at verse 39 through the end of verse 47 we find this said; “They answered and said to Him, Abraham is our father. To this Jesus said to them, If you were Abraham's children, you would do the works of Abraham. But now you seek to kill Me, a man that has told you the truth, which I have heard of God: this did not Abraham. But you do the deeds of your father. Then said they to Him, We be not born of fornication; we have one Father, God. To this Jesus said to them, If God were your Father, you would love Me: for I proceeded forth and came from God; neither came I of Myself, but He sent Me. Why do you not understand My speech? because you cannot hear My word. Because you are of your father the devil, and the lusts of your father you will do. He was a murderer from the beginning, and abode not in the truth, because there is no Truth in him. When he speaks a lie, he speaks of his own: for he is a liar, and the father of it. And because I tell you the Truth, you believe Me not. Which of you convinces (convicts) Me of sin? And if I say the Truth, why do you not believe Me? He that is of God hears God's words: you therefore hear them not, because you are not of God.”

We must know this and keep it safe in our thought, “the eye only sees what the brain is prepared to receive.” And this is what the Leaders of Israel did not know and many of our day such as pastors, teachers and elders are in the same boat as they were. For the same reason that Jesus here spoke of.

In John 10 beginning at verse 22 through the end of verse 30 we find this statement; “It was at Jerusalem during the feast of the dedication (this was a feast inaugurated by the Maccabees's in memory of the cleansing of the temple, held on the 25th of Chislev or the middle of December), and it was winter. That Jesus walked in the temple in Solomon's porch. Then came the Jews round about Him, who said to Him, How long do You make us to doubt? If You be the (Messiah) Christ, tell us plainly. Jesus answered them, I told you, and you believed not: the works that I do in My Father's name, they bear witness of Me. But you believe not, because you are not of My sheep, as I said to you. My sheep hear My voice, and I know them, and they follow Me: And I give to them Eternal Life; and they shall never perish, neither shall any man pluck them out of My hand. My Father, which gave them to Me, is greater than all; and no man is able to pluck them out of My Father's hand. I and My Father are One.”

Then in 1John we find this in chapter 3 beginning at verse 13 through to the end of verse 24 where this is found; “Marvel not, if the world hates you. We know that we have passed from death to Life, because we love the brethren. He that loves not his brother abides (remains) in death (delusion). Whoever hates his brother is a murderer: and you know that no murderer has Eternal Life abiding in him. Hereby perceive (understand, judge, discern) we the love of God, because He laid down His life for us: and we ought to lay down our lives for the brethren. But whoever has this world's goods, and sees his brother have need, and shuts up his bowels having no compassion for him, how dwells the love of God in him? Let us not love in word, neither in tongue; but in deed and in truth (the fruit of the fig-tree parable which is goodness and truth, the fruit of the LORD within us). And hereby we know that we are of the Truth, and shall assure our hearts before Him. For if our heart condemns us, God is greater than our heart, and knows all things. Beloved, if our heart condemns us not, then have we confidence toward God. And whatever we ask, we receive of Him, because we keep His commandments, and do those things that are pleasing in His sight.

This is His commandment, That we should believe His Son, Jesus Christ, and love one another, as He gave us commandment. And he that keeps His commandments dwells In Him, and He in him. And hereby we know that He abides in us, by the Spirit which He has given us.” 





No comments:

Post a Comment