Wednesday, July 2, 2014

The LORD our Passover

Continuing with the indexing for May 9th

We have one move passage and it is found in 2John, which has this to say beginning with verse 4 through to verse 11; “I rejoiced greatly that I found of your children walking in truth, as we have received a commandment from the Father. And now I beseech you, lady, not as though I wrote a new commandment to you, but that which we had from the beginning, that we love one another. And this is love, that we walk after His commandments. This is the commandment, That, as you have heard from the beginning, you should walk in it. For many deceivers are entered into the world, who confess not that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh. This is a deceiver and an anti-Christ.

Look to yourselves, that we lose not those things which we have wrought, but that we receive a full reward. Whoever transgresses, and abides not in the doctrine of Christ, has not God. He that abides in the doctrine of Christ, he has both the Father and the Son. If there come any to you, and bring not this doctrine, receive him not into your house, neither bid him God speed: For he that bids him God speed is partaker of his evil deeds.”

Lastly in John 14 verse 27 we have this said of the LORD, “Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be afraid.” To this I shared the following passages of reference Eze. 2:6, 37:26, John 14:1, first Ezekiel 2 verse 6 beginning at verse 1 through 7, then the hand which is extended in verse 8 through 10, we have this beginning at 7; “He said to me, Son of man, stand upon your feet, and I will speak to you. And the Spirit (breath) entered into me when He spoke to me, and set me upon my feet, that I heard Him that spoke to me. He said to me, Son of man, I send you to the children of Israel, to a rebellious nation that has rebelled against Me: they and their fathers have transgressed against Me, to this very day. For they are impudent children and stiff-hearted. I do send you to them; and you shall say to them, Thus says the LORD-GOD. And they, whether they will hear, or whether they will forbear, (for they are a rebellious house,) yet shall know that there has been a prophet among them. And you, son of man, be not afraid of them, neither be afraid of their words, though briers and thorns be with you, and you do dwell among scorpions: be not afraid of their words, nor be dismayed at their looks, though they be a rebellious house. And you shall speak My words to them, whether they will hear, or whether they will forbear: for they are most rebellious.

You, son of man, hear what I say to you; Be not rebellious like that rebellious house: open your mouth, and eat that I give you. And when I looked, behold, an hand was sent to me; and, lo, a roll of a book was therein; And He spread it before me; and it was written within and without: and there was written therein lamentations, and mourning, and woes.”

Form here turn with me to Ezekiel chapter 37 and verse 26 beginning at verse 24 through to the last verse we find this; “David my servant shall be king over them; and they all shall have One shepherd: they shall also walk in My judgments, and observe My statutes, and do them. And they shall dwell in the land that I have given to Jacob My servant, wherein your fathers have dwelt; and they shall dwell therein, they, and their children, and their children's children for ever: and My servant David shall be their prince for ever. Moreover I will make a Covenant of Peace with them; it shall be an everlasting covenant with them: and I will place them, and multiply them, and will set My sanctuary in the midst (in the middle of them, or within them) of them for evermore. My tabernacle also shall be with them: yes, I will be their God, and they shall be My people. And the heathen shall know that I the LORD do sanctify Israel, when My sanctuary shall be in the midst (within the middle, as in the ancient past, a time hidden, look to Gen. 2:7, 21-23) of them for evermore.”

Now for John 14 where we find this in the beginning; “Let not your heart be troubled: believe God, believe also Me. In my Father's house are many mansions: if it were not, I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you. And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again, and receive you to Myself; that where I am, there you may be also. And where I go you know, and the way you know.”

In Ezekiel 43 verse 7 we find this; “He said to me, Son of man, the place of My throne, and the place of the soles of My feet, where I will dwell in the midst (in the middle as within), the children of Israel forever, and My Holy name, shall the house of Israel no more defile, neither they, nor their kings, by their whoredom, nor by the carcases of their kings in their high places.” (Then in Ezekiel 20:40-41 we have this spoken, “For in My holy mountain, in the mountain of the height of Israel, says the LORD-GOD, there shall all the house of Israel, all of them in the land, serve Me: there will I accept them, and there will I require your offerings, and the first-fruits of your oblations, with all your holy things. I will accept you with your sweet savor, when I bring you out from the people, and gather you out of the countries wherein you have been scattered; and I will be sanctified In you before the heathen (one unacquainted with the Living God, usually applied to those who worship idols or those who fornicate with the world).” (Again look at Psalm 2:8)

I must say this about the name or title of Isra-el, this means; God prevails or God rules. And these are those who have become sons of God because in them, as in Jesus, God prevails. There are many who are a non-body, what I mean is this. When we have become redeemed we are given the right or power to “become” sons of God. Which simply, means that we have not yet become though we are redeemed, there remains yet another step just as there are only two Covenants there is a remaining step or a second experience that we have to acquire to become sons of God. It is this that the Gospel is designed and intended to draw us too. We are to show the LORD's death and resurrection by our very conversation or way of living in the world but not taking part in the things of evil and wickedness of the world and its many sweet things. For if the day star of 2Pet. 1:19, has arisen or if we have received His resurrection within our heart, as the day of Christ as found in Phil. 1:6, 19, 2:16 and 2Thes. 2:2, we are a totally a new person. We are no longer our own. He has become our LORD and our very Life. As we have taken His yoke upon ourselves to learn of Him. As a branch of the tree or vine into which His character is being restored and now He resides within us, by His Faith and GOD's Faithfulness. 






No comments:

Post a Comment