Saturday, July 5, 2014

The LORD our Passover

Continuing the indexing for May 11th

Looking to Psalm 50 where we have the following statement, “Hear, O My people, and I will speak; O Israel, and I will testify against you: I am God, your God. I will not reprove you for your sacrifices or your burnt offerings, to have been continually before Me. I will take no bullock out of your house, nor he goats out of your folds. For every beast of the forest is Mine, and the cattle upon a thousand hills. I know all the fowls of the mountains: and the wild beasts of the field are Mine. If I were hungry, I would not tell you: for the world is Mine, and the fullness thereof. Will I eat the flesh of bulls, or drink the blood of goats? Offer to God thanksgiving; and pay your vows to the Most High (a gentile term for Elohim): And call upon Me in the day of trouble: I will deliver you, and you shall glorify Me.

But to the wicked God says, What have you to do to declare My statutes, or that you should take My covenant in your mouth? Seeing you have instruction, and cast My words behind you. When you saw a thief, then you consented with him, and have been partakers with adulterers. You gave your mouth to evil, and your tongue frame deceit. You sit and speak against your brother (speaking of Christ Jesus); you slander your own mother's son. These things have you done, and I kept silence; you thought that I was altogether such an one as yourselves: but I will reprove you, and set them in order before your eyes.

Now consider this, you that forget God, lest I tear you in pieces, and there be none to deliver. Whoso offers praise glorifies Me: and to him that orders his conversation aright will I show the salvation of God.”

The next passage comes from Isaiah 66 beginning at verse 1 through 6 to capture the whole thought we find this; “Thus says the LORD, The heavens are My throne, and the earth is My footstool: where is the house that you build for Me? and where is the place of My rest? For all those things have My hand made, and all those things have been, said the LORD: but to this man will I look, even to him that is poor and of a contrite spirit, and trembles at My word. He that kills an ox is as if he slew a man; he that sacrifices a lamb, as if he cut off a dog's neck; he that offers an oblation, as if he offered Me swine's blood; he that burns incense, as if he blessed an idol. Yes, they have chosen their own ways, and their soul delights in their abominations.

I also will choose their delusions (punishment), and will bring their fears upon them; because when I called, none did answer; when I spoke, they did not hear: but they did evil before My eyes, and chose that in which I delighted not. Hear the word of the LORD, you that tremble at His word; Your brethren that hated you, that cast you out for My name's sake, said, Let the LORD be glorified: but He shall appear to your joy, and they shall be ashamed. A voice of noise from the city, a voice from the temple, a voice of the LORD that renders recompense to His enemies.”

From this we have Psalm 109:3 listed which has this to say beginning at verse 1 through 5, “Hold not Your peace, O God of My praise; For the mouth of the wicked and the mouth of the deceitful are opened against Me: they have spoken against Me with a lying tongue. They compassed Me about also with words of hatred; and fought against Me without a cause. For My love they are My adversaries: but I give Myself to prayer. And they have rewarded Me evil for good, and hatred for My love.”

Now turning to John 2 and verse 17 and I will pick it up at verse 13 through 22 where we find this; “The Jews' passover was at hand, and Jesus went up to Jerusalem, and found in the temple those that sold oxen and sheep and doves, and the changers of money sitting: And when He had made a scourge of small cords, He drove them all out of the temple, and the sheep, and the oxen; and poured out the changers' money, and overthrew the tables; And said to them that sold doves, Take these things hence; make not My Father's house an house of merchandise.

And His disciples remembered that it was written, The zeal of Your house has eaten Me up*. Then answered the Jews and said to Him, What sign show You to us, seeing that You do these things? Jesus answered them, Destroy this temple, and in three days I will raise it up. To this the Jews said, Forty and six years was this temple in building, and will You rear it up in three days? But He spoke of the temple of His body. When therefore He was risen from the dead, His disciples remembered that He had said this to them; and they believed the scripture, and the word which Jesus had said.”

*This is found in Psalm 69:9 and 119:39 where we find this; 69:9 “For the zeal of Your house has eaten Me up; and the reproaches of them that reproached You are fallen upon Me.” and then; 119:139-142 "My zeal has consumed Me, because My enemies have forgotten Your words. Your word is very pure: therefore Your servant loves it. I am small and despised: yet I do not forget Your precepts. Your righteousness is an everlasting righteousness, and Your law is the truth.”





No comments:

Post a Comment