Monday, July 14, 2014

The LORD our Passover

Continuing with the indexing for May 13

Psalm 12 picking up at verse 4 through 7 we find this; “Who has said, With our tongue will we prevail; our lips are our own: who is lord over us? For the oppression of the poor, for the sighing of the needy, now will I arise, says the LORD; I will set him in safety from him that puffs at him. The words of the LORD are pure words: as silver tried in a furnace of earth, purified seven times. You shall keep them, O LORD, You shall preserve them from this generation for ever.”

Again looking to Psalm 119 beginning at verse 137 through 144 and then verse 145 through 152 we find this said; “Righteous are You, O LORD, and upright are Your judgments. Your testimonies that You have commanded are righteous and very faithful. My zeal has consumed Me, because My enemies have forgotten Your words. Your word is very pure: therefore your servant loves it. I am small and despised: yet do not I forget Your precepts. Your righteousness is an everlasting righteousness, and Your law is the Truth. Trouble and anguish have taken hold on Me: yet Your commandments are My delight. The righteousness of Your testimonies is everlasting: give Me understanding, and I shall live...... I cried with My whole heart; hear me, O LORD: I will keep Your statutes. I cried to You; save me, and I shall keep Your testimonies. I prevented the dawning of the morning, and cried: I hoped in Your word. My eyes prevent the night watches, that I might meditate in Your word. Hear My voice according to Your loving kindness: O LORD, quicken Me according to Your judgment. They draw near that follow after mischief: they are far from Your law. You are near, O LORD; and all Your commandments are truth. Concerning Your testimonies, I have known of old that You have founded them for ever.”

Returning to the New Covenant an Ephesians 4 picking it up at verse 17 on through the end of 24 we find this said; “I say therefore, and testify in the Lord, that you henceforth walk not as other Gentiles walk, in the vanity of their mind (in the vain imaginations that governs mere men), having the understanding darkened, being alienated from the Life of God through the ignorance that is in them, because of the blindness of (callousness that covers) their heart: Who being past feeling have given themselves over to lasciviousness, to work all uncleanness with greediness.

But you have not so learned Christ; If so be that you have heard Him, and have been taught by Him, as the Truth is in Jesus (John 1:12-14, 16-17, Ps. 45:2, 2Cor. 12:9): That you put off concerning the former conversation (our old life style in) the old man, which is corrupt according to the deceitful lusts; And be renewed in the spirit of your mind; And that you put on the new man, which after God is created in righteousness and true holiness.

Then we come to 2Timothy 2 and beginning at verse 20 through the end of verse 26 we find this said; “In a great house there are not only vessels of gold and of silver, but also of wood and of earth; and some to honor, and some to dishonor. If a man therefore purge himself from these, he shall be a vessel unto honor, sanctified, and meet (fit) for the (LORD) Master's use, and prepared to every good work. Flee also youthful lusts: but follow righteousness, faith, charity, peace, with them that call on the Lord out of a pure heart. But foolish and unlearned questions avoid, knowing that they do gender strifes. And the servant of the Lord must not strive; but be gentle to all men, apt to teach, patient, in meekness instructing those that oppose themselves; if God peradventure will give them repentance to the acknowledging of the Truth; That they may recover themselves out of the snare of the devil, who are taken captive by him at his will.”










No comments:

Post a Comment