Sunday, July 27, 2014

The LORD our Passover

Indexing for May 20th

On May 20th, I said this from Matthew 27 and verse 44; “The thieves also, which were crucified with Him, cast the same in his teeth." Then I listed these passages, Job 30:7-9, Psalm 35:15-16, Mark 15:32. This thief was unrepentant primarily because of fear and that not the Godly kind but rather in agreement with the parable or idiom of the sour grapes which causes our teeth to feel that they are set on edge.(+ look for this again below)

In Job 30 beginning with verse 1 through the end of verse 15 we find this said; “Now they that are younger than I have Me in derision, whose fathers I would have disdained to have set with the dogs of My flock. Yes, whereto might the strength of their hands profit Me, in whom old age was perished? For want and famine they were solitary; fleeing into the wilderness in former time desolate and waste. Who cut up mallows by the bushes, and juniper roots for their meat. They were driven forth from among men, (they cried after them as after a thief;) To dwell in the clefts of the valleys, in caves of the earth, and in the rocks. Among the bushes they brayed; under the nettles they were gathered together. They are children of fools, yes, children of base men: they were viler than the earth.

And now am I their song, yes, I am their byword. They abhor Me, they flee far from Me, and spare not to spit in My face. Because He has loosed My cord, and afflicted Me, they have also let loose the bridle before Me. Upon My right hand rise the youth; they push away My feet, and they raise up against Me the ways of their destruction. They mar My path, they set forward My calamity, they have no helper. They came upon Me as a wide breaking in of waters: in the desolation they rolled themselves upon Me. Terrors are turned upon Me: they pursue My soul as the wind: and My welfare passes away as a cloud.”

Now look at Psalm 35 which is repeated from May 11 but here it is again, beginning at verse 9 through 16; “My soul shall be joyful in the LORD: it shall rejoice in His Salvation (the destroyer watches is the meaning of this word here, it can also mean health, help, and welfare). All My bones shall say, LORD, who is like unto You, which delivers the poor from him that is too strong for him, yes, the poor and the needy from him that spoils him? False witnesses did rise up; they laid to My charge things that I knew not. They rewarded Me evil for good to the spoiling of My soul. But as for Me, when they were sick, My clothing was sackcloth: I humbled My soul with fasting; and My prayer returned into My own bosom. I behaved Myself as though he had been My friend or brother: I bowed down heavily, as one that mourns for his mother. But in My adversity they rejoiced, and gathered themselves together: yes, the abjects gathered themselves together against Me, and I knew it not; they did tear Me, and ceased not: With hypocritical mockers in feasts, they gnashed upon Me with their teeth.”(+)

Now for Mark chapter 15 beginning at verse 22 through to verse 32's end; “They brought Him to the place called Golgotha, which is, being interpreted, The place of a skull. And they gave Him to drink wine mingled with myrrh: but He received it not. And when they had crucified Him, they parted His garments, casting lots upon them, what every man should take. And it was the third hour, and they crucified Him. And the superscription of His accusation was written over, THE KING OF THE JEWS.

With Him they crucify two thieves; the one on His right hand, and the other on His left. That the scripture were fulfilled, which said, And He was numbered with the transgressors. And they that passed by railed on Him, wagging their heads, and saying, Ah, You that destroy the temple, and build it in three days, save Yourself, and come down from the cross. Likewise also the chief priests mockingly said among themselves with the scribes, He saved others; Himself He cannot save. Let Christ the King of Israel descend now from the cross, that we may see and believe. And they that were crucified with Him reviled Him.” 
Scripture does not reveal this but here is my thought about the thieves who were located one on His right hand signifying righteousness, the other on His left signifying unrepentant sin. To get a clearer understanding look again at Matthew chapter 5 at the first 8 "are's" of this teaching.






No comments:

Post a Comment