Thursday, December 13, 2018

The saga of "The Secret of GOD", part 13.1 the renewed mind.

We are about to look at Jesus' discourse on His betrayal and then His "New Commandment," and then Peter's denial. All of this is laying the ground for what is soon to take place for the Jews and indeed the world by the hand of GOD, Our Creator and true Father. The one who constructs us all while we are yet within the womb of our earthy mothers, and while doing so gives us of His life energy as a fetus.


John 13:21-30 "When Jesus had thus said, 'he was troubled in spirit, and testified, and said, Verily, verily, I say unto you, that one of you shall betray me.' Then the disciples looked one on another, doubting of whom he spake. Now there was leaning on Jesus' bosom one of his disciples, whom Jesus loved. Simon Peter therefore beckoned to him, that he should ask who it should be of whom he spoke. He then lying on Jesus' breast saith unto him, "Lord, who is it?" Jesus answered, 'He it is, to whom I shall give a sop, when I have dipped it.' And when he had dipped the sop, he gave it to Judas Iscariot, the son of Simon. And after the sop Satan entered into him. Then said Jesus unto him, 'That thou doest, do quickly.' Now no man at the table knew for what intent he spoke this unto him. For some of them thought, because Judas had the bag, that Jesus had said unto him, "Buy those things that we have need of against the feast;" or, that he should give something to the poor." He then having received the sop went immediately out: and it was night." (KJV)

John 13:21-30 "After saying these things, Jesus was troubled in his spirit, and testified, 'Truly, truly, I say to you, one of you will betray me.' The disciples looked at one another, uncertain of whom he spoke. One of his disciples, whom Jesus loved, was reclining at table at Jesus' side, so Simon Peter motioned to him to ask Jesus of whom he was speaking. So that disciple, leaning back against Jesus, said to him, "Lord, who is it?" Jesus answered, 'It is he to whom I will give this morsel of bread when I have dipped it.' So when he had dipped the morsel, he gave it to Judas, the son of Simon Iscariot. Then after he had taken the morsel, Satan entered into him. Jesus said to him, 'What you are going to do, do quickly.' Now no one at the table knew why he said this to him. Some thought that, because Judas had the moneybag, Jesus was telling him, "Buy what we need for the feast," or that he should give something to the poor. So, after receiving the morsel of bread, he immediately went out. And it was night." (ESV)

John 13:21-30 "Having said this Jesus was again deeply disturbed in his spirit and said, 'I am telling you now that one of you is about to betray me!' The disciples were confused, looking at one another and wondering who this person could possibly be. One of the disciples was learning against the bossom of Jesus, cuddled up in his love; Simon Peter prompted him to ask Jesus who it was. So he did, "Jesus, who is it?" Jesus replied, 'It is the one I'll give the morsel of bread to once I have dipped into the broth.' He then dipped the morsel and handed it to Judas Iscariot, Simon's son. Wrapped up in that morsel was the opportunity for satan to now fully engage the mind of Judas. Then Jesus said to Judas, 'Do what you've got to do and get it over and done with.' (Literally, amet, together with the morsel...) Even now the other disciples did not suspect Judas in the least. (Amazing how Jesus never treated Judas any differently even though he knew that he was stealing money from them.) Some thought that since Judas was their treasurer Jesus asked him to go and buy necessities for the feast, or perhaps to go and give some money to the pour. With that, Judas left immediately; and it was night." (The Mirror)


John 13:31-35 "Therefore, when he was gone out, Jesus said, 'Now is the Son of man glorified, and God is glorified in him. If God be glorified in him, God shall also glorify him in himself, and shall straightway glorify him. Little children, yet a little while I am with you. Ye shall seek me: and as I said unto the Jews, Whither I go, ye cannot come; so now I say to you. A new commandment I give unto you, That ye love one another; as I have loved you, that ye also love one another. By this shall all men know that ye are my disciples, if ye have love one to another.'" (KJV)

John 13:31-35 "When he had gone out, Jesus said, 'Now is the Son of Man glorified, and God is glorified in him. If God is glorified in him, God will also glorify him in himself, and glorify him at once. Little children, yet a little while I am with you. You will seek me, and just as I said to the Jews, so now I also say to you, 'Where I am going you cannot come.' A new commandment I give to you, that you love one another: just as I have loved you, you also are to love one another. By this all people will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.'" (ESV)

John 13:31-35 "Then, with Judas gone, Jesus said, 'This seals the glorification of the Son of man, as well as GOD's glorification in him. In this joint glorification GOD is glorified in himself - in GOD glorifying humanity in himself, his personal glory is not diminished at all, but fully endorsedd! This is happening immediately and seamlessly! (Whatever GOD accomplished in Jesus the incarnate Christ is of immediate consequence to the human race.) Little children, I am with you for a very little while, then you will seek me, but as I said to the Jews, where I go you cannot (yet come) join me; so now I say to you, I give you a new commandment, keep on loving one another just as I have loved you - my love for you is the source of your love for one another. (The word entole, which is often translated commandment or precept, has two components: en, in and telos, from tello, to set out for a definite point or goal; properly the point aimed at as a limit, that is, by implication, the conclusion of an act or state, the result; the ultimate or prophetic purpose. Strong's number 5056) In this environment of your love for one another everyone will come to know your discipleship to me.'" (The Mirror)


John 13:36-38 "Simon Peter said unto him, "Lord, whither goest thou?" Jesus answered him, 'Whither I go, thou canst not follow me now; but thou shalt follow me afterwards.' Peter said unto him, "Lord, why cannot I follow thee now? I will lay down my life for thy sake." Jesus answered him, 'Wilt thou lay down thy life for my sake? Verily, verily, I say unto thee, The cock shall not crow, till thou hast denied me thrice.'" (KJV)

John 13:36-38 "Simon Peter said to him, "Lord, where are you going?" Jesus answered him, 'Where I am going you cannot follow me now, but you will follow afterward.' Peter said to him, "Lord, why can I not follow you now? I will lay down my life for you." Jesus answered, 'Will you lay down your life for me? Truly, truly, I say to you, the rooster will not crow till you have denied me three times.'" (ESV)

John 13:36-38 "Simon Peter then asked him, "Lord, where are you going?" Jesus answered, 'Where I am about to go, you are not able to accompany me right now, but you will afterword's. (Look at 14:1 I go to prepare a place for you that where I am you may be also!) Peter said, "But Lord, why cannot I follow you right now? I will give my life for you!" Jesus said, 'Will you give your life for me? I say to you now, most certainly will you have contradicted me three times before the cock crows.'" (The Mirror)

The LORD willing, we look at John 14 beginning with the next posting, this chapter continues the Lords revealing of Himself as the promised One who brings the end to the eternal scriptures of the Old Letter. Keep in mind that of the four synoptic gospels John's is the most spiritual because of his time within the Spirit's influence, as the one who laid his head on the Eternal Spirit's breast, and with those he walked with after His departure, namely Paul, after his conversion. John himself a spiritual man separated himself from the rest of the religious crowd. Do not lost sight of this truth we are still in the days of feast preparation.

No comments:

Post a Comment