Friday, July 4, 2014

The LORD our Passover

Continuing the indexing for May 11th

Now skipping down to John 15:25 we find this quoted there beginning at verse 24; “If I had not done among them the works which none other man did, they had not had sin: but now have they both seen and hated both Me and My Father. But this come to pass, that the word might be fulfilled that is written in their law, “They hated Me without a cause.”I shared a quote from John Gill's Commentary on the Entire Bible which I will not repeat here but I will look at the referenced passages of Psalm 7:4, 35:19, 69;4, 23-29, 31 which contain the abolition of the Mosaic Law and then Isaiah 66:3, Psalm 109:3 and John 2:17 and 19:28. To this I will add John 12:36 and then 1Thessalonians 5:5 for your further consideration.

Psalm 7 beginning at verse 1 through 5 we find this dealing with the last phrase, “They hated Me without cause”; “O LORD My God, in You do I put My trust: save Me from all them that persecute Me, and deliver Me: Lest they tear My soul like a lion, rending it in pieces, while there is none to deliver.

O LORD My God, if I have done this; if there be iniquity in My hands; If I have rewarded evil to him that was at peace with Me; (yes, I have delivered him that without cause is My enemy:) Let the enemy persecute My soul, and take it; yes, let him tread down My life upon the earth, and lay My honor in the dust.”

In Psalm 35 beginning with verse 9 through 16 then 17 through 21 we find this also dealing with the Lord's statement and keep in mind that David is stating what can be called the Fathers talking of His Son in eternity past; “And My soul shall be joyful in the LORD: it shall rejoice in His salvation. All My bones shall say, LORD, who is like to You, which deliver the poor from him that is too strong for him, yes, the poor and the needy from him that spoils him? False witnesses did rise up; they laid to My charge things that I knew not. They rewarded Me evil for good to the spoiling of My soul. But as for Me, when they were sick, My clothing was sackcloth: I humbled My soul with fasting; and My prayer returned into My own bosom. I behaved Myself as though He had been My friend or brother: I bowed down heavily, as one that mourns for his mother. But in My adversity they rejoiced, and gathered themselves together: yes, the abjects gathered themselves together against Me, and I knew it not; they did tear Me, and ceased not: With hypocritical mockers in feasts, they gnashed upon Me with their teeth.

Lord, how long will You look on? rescue My soul from their destructions, My darling from the lions. I will give You thanks in the great congregation: I will praise You among much people. Let not them that are My enemies wrongfully rejoice over Me: neither let them wink with the eye that hate Me without a cause. For they speak not peace: but they devise deceitful matters against them that are quiet in the land. Yes, they opened their mouth wide against Me, and said, Aha, aha, our eye has seen it.”

In Psalm 69 we find this also, beginning at verse 1 through 4 and then 5 through 12 and I saw another grouping from verse 13 through 15 and then verse 31 beginning in verse 29 through 33 we find this; “Save Me, O God; for the waters are come in to My soul. I sink in deep mire, where there is no standing: I am come into deep waters, where the floods overflow Me. I am weary of My crying: My throat is dried: My eyes fail while I wait for My God. They that hate Me without a cause are more than the hairs of My head: they that would destroy Me, being My enemies wrongfully, are mighty: then I restored that which I took not away.

O God, You know My foolishness; and My sins are not hid from You. Let not them that wait on You, O Lord GOD of hosts, be ashamed for My sake: let not those that seek You be confounded for My sake, O God of Israel. Because for Your sake I have borne reproach; shame has covered My face. I am become a stranger to My brethren, and an alien to My mother's children. For the zeal of Your house (the Isra-El of God's own rule) has eaten Me up; and the reproaches of them that reproached You are fallen upon Me. When I wept, and chastened My soul with fasting, that was to My reproach. I made sackcloth also My garment; and I became a proverb to them. They that sit in the gate speak against Me; and I was the song of the drunkards.

But as for Me, My prayer is to You, O LORD, in an acceptable time: O God, in the multitude of Your mercy hear Me, in the truth of Your salvation. Deliver Me out of the mire, and let Me not sink: let Me be delivered from them that hate Me, and out of the deep waters. Let not the waterflood overflow Me, neither let the deep swallow Me up, and let not the pit shut her mouth upon Me.........But I am poor and sorrowful: let Your salvation, O God, set Me up on high. I will praise the name of God with a song, and will magnify Him with thanksgiving. This also shall pleases the LORD better than an ox or bullock that has horns and hoofs. The humble shall see this, and be glad: and your heart shall live that seek God. For the LORD hears the poor, and despises not his prisoners.” In this last stanza is found the hidden the absolution of the Mosaic Law, look at Psalm 50 and the verses beginning with verse 7 through to the end paying particular attention to verses 13, 14, and 23 as this bears witness to this statement. 




No comments:

Post a Comment