Tuesday, July 29, 2014

The LORD our Passover

Continuing the indexing for May 20th

Next in Numbers 9 we find this beginning at verse 9 through verse 14 we find this; “The LORD spoke to Moses, saying, Speak to the children of Israel, saying, If any man of you or of your posterity shall be unclean by reason of a dead body, or be in a journey afar off, yet he shall keep the passover to the LORD. The fourteenth day of the second month at even they shall keep it, and eat it with unleavened bread and bitter herbs. They shall leave none of it to the morning, nor break any bone of it: according to all the ordinances of the passover they shall keep it. But the man that is clean, and is not in a journey, and (rejects) forbears to keep the passover, even the same soul shall be cut off from among his people: because he brought not the offering of the LORD in his appointed season, that man shall bear his sin. And if a stranger shall sojourn among you, and will keep the passover to the LORD; according to the ordinance of the passover, and according to the manner thereof, so shall he do: you shall have one ordinance, both for the stranger, and for him that was born in the land.”

Next is Psalm 22 beginning at verse 11 through verse 18 is found this; “Be not far from Me; for trouble is near; for there is none to help. Many bulls have compassed Me: strong bulls of Bashan have beset Me round. They gaped upon Me with their mouths, as a ravening and a roaring lion. I am poured out like water, and all My bones are out of joint: My heart is like wax; it is melted in the midst of My bowels. My strength is dried up like a potsherd; and My tongue cleaves to My jaws; and You have brought Me into the dust of death. For dogs have compassed Me: the assembly of the wicked have enclosed Me: they pierced My hands and My feet. I may tell all My bones: they look and stare upon Me. They part My garments among them, and cast lots upon My vesture.”

Next while still here in Psalms turn to chapter 34 beginning at verse 18 through to verse 22 where it says this; “The LORD is near to them that are of a broken heart; and saves such as be of a contrite spirit. Many are the afflictions of the righteous: but the LORD delivers him out of them all. He kept all His bones: not one of them is broken. Evil shall slay the wicked: and they that hate the righteous shall be desolate. The LORD redeems (ransoms, severs to release) the soul of His servants (husbandman, bring to pass): and none of them that trust Him shall be desolate (guilty of offense).”

Next is Psalm 35 beginning at verse 9 through 16 where we find this; “My soul shall be joyful in the LORD: it shall rejoice In (with) His Salvation (saving health, welfare, freedom from trouble). All My bones shall say, LORD, who is like to You, which delivers the poor from him that is too strong for him, yes, the poor and the needy from him that spoils him? False witnesses did rise up; they laid to My charge things that I knew not. They rewarded Me evil for good to the spoiling of My soul. But as for Me, when they were sick, My clothing was sackcloth: I humbled My soul with fasting; and My prayer returned into My own bosom. I behaved Myself as though he had been My friend or brother: I bowed down heavily, as one that mourns for his mother. But in My adversity they rejoiced, and gathered themselves together: yes, the abjects gathered themselves together against Me, and I knew it not; they did tear Me, and ceased not: With hypocritical mockers in (their) feasts, they gnashed upon Me with their teeth.”








No comments:

Post a Comment